Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPhideaux new album "Infernal", latest news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 23:58
hey, thanks for the interest in our music.

While we're on the subject, I wanted to let folks know that I am making a freebie "promotional issue" of some music I'm involved with to give out at Nearfest.

This project collects some finished tracks from soon to be released albums as well as two unreleased live recordings of my band. I think the uninitiated might enjoy some of these pieces. We'll also upload them as a "pay what you like" on bandcamp (aka free).  I'm glad In Prog We Trust highlighted some of the unreleased/obscure items that are out there.  This collection brings together many of those things and for free (if you like, you can also pay if you want).

This free disc will come wrapped in a single cardboard sleeve and contain these tracks:

1. Thank You For The Evil (unreleased orchestral edit of a song from "Doomsday Afternoon")
2. Tempest Of Mutiny (from "7˝")
3. Strange Cloud (from "7˝"; also available on Dante's Purgatorio from Musea)
4. Out Of The Angry Planet (Live at 3RP, studio version will appear on "7˝")
5. Chupacabras (Live at Festival Crescendo)
6. Snuff (from Mogon "We Saw The World And It's Beautiful"; also available on "Decameron" from Musea)
7. The Chairs (from Mogon "These Are Our True Faces")

I'm printing 500 copies to bring to Nearfest. Hopefully I'll be able to pass them out, or find a friendly vendor to put them on their table. If you see me, ask for one. Can't wait for the shows!

Also, for those who won't be at the show, you can download it for free here:

http://phideaux.bandcamp.com/album/phideaux-mogon-promotional-issue
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 00:00
Originally posted by Gallifrey Gallifrey wrote:

I really like the 'vinyl format', and I get rather annoyed at bands who release a 50 minute album on double. Grrrrrr

I totally agree!  Albums should not be 13 minutes on each side!  A healthy 20 minutes is important!
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 03:08
Hey there, Phideaux! I must review this album. If it was as good as Snowtorch we are in a real treat! Can you load it online temporarily? If not Pm me a link. Love to hear more Phideaux!
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 03:40
Thanks Atomic, I hope you will review it!  But, that album hasn't been recorded yet!  We start in July.  In the meantime, we have a sampler of some other things we'll be releasing to which I hope you will take a listen.    Contains 3 songs from 7˝, and 2 songs from upcoming Mogon albums as well as a few rare and live things.   
LiquidEternity View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 06:16
Is 7˝ still en route? Or has that one been shelved?
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 08:56
7˝ is still scheduled.  Have a few things to do to finish it, but 2 songs fully mixed, 2 songs ready to mix and 2 songs need a few extra vocals and some guitar work, then ready to mix (which has been the problem...  Engineer/Producer has had too much work and doesn't really want to face mixing this stuff!!!)  But, it will come out soon, and until then, I've got the promotional issue to whet some whistles...
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 09:40
Hug

Ok will check out that other material soonCool Thanks!
In Prog We Trust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 19:46
Phideaux,thanks for providing the link to your sampler!  Listened to several tracks last night and have Chupacabras spinning currently.  I cannot get enough of your fabulous catalog!  Quick question for the prog fanatics not making the trek to Pennsylvania for NEARfest.  Would you be willing to send out a CD copy of the sampler to your devout followers who send a selfaddressed mailer to you?  I will download on my computer but would love to have a physical copy of the CD for my collection.  Thanks for considering.  Sorry I will not be able to say hello at the festival.  In Prog We Trust.
P.S.  any plans to play a show in the Southeast U.S. in the future?
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 20:05
Hey Prog, once I get the sampler cds, I will organize a way to send them out.  If you're in US,  s.a.s.e. is a great way to go.  Unfortunately we have no plans to play in the future. Because the economics of our band are crazy, we had our "last gig" in October at Orion studios (although with the new album that we are planning to record, I might come out of mothballs to do another show to record for DVD and "cap off" this era of my music).  We can't afford to rehearse, record and perform.  We just all live too scattered around, so we've done some shows and will release some live stuff soon.  A sample of that is on the sampler disc, but it's a strictly money losing enterprise for me to play live in this configuration.  Mogon, however, is another story and that project may be wanting to play live soon, of course it's a separate repertoire for the most part.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 20:18
Bummer. Must be tough to try to get a project rolling like a band. Well, as long as you put out these proposed four albums in, say, the next year or two, you might satiate some of your fans. :P
In Prog We Trust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 20:20
Phideaux,  Thanks for the update on touring challenges.  Entirely understandable.  I wish I had gone to the Pittsburgh festival a couple of years back when you played.  I will be front and center if the Mogon project is able to play live.  My section of the country is a black hole for good prog music.  Before I was married I attended multiple NEARfests and had a blast.  Thanks for reaching out to your fan base!  I hope more and more people discover your music repertoire allowing you to continue creating world class compositions.  Any thoughts on creating a Phideaux Iphone app?  I have enjoyed Steven Wilson's app and would spend lots of time on a Phideaux app.  In Prog We Trust
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 20:55
If I may ask, where is your "home base?"
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 21:17
The download does come with simple booklet art and a cd label so you can always make your own hard copy. Big smile
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 23:24
Originally posted by LiquidEternity LiquidEternity wrote:

I've been waiting for this one for a while! Snowtorch is neat, but I'm really looking for more in the vein of Doomsday Afternoon and Number Seven.

Protip: Number Seven is not part of thew trilogy. The first album is Great Leap, the second is Doomsday and the third is going to be Infernal.

Also, always great to see you around, Fido. Big smile It's great to see how some artists are really interested with their fans. Your music will always be in my heart! (in a non-gay way LOLHeart

Edited by CCVP - June 13 2012 at 23:26
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 23:50
I operate out of Los Angeles in California to answer Epignosis. 

As for iphone apps, I will have to investigate that.  However, it's hard enough getting the albums made, that i imagine it would be hard to coordinate additional media outreach!

cheers and thanks for your ears.
The Truth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 00:27
Watched General Hospital while channel flipping the other day, saw your name in the credits. :O

Oh yeah, and the album sounds exciting too. ;D Seriously can't wait, Snowtorch was a really impressive record.
guimabvue View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 01:31
Wouah this compilation is really fantastic, thank you! Hug
I love the live version of Chupacabras at the Festival Crescendo! Would you like to come back there someday? You have a lot of fans in France (surely I'm the greatest Big smile)!

I wondered what is this 8th track (The Wind Never Dies)? It is a Mogon release?

Anyway your music is awesome! I've got Snowtorch on vinyl and I hope all your future (and previous) albums can be printed in the same way!
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 01:40
The last three albums as well as Chupacabras are among my favorite prog albums.   Looking forward to the next 4 releases.  Going to have to check out this compilation just to whet my appetite. 

^^ Seen a few episodes of GH that he directed.  Never much into soaps, but my girlfriend loved them until they canned One Life to Live.  Sad that all those soaps have gone away and replaced by steaming piles.  American television has pretty much hit rock bottom. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 04:02
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

Sad that all those soaps have gone away and replaced by steaming piles.

You're not kidding!  I hope they keep us on the air!  Aside from loving the genre, I love having a job that enables me to keep making music!   Thanks for the kind words about the music, also.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 06:12
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Protip: Number Seven is not part of thew trilogy. The first album is Great Leap, the second is Doomsday and the third is going to be Infernal.

This is well known. That was not what I was saying.

I am wondering what the "fractals of Phideaux" means. Having listened to the two tracks, it does sound a bit quieter and less orchestrated. Do the fractals mean it's more of a four piece rock outfit? Or will various Mogon releases have, say, Valerie on them? Wink

Edited by LiquidEternity - June 14 2012 at 06:42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>