Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow Circus new album and video release
    Posted: May 31 2012 at 15:11

SHADOW CIRCUS Sign with 10T Records for “On a Dark and Stormy Night”

Featured Image

10T Records is thrilled to announce the signing of SHADOW CIRCUS for the release of their upcoming full length concept CD, entitled On a Dark and Stormy Night, in late Summer 2012.  On a Dark and Stormy Night is based on the Newberry Award-winning science fiction fantasy classic, A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle, and is being released with the full cooperation of the L’Engle estate as it coincides with the 50th anniversary of the original publication of the book. On a Dark and Stormy Night is a progressive rock tour-de-force that finds the band’s creative scope widening, including elements of cinematic orchestral arrangements, classic Progressive Rock, Celtic music, and Metal.

Hailing from the New York City area, Shadow Circus began as an experiment by composer/guitarist John Fontana to pursue his passion for Progressive Rock. John was joined by longtime friend and vocalist, David Bobick, whose background in musical theater was a perfect match for John’s vision of a band that was as entertaining to watch on stage, as it was to listen to. Christening themselves with a name inspired by a fictional carnival from Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes, Shadow Circus was born.

2006 saw the release of their debut CD, Welcome to the Freakroom, and earned the band a following and reputation as a theatrical and entertaining group with solid songwriting and impressive musicianship. But it was 2009′s Whispers and Screams that solidified Shadow Circus as a band to be watched, earning them their first appearance in 2010′s ProgDay festival, and numerous live appearances at B.B. King’s in New York City, the legendary Orion Studios in Baltimore, and The Magic Room in Boston. Continuing with their penchant for literary influences, this second release featured a song that recalls a famous episode of The Twilight Zone, and an epic suite lyrically inspired by Stephen King’s dark fantasy masterpiece, The Stand.

The music of the 2012 edition of Shadow Circus continues to draw on strongly emotional and literary themes in the context of a highly entertaining ensemble, recalling some of the flavors which are staples to the Progressive Rock sound, while challenging typical expectations of this genre with elements that are at once symphonic, cinematic, soulful, melodic, and, most importantly, rocking. Energized by a lineup featuring the return of original bassist/cellist Matt Masek, drummer Jason Brower, and David Silver on keyboards, the band is currently in the studio recording On a Dark and Stormy Night.

“Shadow Circus is extremely excited to begin what we think will be a long and fruitful partnership with 10T Records, a label that we admire for its integrity, and value of quality over quantity,” says John. “We are honored to join 10T’s roster of outstanding artists, whose music we have enjoyed and been inspired by.”

“John and I have been friends for a few years and it feels like it was destined that we would eventually work together,” says 10T Records president, Steve Carroll. “I was blown away by Whispers and Screams, but after seeing their amazing performance at ProgDay in 2010, I knew that the time was right for a partnership.  We couldn’t possibly be any happier to be bringing “On a Dark and Stormy Night” to the world in just a few months.”

In the meantime, Shadow Circus’ second release, Whispers and Screams, is now available for purchase through the 10T Records online store for immediate shipping worldwide.

Listen to Whispers and Screams

Purchase Whispers and Screams at the 10T Store

Edited by jplanet - April 02 2013 at 02:56
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2012 at 15:33
Thumbs Up
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 12:46
This is great news!  10T seems to have many good things on their label!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 13:13
Clap Nice one John.
What?
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2012 at 17:32
 Featured Image

10T Records is excited to announce the release of the brand new full length concept CD by SHADOW CIRCUS, entitled “On a Dark and Stormy Night,” on December 11, 2012, with an official street date of January 15, 2013.

On a Dark and Stormy Night,” is based on the Newberry Award-winning science fiction fantasy classic, “A Wrinkle in Time,” by Madeleine L’Engle, and is being released with the full cooperation of the L’Engle estate as it coincides with the 50th anniversary of the original publication of the book. “On a Dark and Stormy Night” is a progressive rock tour-de-force that finds Shadow Circus widening their creative scope, including elements of cinematic orchestral arrangements, classic Progressive Rock, Celtic music, and Metal.

For this new release, Shadow Circus continues to expand their musical palette, blending elements that are at once darkly symphonic, cinematic, soulful, melodic, and, most importantly, rocking. In addition to founding composer/guitarist John Fontana and vocalist David Bobick, the 2012 edition of Shadow Circus features the return of original bassist/cellist Matt Masek, drummer Jason Brower, and David Silver on keyboards.

“Creating “On a Dark and Stormy Night” has been a labor of love for myself and the band over the past two years,” says Shadow Circus founding member John Fontana.  “With this release, we have all set the bar much higher as far as composition, instrumental and vocal performance, lyrics and production. I have probably learned more about composing and production during this process than I have in the past twenty years that I’ve spent making music! We have drawn from the influences that made us all passionate about the Progressive Rock genre, but the greatest influence in this production has been our passion for the craft of making music, and our love for the themes of this timeless story that is every bit as relevant now as it was when it was first published fifty years ago.

“Shadow Circus have really brought their musical craft to a new level on this release,” says 10T Records president, Steve Carroll.  “I think the band will see their fan base absolutely explode with this release!”

Three full songs from this release are streamed in full, and preorder packages available here:

http://www.shadowcircusmusic.com/preorder
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2012 at 04:41
You can now listen to the whole album streamed from the band's website, and of course purchase it, since it is rather good: http://shadowcircusmusic.com/audio  Thumbs Up
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2012 at 00:26
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

You can now listen to the whole album streamed from the band's website, and of course purchase it, since it is rather good: http://shadowcircusmusic.com/audio  Thumbs Up

Thank you very much posting this - you even beat me to it! Hope you continue to enjoy it! :-)
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 23:15
Shadow Circus are happy to announce the release of our first-ever official music video, "Whosit, Whatsit and Which'!

The video pays homage to the classic Euro rock shows of the 70's, such as the legendary Beat Club. Complete with a German announcer, and psychedelic backgrounds, this video will also demonstrate how a prog jam can cause a rare side-effect best described as "spontaneous gypsy scarf". Don't ask, just watch, and it will all make sense!

Hope you enjoy!

Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 10:00
 Dig the cool girlie chorus !  We need more cool girlie choruses. Cool song. Cool album. Cool vid. Cool band.
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 10:04
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

Dig the cool girlie chorus !  We need more cool girlie choruses. Cool song. Cool album. Cool vid. Cool band.

Thanks, Ian, glad you like it! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply