Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biographies Needing Attention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2012 at 05:28
Shouldn't we update the Jon Lord and Deep Purple bios, in the light of Jon's death??
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2012 at 06:01
^Good idea, shouldn't take  much amendment. I'll try to do it later.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 16:52
new AYREON bio, please shout for any obvious mistakes
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 05:31
This wonderfull Kraut/Stoner outfit from Munich, Germany.
Have resently been added to PA, but without the biography.
How do I help to get the bacis info. in there ?

Edited by tamijo - November 10 2012 at 05:32
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 05:34
^What do you mean? Research on the internet and find out about them. If they have a website that may help.
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 06:10
I got the info. just dont know how to put it in there

Another thing : Periscope
Is a 1999 album (on Toaster Records), the 2004 is a reissue (on Elektrohasch)
Looks like the only thing changed is the cover.

Edited by tamijo - November 10 2012 at 06:14
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 06:46
Just post the Bio here and I can add it. I will credit you at the end of  it.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 06:47
Originally posted by tamijo tamijo wrote:

fixed
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 06:54
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Originally posted by tamijo tamijo wrote:

fixed
By the way - some versions have a bonus track :
I dont know if you want to add that
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 08:11

COLOUR HAZE, is a Krautrock band formed in Germany 1994, by Stefan Koglek (vocal, guitar), Tim Höfer (drums), Christian Wiesner (bass). In 1995 the release their debut “Chopping Machine” as a tree-piece, the album is in a style caught between a classic Heavy Rock (Black Sabbath), and the Grunge popular at the time (Pearl Jam). Between 1995 and 1999 the band went through a series on member changes, including singer Felix Neuenhoff  replace Koglek on the vocal parts. From the recording of “Periscope” (1999), they were again reduces to a tree-piece Stefan Koglek (vocal, guitar),  Manfred Merwald (drums), Philipp Rasthofer (bass). “Periscope” marks the start of the new COLOUR HAZE, with a solid and Heavy, Psychedelic  Stoner Rock, clearly inspired by Jimi Hendrix but definitely also sending thoughts in the direction of the early Krautrock. Over the years the band have become a bit less heavy, exploring even more the slow buildup on very long tracks, with a warmer and softer sound, and a crafty groove.

Any album they have done from  “Periscope” and onwards are worth a listen, but “Temple” 2006 mark a refinement both in their sound and the melodies they create. May be seen, as the start of the third chapter.

A highly recommended German band, still evolving modern Stoner Rock

NB: If you find any language errors please just edit, my written english is not allways perfect.

Edited by tamijo - November 10 2012 at 08:15
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 08:32
^Added.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 07:14
Dreamlore biography updated finding new information from the net
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2012 at 15:21
What the Blood Revealed biography, photo and discography updated
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 15:21
Sieges Even biography updated
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 18:41
Ehnahre biography, discography and link updated
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 05:09
Good work, good work!Thumbs Up
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 05:16
^ cheers Ian, but we need more, we need more... Wink
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2013 at 17:30
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Trouble is that even this thread highlighting problem Bios is that someone has to do the work to change it. So if we  agreed that Chris Squire needed a redo that would just be the first stage. Who would do it? Me because i noticed it?

I know this is old, but in the end ... you know folks well enough around here and what they like ... you can always ask someone, and the most they can do is reply with a no.

I have offered, and was turned down, because what I wanted to do with the biography of Carmen, was intertwine all three of the albums that also tell the story of the band ... and how it came up and went down. Much of it was also written on the liner notes in their website where the band explained a lot of things.

That was turned down and I have not done anymore since.

I still believe, as I did then, that if we are going to be "progressive", we have to make room for creativity, and what I had done was different and positive ... but was set down.

I won't disagree with the set down! You're only making this writer do even more! But you can ask! I have no qualms helping something I believe in, but some folks think I have personal issues with, and I don't ... you all work hard and put in the time ... what more can anyone ask?

Edited by moshkito - June 30 2013 at 17:31
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2013 at 14:43
I just wrote a review for Honeyelk and noticed that they have no Bio. I can write one if that's ok with the Zehul team.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2013 at 15:14
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

I just wrote a review for Honeyelk and noticed that they have no Bio. I can write one if that's ok with the Zehul team.
I'm sure I can speak for the team in saying that would be most appreciated. Big smile  I'm not sure if you need to post it here or in our team thread (or both), but a Special Collab will need to physically add whatever you compose.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>