Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biographies Needing Attention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2017 at 02:01
Done
DDPascalDD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDPascalDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2017 at 01:37
Thanks!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 08:43
Lately I've been considering launching a global revision of Bios, since I consider a significant part is outdated/badly edited/incomplete - but that  would surely require a substantial task force not a single-man effort.

What is your opinion and would you be willing to join forces and participate ?

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 08:52
Happy to get involved from the RIO side
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 12:03
Great Ian,  hope we''ll not remain a band of two... let's wait for more answers and then we'll start the discussion on how to coordinate efforts
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 23:16
Jose if you could clarify what you mean by a revision of bios and what the numbers look like--  are we talking hundreds, thousands?   Would these be complete rewrites or just changes, edits, etc.?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 02:49
There are loads of them which require updating. I would be happy to help in the limited time I have available.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 03:52
David,

Of course it depends from one case to another, to be rigorous certain bands would require a total rewrite while other will benefit just from a more light editing and/or updating.

I think we shouldn't let be overwhelmed by the (eventually) huge amount of work required, if we start thinking in terms of numbers it's easy to get discouraged and give up right away Sleepy

If we could coordinate a joint effort I'm certain it will positively reinforce the individual commitement and make the task a more pleasant one (the main personal goal, as I see it) and productive (the final collective result).

Let me know your POV
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 05:07
Steve,

I knew you would, thanks mate  !

Stay tuned Big smile  (...when we get our posse together, then we'll talk specifics...)
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 06:29
Happy to chip in, we completed this in the HP team recently so there should not more than a handful that need updating (if any). It has proved more difficult with Prog metal which has been hit and miss.

I think we can start from the ones that are in urgent need of update and concern more well-known bands. If you can co-ordinate this and we spread this out to more people I think we can see some more progress.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 07:58
Thanos,

Wow, great to have you (the posse is growing, 4 already on board)

Your comment is spot-on, exactly my thoughts too.

Do you think we should "advertise"/link this thread in the sub-genres rooms in order to get more visibility and hopefully enlarge our troops ?

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 12:53
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Steve,

I knew you would, thanks mate  !

Stay tuned Big smile  (...when we get our posse together, then we'll talk specifics...)

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 13:39

Thanos,

Wow, great to have you (the posse is growing, 4 already on board)

Your comment is spot-on, exactly my thoughts too.

Do you think we should "advertise"/link this thread in the sub-genres rooms in order to get more visibility and hopefully enlarge our troops ?

You could give it a try, I hope you get some interest; most "old" members are aware of this but some of the newest (and perhaps keener) might not be. I believe that when it comes to allocating it would be important to get some commitment to do this, even if it is 1-2 bands per person.

You have a good team already building up here.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 13:49
I can help out too.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 14:51
Greg,

Great to count with you, my friend, I begin to think we'll gather a super posse soon (at least 10 would be good, but more the better) Big smile
I figure we should do this in a more or less systematic and coordinated way - as much as I embrace the K.I.S.S. approach, you know, most of all I hate chaos  (but that's me...)
Do you think it's possible/advisable or do you have other suggestion on how we should join forces ?
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2017 at 02:24
Reading this thread only now...I can spare some time on this
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2017 at 05:33
Luca,

You're a precious addition to our posse, glad to have you !

As you may have read above, I am waiting to have at least 10 deputies (we're 6 now) before launching a quick discussion on how to get a little coordination between us all.
I truly believe that working in a collective fashion will be more motivational/entertaining/rewarding and as a consequence more productive.

Stay tuned Big smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2017 at 13:38

Greg,

Great to count with you, my friend, I begin to think we'll gather a super posse soon (at least 10 would be good, but more the better) Big smile
I figure we should do this in a more or less systematic and coordinated way - as much as I embrace the K.I.S.S. approach, you know, most of all I hate chaos  (but that's me...)
Do you think it's possible/advisable or do you have other suggestion on how we should join forces ?

Hi Jose,

Systematic and coordinated rather than haphazard makes sense. Glad work is not starting immediately because I'm pretty full on with work (lots of papers to work on) and family matters. I will be glad to help as time and sanity permits.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2017 at 14:13
^ Hey, we're leaving no man behind ! LOL
Take your time, Greg,  everyone has its own pace, of course, and we are supposed to have FUN and relax here.
Anyways, keep  an eye on the thread ...

kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2017 at 16:03
ok me too, especially with the folk prog  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>