Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biographies Needing Attention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 13:52
Addendum to the existing Kayak biography if you feel it is worth updating - covers the period from 2010 to present:

In 2010 there was a Pim KOOPMAN Tribute concert in Amsterdam's Paradiso hall, exactly (save one day) a year after his passing. KAYAK played a special set with guest artists or band members that Pim had worked with in the past as a producer and songwriter. Pim’s place as a drummer that night was taken by Hans EIJKENAAR. A few weeks after the concert KAYAK announced their intent to continue as a band with Hans as Pim’s successor on drums. In 2011 the tribute concert DVD of the Paradiso concert in honour of Pim was released, along with a new album 'Anywhere But Here' in September of that year. Hans not only took Pim’s place behind the drum kit, but also mixed the new album. From October to December a re-energized KAYAK embarked on a club tour to promote the album.

In 2012, to celebrate their 40th anniversary, KAYAK embarked on a club tour called 'Journey Through Time'. Due to his many other musical commitments, Hans EIJKENAAR was not available for the whole tour, and was replaced by Sjoerd RUTTEN for some of the concerts. The band released a special maxi-single with a previously unreleased track ('Symmetry', dating back to 1971) and a new song 'Cleopatra - The Crown of Isis.' Plans were announced for a new, ambitious rock opera about the life of the legendary Egyptian queen Cleopatra.

In 2014, after a period of over two years preparing and recording, the new rock opera was finally released. The double album was financed partly by a crowdfunding campaign. The CD featured several guest vocalists: Martin van der STARRE, Alexander van BREEMAN, Marjolein TEEPEN (who had been part of the Nostradamus cast in 2005) and Greek singer Tatiana MANOLIDOU.

To everyone's surprise singers Cindy OUDSHORN and Edward REEKERS announced that they would leave KAYAK after the last gig in 2014. The news came only a few weeks before the release of the album and the upcoming club tour, but in March 2015 KAYAK (Ton SCHERPENZEEL, Rob VUNDERINK, Joost VERGOOSSEN, Jan van OLFFEN and Sjoerd RUTTEN (replacing Hans EIJKENAAR) & guests (in particular Marjolein TEEPEN and Rolf KOSTER, who replaced Cindy and Edward) performed the rock opera at a special outside event on the Dutch island of Texel.

In March of 2017, Ton SCHERPENZEEL introduced two new band members - singer Bart SCHWERTMANN and guitarist Marcel SINGOR - who, along with himself, would become the band’s creative core. It had become apparent that nobody from the most recent line up would return - except for Ton himself, of course. This meant the most radical line up transformation in KAYAK's long history, quite a remarkable feat after so many years. KAYAK's live line up was eventually completed by the addition of Swedish bass player Kristoffer GILDENLÖW (ex PAIN OF SALVATION), and drummer Collin LEIJENAAR (AFFECTOR, NEAL MORSE, DAVE BAINBRIDGE). Kris and Collin had already played together before in Neal MORSE's band.

In July 2017 KAYAK found a new management (Glassville Music) and signed a worldwide deal with Inside Out Music, and although it had originally been announced for October 2017, the latest KAYAK album 'Seventeen' was officially released by them on January 12th 2018. The new album featured a guest appearance by Andy LATIMER (CAMEL) on guitar, and a reborn KAYAK once again proved that the band's name - though chosen randomly back in 1972 - was still as appropriate as ever. Just when everyone expected the boat to sink, it miraculously resurfaced and sailed on!

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 14:52
^ Worthy update, for sure, gonna upload it right away...and done!

(on respect contacting Uwe about FD bio, may I suggest you do it yourself and explain your reasons)

Edited by Quinino - May 08 2018 at 14:54
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 16:14
^ Done Jose - I've asked him to have a look at relevant section of this thread, and to let us know here how he would like things to proceed regarding the Frequency Drift bio update.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 16:24
Sorry to be a damned nuisance Jose, but I never noticed that there wasn't an official website link on Kayak's PA page until I just looked at the uploaded update. Kayak's official site is at https://www.kayakonline.info/ if you want to add that in as well. Embarrassed
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 04:40
^ Look closer, David, at the left column just below the photo (lettering in red) - there you have our link !

(a couple weeks ago it was moved here from its previous position at the end of the bio - where you were expecting to find it and couldn't)

Edited by Quinino - May 09 2018 at 04:42
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 11:55
Lol! Silly me for not spotting it there! Much better where it was before though imho - prominent, on its own, where everyone expects it to be...and definitely not in red, which is a really a warning color! If it is of any concern at all, the link actually points to an old Kayak URL, which changed to the current one some time after a major update to the Kayak official website at the end of October 2012. The link re-directs successfully to the current URL, so all is well I guess....and keeping on top of all the changing (and often disappearing) website links for all the artists we now have on our site would be a full time job in itself!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 15:04
^ We never know, the redirect could fail anytime soon -  to be on the safe side I updated the URL  you contributed
Thanks, mate !
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 15:13
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Look closer, David, at the left column just below the photo (lettering in red) - there you have our link !

(a couple weeks ago it was moved here from its previous position at the end of the bio - where you were expecting to find it and couldn't)

I've responded to David's PM while appreciating his support. No objections here, thanks!

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 03:18
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

I've responded to David's PM while appreciating his support. No objections here, thanks!

OK, then, new Frequency Drift Bio (by YamYam) uploaded to the band's page
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 17:54
added releases and updated bio for US prog folk band Spires that in the Sunset Rise 
In the process I accidentally "rated" two aklbums and I don't think there is any way to unrate them.  Is somebody around here able to remove those ratings?
Thanks!
Ken
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2018 at 17:52
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=4850 (Grave) - hardly any info at present.

This is courtesy of the book "Cosmic Dreams at Play: A Guide to German Progressive and Electronic Rock" (1996), with a little editing here and there.

Grave were a band of teenagers that formed in the basement of a Brinkum (near Bremen) Youth House in 1975. With a primitive tape recorder, and using only two microphones, six tracks were recorded live in the studio (summer 1975), and the one and only album by Grave was released as 'Grave I' that year in a limited edition of 100 copies.

This was plain, straight forward and simple garage rock, like the fast competent rehearsals from a typical neighborhood teenage combo. Nevertheless the album has since become a hunted collector's item, and people are prepared to pay up to 1,000 DEM for it! Three more tracks recorded in 1975 were added to a reissue in the early 90's, and the other four of the seven bonus tracks included on the 2003 Garden Of Delights CD reissue were recorded in 1989 under improved conditions.

The album itself has the track timings, but is missing the entry for Total Time, and also the year of release for the Garden Of Delights CD reissue.

The five other versions that have been released can be found here: https://www.discogs.com/Grave-Grave-1/release/1429409.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 02:48
^Good work, thanks mate

(included a link to the label's page and corrected the album's title to "Grave 1")

Edited by Quinino - June 07 2018 at 03:13
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 16:11
Hi there, admins.  Aaron Clift here.  I would like to update some of the information for Prog Archives artist, The Aaron Clift Experiment (the current info is about 3 years out of date):

Please replace the current band photo with our new band photo.

Please replace the current bio with the following text:

The Aaron Clift Experiment is a dynamic progressive rock band based in Austin, Texas.  The group’s multi-faceted sound is an innovative blend of classic rock, modern rock, and classical all anchored by the band’s dedication to high-quality songwriting and musicianship.  

Formed in 2012 as the solo project of Aaron Clift, the band has since blossomed into a powerful live group enriched by the extensive musical background of its members.  The soaring vocals of classically-trained singer and keyboardist, Aaron Clift, are grounded by the powerhouse guitar of Mathew Aboujaoude and rhythm section of Christopher Aboujaoude (bass) and Tim Smith (drums).

In the last few years, the band has carved out a significant worldwide following.  Its last two albums, 2012’s “Lonely Hills,” and 2015’s “Outer Light, Inner Darkness,” were critically-acclaimed progressive rock achievements, landing on several year-end best album lists.  In 2016, the band was nominated for a Limelight Award by Prog Magazine.  In 2017, the band had a star-making performance at RosFest, one of the largest progressive rock festivals in the world.

The Aaron Clift Experiment continues to move its dynamic sound forward in its 2018 release, “If All Goes Wrong.”  The album contains the band’s most diverse and electrifying music to date – songs full of enthralling melodies, masterful epics, and addictive pop hooks.

In the "Buy The Aaron Clift Experiment Music section," can you please replace the links that are currently there with the following links?

kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 18:52
updated the Circulus bio
Sulphclem View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sulphclem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 12:06
Hello,

First post on PA ! 

I'm the drummer from the band Scherzoo and I'd like to propose a more complete biography for the band, if it's all ok. 

< ="text/"> p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 17.0px; font: 14.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #ffffff} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 17.0px; font: 14.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #292421; min-height: 17.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Scherzoo is a band founded in 2005 by the composer and multi-instrumentalist François THOLLOT.

After the early years marked by a high instability, the line-up of the band is fixed in 2011 with the arrival of NI's François MIGNOT (guitar) and Anthony BEART (bass), Jeremy Van QUACKBEKE (piano), Guillaume LAGACHE (saxophone), and with F.THOLLOT taking the drum seat. This line-up has recorded the two first albums of Scherzoo, entitled 01 (2011) and 02 (2012).

In 2013, F.Thollot is the new bassist, and hires Clement CURAUDEAU (drums, from Sulphat’Ketamine), Maxime MANTOVANI (guitar) and Renaud VERNET (sax). This new formula of the band then records the 03 album in 2014 and performs in a few festivals, including Freakshow (Wurzburg-Ger) and Soleil Zeuhl (Paris - Fra), sharing the bill with Guillaume PerretJean Louis or Wobbler.

A new instrumentation is then adopted, without guitar and sax but with a dual-keyboards formula and a whole new repertoire, which was recorded for the 04 album, released in September 2018.

The actual line-up of the band is therefore: François THOLLOT (Bass), Gregoire PLANCHER  (Electric Piano, Mellotron), Anthony PONTET(Electric Piano, Organ) and Clément CURAUDEAU (Drums). 

Scherzoo's music is entirely instrumental and combines many influences from the various styles of progressive rock (Canterbury, Zeuhl, RIO, Jazz Fusion, Symphonic), but also in jazz and classical/contemporary music. All the band records have been released via Soleil Zeuhl label, and the first three of them have been mastered by Udi Koomran.

We also have a more recent band photo : http://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15171119_1090070731120691_936090350209012888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=29b1b813017c5c646c88fbcf2e1975f5&oe=5C61679B

Thank you in advance ! 

Clément 

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 12:44
Nice to meet you!!!
There's some love for your band on this site. I don't know when I'll find the time to make the changes but if not me I'm sure one of our mates will.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 15:51
I'll do it, love this band and just bought the new album.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Sulphclem View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sulphclem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 04:35
Thanks guys ! I hope you'll enjoy the new record, since it's kind of a departure from the previous ones (at least sonically)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2019 at 15:45
Originally posted by aaroncliftmusic aaroncliftmusic wrote:

Hi there, admins.  Aaron Clift here.  I would like to update some of the information for Prog Archives artist, The Aaron Clift Experiment (the current info is about 3 years out of date):

Please replace the current band photo with our new band photo.

Please replace the current bio with the following text:

Well, almost 1 year past, I discovered this hadn't yet been completed - it's done, now, thanks Aaron and sorry for the huge delay.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2019 at 16:27
Originally posted by Sulphclem Sulphclem wrote:

Hello,

First post on PA ! 

I'm the drummer from the band Scherzoo and I'd like to propose a more complete biography for the band, if it's all ok. 

Scherzoo is a band founded in 2005 by the composer and multi-instrumentalist <a href="artist.asp?id=3008">François THOLLOT</a>.

After the early years marked by a high instability, the line-up of the band is fixed in 2011 with the arrival of NI's François MIGNOT (guitar) and Anthony BEART (bass), Jeremy Van QUACKBEKE (piano), Guillaume LAGACHE (saxophone), and with F.THOLLOT taking the drum seat. This line-up has recorded the two first albums of Scherzoo, entitled 01 (2011) and 02 (2012).

In 2013, F.Thollot is the new bassist, and hires Clement CURAUDEAU (drums, from Sulphat’Ketamine), Maxime MANTOVANI (guitar) and Renaud VERNET (sax). This new formula of the band then records the 03 album in 2014 and performs in a few festivals, including Freakshow (Wurzburg-Ger) and Soleil Zeuhl (Paris - Fra), sharing the bill with Guillaume PerretJean Louis or Wobbler.

A new instrumentation is then adopted, without guitar and sax but with a dual-keyboards formula and a whole new repertoire, which was recorded for the 04 album, released in September 2018.

As of 2018 the line-up of the band is: François THOLLOT (Bass), Gregoire PLANCHER  (Electric Piano, Mellotron), Anthony PONTET(Electric Piano, Organ) and Clément CURAUDEAU (Drums). 

Scherzoo's music is entirely instrumental and combines many influences from the various styles of progressive rock (Canterbury, Zeuhl, RIO, Jazz Fusion, Symphonic), but also in jazz and classical/contemporary music. All the band records have been released via Soleil Zeuhl label, and the first three of them have been mastered by <a href="Collaborators.asp?id=18072">Udi KOOMRAN</a>.

Thank you in advance ! 

Clément

To this day no one has actually done it , so I'm stepping in now - thanks and done (with a little editing) !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>