Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biographies Needing Attention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 15:14

The two-line bio for the above artist could be replaced by something derived from these two links:

As a starting point you could write:

STELLAR CIRCUITS is a Progressive Metal band based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, which was formed as a four-piece consisting of Ben BEDDICK (vocals), Andrew MERICLE (guitar), Jesse OLSEN (bass) and Tyler MENON (drums) in 2015 with the idea of creating progressively-minded music that resonates with the masses. The band's name is derived from a theory proposed in the 1970s called 'the eight-circuit model of consciousness', which attempts to understand the processes of the mind by breaking consciousness down into eight periods (or circuits) and twenty-four stages of neurological evolution.

The band's influences hail from a variety of music genres, but they are particularly inspired by bands such as A PEREFCT CIRCLE, DEFTONES, ANIMALS AS LEADERS and RUSH. Their debut self-titled 5-track EP was released towards the end of 2015, and they followed it up with a full album called 'Ways We Haunt' in November 2018. According to vocalist Ben Beddick, the concept behind this record developed from an idea he got from an American anthology crime drama TV series called 'True Detective', which suggested to him that our minds are like a house with many rooms.

The band has performed live extensively to promote its music, and in June 2019 a second guitarist, Jared STAMEY, was added to the line-up, with him making his stage debut at 'The Ramkat' live music venue and bar in their hometown of Winston-Salem, NC on 21st December 2019.

Edit: EP and Single added to main band page, just make sure I've done it correctly though!

Edited by yam yam - January 21 2021 at 15:17
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 16:01
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 16:09
Originally posted by snow wolf snow wolf wrote:

Those changes look good. And yes I’m Josh 😉.

For websites:
https://chestrockwell.bandcamp.com/
Facebook.com/therealchestrockwell

I can get you a more recent picture as well. That one up there is from 2006.

Thanks, CHEST ROCKWELL bio updated, by genre team approval.
DarboRanlyd View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarboRanlyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 10:35
Hi, I appreciate being featured as an artist on this site but I really need my page changed because the information and links are very outdated.  Can I directly edit the page about myself?  Just so it's said, this isn't the first time I've inquired about getting my info / links updated.  My artist page is here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8766

I'd be willing to change the info myself if you'd let me.  

Hoping to hear from someone about this issue, thanks!

-Brady
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 10:41
No, you must request the change through the admin group.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 12:34
Originally posted by DarboRanlyd DarboRanlyd wrote:

Hi, I appreciate being featured as an artist on this site but I really need my page changed because the information and links are very outdated.  Can I directly edit the page about myself?  Just so it's said, this isn't the first time I've inquired about getting my info / links updated.  My artist page is here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8766

I'd be willing to change the info myself if you'd let me.  

Hoping to hear from someone about this issue, thanks!

-Brady

Brady, PA users, unless they are Special Collaborators or Admins, don't have permissions to edit artists' pages. Even if they are artists themselves. Giving permissions is out of our team control. So you can't make changes on your page directly.

Please post here actual info (weblink and bio), then I'll make changes on your page. That's all we can offer.

Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 16:29
I'd be happy to send you guys an updated Radiohead bio if you'd like. I noticed that it only goes up to Hail to the Thief, and they've released several more albums since then 
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 17:28
^ You may try, Brendan. Current bio has its not-so-easy-to-follow style, in my opinion makes sense to add the continuation without changing the original text.

So it will look like:
Formed in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England in 1985
:
:
Anyone into provocative sounds that blow the rock mold to smithereens is welcome to listen.

: : : Jeff Wagner, USA : : :

<The story of Radiohead after "Hail to the Thief">

Please keep in mind that to make updates we need to ask the genre team approval. Changes will not be made without their blessing.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 28 2021 at 17:29
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 18:06
Could I just rewrite the entire bio as long as it's well-written and meets their approval? I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to write anyway
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 11:13
^ You can try to rewrite the bio, but I can't guarantee that the genre team will agree with the change. 
If you write only updates highly likely they will be accepted. In case of rewritten bio it's not so obvious.
halcyon76 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote halcyon76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2021 at 18:27
Hello, I'd like to add/amend some info to the artist Unlearn (I am the artist), as the site is slightly incorrect:

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5654

www.unlearnmusic.com

Biography:
Unlearn is the alias of James Key, ambient electronic musician, producer, and composer.
Musical style consists of melancholic melodies and ambient sounds combined with guitars, electronic experimentation, and post-rock architecture.

Occasionally performing with a live band under the same name, past members have included Emory Liu of Joy Wants Eternity and Greg Ferguson of Juno. Originating in Seattle, the artist now resides in San Francisco, California.

Links: (of associated acts)
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3992
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy_Wants_Eternity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_(band)

please let me know how to add photos and and album reviews as well ~ Thanks!

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 00:22
Hi, the Post/Math team (I'm one of them) can change the bio and add the pic. Post it here.
Adding reviews is easy: just go to the page of the album that you want to review. On the bottom of the page there's the form. Write and submit. That's all. The only requirement is that you login with your PA account.
If you mean adding reviews published on other sites, that's not possible.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
halcyon76 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halcyon76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2021 at 15:33
Thanks! adding pic here to include with the updated bio.

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 00:13
^ update done.
Bio and website are already visible. The picture takes time because of some technicalities related to a cache, but I have uploaded it.

I see that your albums miss some information like the lineup and the instrumentation. You can update them on your own or just post here and I can do it for you

Edited by octopus-4 - May 13 2021 at 00:15
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 06:12
^ He doesn't have permissions to update albums' info by himself. Only collabs, SCs, admins have.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 13 2021 at 06:13
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 10:05
I'm a collab since so many years that I thought it was allowed, but effectively one could upload whatever he wants.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 13:18
^ Yes, any registered member can add an album, but only collabs can edit albums.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2021 at 11:57
Here is an updated Karmamoi biography provided by founder Daniele Giovannoni, copied here 'as-is', directly from the document, though it will need some text formatting if it is agreed by the current biography writer TenYearsAfter (aka Erik Neuteboom) that his work can be modified.

Inspired by old and new progressive rock, drummer and composer Daniele Giovannoni created Karmamoi in 2008, giving life to a musical project that could express his concept of music. The band performed in many shows in Italy and Europe between 2008 and 2011, including the Jimi Festival in France and the Eurosonic Showcase Festival in the Netherlands. At the end of 2011, the band released its first album, simply called Karmamoi (Crisalide Music), which received phenomenal reviews around the world.

In 2012 the band released an acoustic EP called Entre Chien et Loup”. In late 2013 Odd Trip”, the second album of the band, came out and in 2014, Karmamoi performed in many shows in Europe promoting the album. They also performed at Borderline in London alongside Curved Air, and at Zanzibar in Liverpool alongside Lifesigns.

Their third album Silence Between Sounds” came out in October 2016, having taken over two years to release due to changes in band line-up. Produced by the esteemed Mark Tucker (Jethro Tull), Silence Between Sounds was critically acclaimed around the world, with some reviewers calling it one of the best progressive rock albums of 2016. Progsphere Magazine included Karmamoi in their list “One of 20 Best Italian Progressive Rock Bands”. In February 2017, Classic Rock Society Mag included “Plato’s Cave”, a song from Silence Between Sounds, in their progressive rock compilation “New Species 28”. The album also reached the second ranking with both Progwereld and Progstreaming.

In 2017 the band performed in Italy, the UK, and the Netherlands, and at Winter’s End Festival in the UK in April 2018.

In Autumn 2018, Karmamoi released their fourth studio album, The Day is Done”, a concept album dedicated to the Grenfell Tower disaster which happened in London in 2017, containing eight brand new songs recorded in May 2018 at The Arc Abbey Studio (UK) by Mark Tucker. The band has involved several special guests with this album, including Colin Edwin, bassist (Porcupine Tree) and Geoff Leigh, flautist and saxophonist (Steven Wilson, Ex-Wise Heads). Sara Rinaldi was also involved as vocalist. “The Day Is Done” received terrific reviews and it was been acclaimed by progressive rock fans, and many reviewers calling it one of the best progressive rock albums of 2018.  The band performed all over the Europe, and for the first time, Karmamoi performed in the USA at Rosfest” in May 2019. They have also been playing at  “Dan Fest 8″ (UK), ”Progressivamente Festival” and “Black Water Festival (Italy)”.

The Fifth studio album  ROOM 101”  will be released on May 28th 2021.

Composed between October 2019 and July 2020, recorded between Rome and London (August/October 2020) and produced by Daniele Giovannoni, the album is inspired by the novel of George Orwell1984. Once again, Karmamoi have involved some great guests such as the pianist Adam Holzman (Steven WilsonMiles Davies) and the violinist Steve Unruh (United Progressive Fraternity).

Karmamoi are:

Daniele Giovannoni (Drums, Keyboards and BV)

Allesandro Massari (Guitars)

Alessandro Cefalì (Bass)

The existing biography is pretty thorough as it is, so it might be a case of just merging some parts of Daniele's new bio into the existing one rather than replacing it completely.
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2022 at 15:12
Please update The Aaron Clift Experiment's photo and bio (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8311).

The correct photo is posted below (URL is: https://www.aaronclift.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/ACE-Promo-2022-LR-Band-001.jpg).  The bio should read as follows (from the band website):

The Aaron Clift Experiment is a dynamic progressive rock band based in Austin, Texas. The group's multi-faceted sound is an innovative blend of classic rock, modern rock, and classical all anchored by the band's dedication to high-quality songwriting and musicianship.

Formed in 2012 as the solo project of Aaron Clift, the band has since blossomed into a powerful live group enriched by the extensive musical background of its members. The soaring vocals of classically-trained singer and keyboardist, Aaron Clift, are grounded by the powerhouse guitar of Anthony Basini and rhythm section of Clif Warren (bass) and Pablo Ranlett-López (drums).

In the last few years, the band has carved out a significant worldwide following. Its last two albums, 2012's "Lonely Hills," and 2015's "Outer Light, Inner Darkness," were critically-acclaimed progressive rock achievements, landing on several year-end best album lists. In 2016, the band was nominated for a Limelight Award by Prog Magazine. In 2017, the band had a star-making performance at RosFest, one of the largest progressive rock festivals in the world.

The Aaron Clift Experiment continues to move its dynamic sound forward in its 2018 release, "If All Goes Wrong." The album contains the band's most diverse and electrifying music to date - songs full of enthralling melodies, masterful epics, and addictive pop hooks.

Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2022 at 18:01
^ Ok., done! Thumbs Up
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>