Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biographies Needing Attention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2022 at 18:01
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

^ Ok., done! Thumbs Up

Thank you!
halcyon76 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halcyon76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2022 at 15:28
Hi, 
Would like to add one addition to this bio, if relevant:

In 2015, Unlearn co-composed the score for the movie Mad Tigerwith Joy Wants Eternity, a documentary about Japanese punk band Peelander-Z.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8505841/

I'm not sure if you can add this to Unlearn's discography, but there is a link here as well:
https://open.spotify.com/album/7G6bidyRWmqmARP73bg6Rg?si=kjv0wBbiQSqvE-oSWb1FNA

Thanks!
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2022 at 18:08
^ You can add it by yourself to Unlearn page, as "Mad Tiger (OST, with Joy Wants Eternity)".
The album page on Discogs is here. As an artist, you probably have more info (first of all musicians involved and their instruments).
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2023 at 21:29
Please update The Aaron Clift Experiment's photo and bio (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8311).

The bio should read as follows (from the band website):

The Aaron Clift Experiment is a dynamic progressive rock band based in Austin, Texas.  The band’s multi-faceted sound blends influences from classic rock (Rush, Pink Floyd, King Crimson), modern rock (Porcupine Tree, Opeth), jazz, and classical – all anchored by a dedication to high-quality songwriting and musicianship.  Progradar has described the group as “one of the most impressive progressive acts currently on the scene.”

Formed in 2012 as the solo project of Aaron Clift, the band has since blossomed into a powerful live group enriched by the extensive musical background of its members. The soaring vocals of classically-trained singer and keyboardist, Aaron Clift, are grounded by the powerhouse guitar of Anthony Basini and rhythm section of Clif Warren (bass) and Pablo Ranlett-López (drums).

In the last few years, the band has carved out a significant worldwide following.  The Aaron Clift Experiment’s last album, 2018’s “If All Goes Wrong,” was a critically-acclaimed progressive rock achievement, landing on several year-end best album lists.  In 2017, the band had a star-making performance at RosFest, one of the largest progressive rock festivals in the world, and followed it up with an impressive outing at 2018 at Chicago’s Progtoberfest, and in 2019 with a hometown concert that was recorded for the band’s second live EP, “Live at One-2-One Bar.”

The Aaron Clift Experiment continues to move its dynamic sound forward in its latest release, “The Age of Misinformation” – a conceptual work about the destructive power of lies and the search for truth in the face of overwhelming odds.

Band founder, Aaron Clift, explains: “During the COVID lockdown of 2020 – 2021, my friends, colleagues, and country went through an incredibly challenging time, and I knew that I had to say something about it.  ‘The Age of Misinformation’ is The Aaron Clift Experiment’s document of that era.”

In addition to its lyrical ambition and emotional resonance, the album marks a high point for the band’s creativity – featuring everything from explosive, hard rocking songs, to gorgeous ballads, to multi-layered vocal writing that would make Queen blush!  Two songs explore symphonic music with a guest string quartet, and the album’s lead single, “Bet on Zero,” is an epic big band jazz/blues fusion collaboration with 7-piece Austin horn ensemble, Big Wy’s Brass Band.

Aaron notes: “For ‘The Age of Misinformation,’ we wanted to do more of everything: record music that was more intricate, more melodic, and more diverse than anything we had done before.  I’m really happy with how we pulled it off, but above all, I love how the album explores a concept that reflects the events of our current world.  There are songs all about frustration with the crazy state of politics, but there’s also a renewed sense of optimism in other songs – knowing that there’s always a light at the end of the cave.”
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2023 at 18:10
^ Just updated the bio, but which photo would you like me to use?  

Edited by Necrotica - January 07 2023 at 18:10
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2023 at 23:34
The photo currently there is fine.
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2023 at 23:46
Originally posted by aaroncliftmusic aaroncliftmusic wrote:

The photo currently there is fine.

Sounds good, thanks Smile

Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2023 at 02:40
For the record, I still have plans to revise the Mamaleek biography once I've take care of matters over at PSIKE.
"Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2023 at 02:45
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

For the record, I still have plans to revise the Mamaleek biography once I've take care of matters over at PSIKE.

I think there are a few bios that need serious revising more, The Contortionist comes to mind and I've seen a couple others. I'll look into it as soon as I can. 
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2023 at 17:47
Yeah, I'm planning on updating some of the bios as well. 

Just beefed up Darkher's bio today to reflect her new album that came out last year; however, I'm probably gonna edit it again at some point to remove some of the more... well, let's say "biased" portions of the Bandcamp descriptions LOL

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2023 at 10:10
Zeuhl

Quote Pronunciation: zEU(h)l, while the EU are like a French E with a slight U, and the (h) is a semi-silent letter which is an integrated part of the EU, totaling in a "syllable and a half".

This pronunciation guide can be improved by including the IPA transcription. B)
t͡sɔɪ̯l

Edited by Hrychu - May 27 2023 at 10:11
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2023 at 12:20
What is the best way to get a bio rewritten? I've long felt that the Neal Morse bio could do with a rewrite as it ends with his album One which was released about 20 years ago. He's done so much more since and the bio could reflect this without going into so much detail about individual albums. I'd be happy to do this but how would I go about getting it onto the site?
zero_z_hero View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zero_z_hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2023 at 05:33
Hi everyone!

Could anyone please update the bio and photo for the band I'm a member of — Aton Five (PA page link)? It's really outdated. Since we've just released an album it would be great to have the page representative of the band.

A new photo: Google drive link

Changing the band subgenre to either Heavy Prog or Progressive Metal would be especially great, since the new music is somewhere far from either space-rock or psychedelia.

A bio we'd like to see:
ATON FIVE is an instrumental prog rock band named after the protagonist of Piers Anthony's sci-fi novel "Chthon". They started in 2014 in Moscow, Russia. The band's credo is to avoid both the wanton reiteration of the past and the overindulgence in production while aspiring to say something new in the genre.

In 2015 Aton Five releases an EP called "Long Forgotten Tales". Getting noticed, the band plays as an opening act for Elder show in Moscow as well as some local festivals. This leads to musicians starting producing their first LP, releasing the studio live EP "Live at Mars" as a promo.

The "Solarstalgia" LP sees the light of day in 2018, being released by Mars Records (digital, November 2, 2018) and R.A.I.G. Records (CD, February 2018) labels. The album — space-rock-flavored with a coherent narrative
despite he lack of lyrics — was well met by the vintage rock lovers all over the world. That was especially true in Europe, where the genre enthusiasts have placed Aton Five on the same shelf as The Grand Astoria. The band goes on tour while gathering some inspiring reviews.

As soon as in 2020 the "Childhood's End" album is released on R.A.I.G. Records — a compilation of both rare tracks and live recordings. As the name implies, the band sees it as a farewell to space-rock, early days and creative youth; an entering into a new, mature musical era for the band.

In 2023, after 5 years of work and a lot of line-up changes, Aton Five has finally released the self-titled second album — in a new, finely tuned style. While the early works of the band are filled with '70s hard rock, psychdelic and space rock influences, the newest release is closer to a more "pure" definition of prog with noticeable tendency to metal.

The current line-up of the band is ALEXANDER SELEZNEV (guitar), MIKHAIL ZENKOV (bass), ROMAN MAKUSHEV (drums) and KIRILL FROLOV (keyboards).

Text's style and formatting were taken from the original bio written by a ProgArchives collaborator TenYearsAfter (sadly we had no luck contacting him). Feel free to edit it if it's needed.

Thank you very much in advance!
Alexander

Edited by zero_z_hero - May 30 2023 at 05:35
guitarist and leader of Aton Five
atonfive.bandcamp.com
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2023 at 04:57

LI'ED Progressive Metal • Israel

One sentence bio, needs a better biography. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2023 at 09:32
^ Who will write it?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2023 at 10:39
Originally posted by zero_z_hero zero_z_hero wrote:

Hi everyone!

Could anyone please update the bio and photo for the band I'm a member of — Aton Five (PA page link)? It's really outdated. Since we've just released an album it would be great to have the page representative of the band.
Thank you very much in advance!
Alexander

Alexander, please read my PM.

EDIT: Changed photo after your explanation, the rest - as we agreed in PMs.

Edited by NotAProghead - June 16 2023 at 11:17
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2023 at 10:52
Originally posted by AlanB AlanB wrote:

What is the best way to get a bio rewritten? I've long felt that the Neal Morse bio could do with a rewrite as it ends with his album One which was released about 20 years ago. He's done so much more since and the bio could reflect this without going into so much detail about individual albums. I'd be happy to do this but how would I go about getting it onto the site?

I think we can do the following way:
1. Post your version of the bio here (in this thead). It would be very helpful if you mark added and deleted lines of the existing bio (with color and strike-through fonts respectively).
2. We'll read it and, if necessary make some changes.
3. I'll send our (actually your) version to Symphonic Team. If they agree with the changes, we'll replace the artist bio with new version.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2023 at 18:08
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Who will write it?

Info about this band isn't easy to find on the Internet, which I suppose is why there is only a single sentence in the current bio.

However, from this post on facebook in October 2017 by the band leader Uri Mann, something much better could quite easily be put together. Google translation below:

"So a year and a week ago this happened - our album, The Mist Within, was released.
The most important and meaningful thing I created in my life, my greatest pride.

It features 9 pieces that are spread across 59 minutes of music. Some I started composing back in high school, somewhere in 2007, and some we've mastered in recent years. I kept constantly dealing with little things in texts, melodies, arrangements, until the recordings themselves and sometimes even after.

We tried to describe a kind of journey. The entrance into the fog, into the unknown, the hard and winding road in it, and the exit into the light at the end. Perhaps a bit like the process of twilight today, through night until the wounding dawn; or from the beginning of autumn, through the harsh winter and until the blooming spring at last.

From my point of view it is actually an internal journey, into our own hearts. Dealing with various difficulties such as trauma, death, false love, harmful urges, loneliness, and seeking help and support.
Musically speaking, it's a very diverse album. Maybe too diverse even. It's like it's a little difficult to find a thread that connects all the creations, colorfully. But I like this one. There are lots of tools, lots of styles, changes of atmosphere and more.

It opens with an A-Cappella section (which I originally composed as an exercise as part of my studies at the Academy of Music) that introduces Hadar's beautiful voice from the first second. Then we move on to a short instrumental overture, which briefly presents musical themes from the rest of the album.

Then we have the Summer Hunger, with our attempt to combine metal and flamenco; a section from the deadly blues/punk direction; the violent and dark Fist & Knife; the melancholy small letters; Luna and an evening of ducks with more jazzier and weirder tendencies, and finally the symphonic Destructive and Sand Flower - which are also the two most personal songs to me on the album.

Definitely a large variety and hard to digest - and even more so, difficult to produce. I would like to mention here Zvulun Alex from A.G. Studio who did an amazing job producing this album, taught us and guided us every step of the way, produced an amazing sound that did not embarrass the big studios of Sweden, London and New York, and managed to make every instrument and every instrument in this busy production sound.

Quite a few people helped us around working on this album. Semion Ositiansky and Omri Raveh in choir voices, Gadi Lederman , Gili Cohen , and Maria Liyubman on the blowout, Mary O Col in graphic design, and many more people that I just don't have room here to mention them personally...

This album was for over two years in production, and actually almost 10 years in the making - as most of his works, as stated, I started writing more during my high school studies.

Blood, sweat and tears were invested in it, literally - I sweated in exhausting singing recording sessions, I got cut while changing strings, and at a certain point towards the end I also had to cry in frustration.
I clearly remember how Alex and I sat for 3 days in a row (the last of which ended at 6am) to finish the mixing in time, that we'll be able to send the disc to print before the holidays.

But that's it, in the end we got through it all.
We released the album, and launched it in an amazing show in the submarine, which was perhaps one of the most amazing evenings I've ever had in my life.

I will never forget the love and the compliments I felt from the audience, this warm and amazing energy that filled every inch of my body during the performance, the adrenaline, the dopamine, serotonin...
And the most fun, is that I could share this wonderful feeling, with my amazing friends at Li'ed - Shai Toubol, Nadav Greenhut, שה Noam Barom Eliyahu, Isacco Kannay-Teperberg (aka Yitskhak Kannay), and also Hadar Flaxer who have been with us throughout the whole process. Love you guys!

And that’s it. Here we are a year (and a week) later, I still enjoy listening to this album with pride and a little smile, and eager to start working on the next album.
More on him, in the next dig..."

The album release show was held at Yellow Submarine in Jerusalem on Tuesday October 18th 2016.

According to vocalist Hadar Flaxer, a follow up album is in the pipeline, for which the band were looking to recruit a keyboardist very soon after the release of 'The Mist Within'. See her November 2016 post on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/414524105339964/posts/1017486975043671/.

This prospective follow up album is apparently to be called 'Dybbuk'. A Dybbuk is a disembodied human spirit in the Jewish folklore that, because of former sins, wanders restlessly until it finds a body of a living person to possess.

The intended album's story takes place in an ancient Jewish community. A lonely girl commits suicide. Due to that, she's banned from entering the afterlife. Her soul wanders upon the land until she possesses another girl. The host girl twitches in pain, drawing the intention of the Jewish community that eventually calls to the “Baal Shem”, a rabbi, to perform an exorcism. Alone and dehumanized, the host girl kills herself out of shame, which brings our story back to the beginning - an endless cycle of misery and tragedy.

The band are still active it seems, and from this seemingly associated website (which Hadar seems to have put together), they appear to have got a fair way with the follow up album too, since there is a stream of it on there complete with lyrics, but thus far no release has been forthcoming or even talked about - as strangely there is no mention of it on any of the facebook pages - that of Hadar, the band's official page, or the one of its leader, Uri Mann: https://lieddybbuk.com/.

Strange indeed...But not really a big deal as far as the writing of a better biography is concerned.
zero_z_hero View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zero_z_hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2023 at 08:13
Thank you!

Here's a new bio, updated according to our agreements:

ATON FIVE is an instrumental prog rock band named after the protagonist of Piers Anthony's sci-fi novel "Chthon" based in Moscow, Russia. The band was founded by ALEXANDER SELEZNEV (guitar) and MIKHAIL ZENKOV (bass) in 2014. They remain the core members as the band went through many keyboardist and drummer changes over the years.

The debut 2015 EP "Long Forgotten Tales" was a mixed-genre work with elements of prog, post-rock and stoner. It got the band noticed nevertheless, and Aton Five plays as an opening act for Elder show in Moscow as well as some local festivals. This leads to musicians starting producing their first LP.

The "Solarstalgia" album sees the light of day in 2018, being released by Mars Records and R.A.I.G. Records labels. It set the band on the path of space rock and heavy psychedelia and featured a coherent narrative despite the lack of lyrics. The album was well met by the vintage rock lovers all over the world. That was especially true in Europe, where the genre enthusiasts have placed Aton Five on the same shelf as The Grand Astoria. The band goes on tour while gathering some inspiring reviews.

While the band remained true to the spirit of the '70s, it was evident that Aton Five seeked to enrich it with the achievements of progressive music of the following decades, as well as some with some classical influences. This leads to the band largely abandoning the space-rock genre and wanting to reinvent itself as a more "pure" and original prog act. This transition was symbolized by the release of 2020's "Childhood's End" album — a compilation of both rare tracks and live recordings.

In 2023, 5 years since the first LP, Aton Five finally releases the self-titled second album. It features a new style that is meant to represent the band's maturity, and is closer to a more classical definition of prog with noticeable tendency to metal. The band also explores the classical musical form, which is mostly evident in the 22-minute "Lethe" that is central to the album. Aton Five's current credo is to avoid both the wanton reiteration of the past and the overindulgence in production, while aspiring to say something new in the genre.

guitarist and leader of Aton Five
atonfive.bandcamp.com
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2023 at 13:13
I think we can do the following way:
1. Post your version of the bio here (in this thead). It would be very helpful if you mark added and deleted lines of the existing bio (with color and strike-through fonts respectively).
2. We'll read it and, if necessary make some changes.
3. I'll send our (actually your) version to Symphonic Team. If they agree with the changes, we'll replace the artist bio with new version.

Thanks. Here's my rewritten biography, sorry I don't know how to do the strike-through thing but I've highlighted my added lines. Hope it's acceptable.

Neal Morse biography
Neal R. Morse - Born August 2, 1960 (Van Nuys, California, USA)

As a young musician, Neal's dream was like many others-to find success in the pop music world. But after years of struggling in the LA singer-songwriter scene, he realized that his dream would not materialize. Eschewing conventional wisdom, Neal took a courageous step: he about-faced and devoted himself to progressive rock, the music truly in his heart. The obscure and fiercely competitive genre held little chance of commercial success. Undaunted, he formed the quirkily-named 
SPOCK'S BEARD with his brother, Alan. They recorded The Light with what money they could scrape together. Against all odds, it was a breakout success, sending shockwaves through the small genre's community.

Over the next
7 years, Spock's Beard released 6 critically acclaimed CDs, ascending to the top of the "prog" world. Neal also released 2 CDs and 2 live albums with TRANSATLANTIC, the heralded prog "supergroup" comprised of the world's finest prog musicians. The proverbial wayward son, Neal had finally found the success he dreamed of. But something was missing. While on the outside Neal had it all; on the inside, something was missing. Morse came to realize that for him, embracing the Christian faith was the fulfillment of his spiritual quest. His walk was at once gradual and sudden-and like with so many, completely unexpected. As he continued, his path increasingly revealed more of what his heart had sought all along. Yet he also began to find his career growing at odds with his faith. The rising spiritual tension and increasing commercial success finally came to a head with the release of Snow (2002), Spock's Beard's (with Morse) magnum opus.and swan song.

The extraordinary 2-CD rock opera, composed by Morse, was widely acclaimed as the group's finest. But it was the end of the era: Neal made the agonizing decision to leave Spock's Beard. After also leaving Transatlantic, the transformation was complete. Despite having finally achieved the success he had long sought, Morse began all over again; musically, emotionally and spiritually.
While Spock’s Beard elected to continue without him, Transatlantic disbanded (though this would later turn out to be a hiatus). Neal then embarked upon the most ambitious musical project of his career. Entitled Testimony (2003), it chronicles his spiritual and musical journey in words and music. The 2 CD set (3 CDs for the Special Edition) spans over two hours as one continuous piece of music. It ranges in style from a full gospel choir to hard rock; from a symphony orchestra to contemporary pop. A deftly woven musical tapestry, the album takes the listener on a fascinating journey as unique as the man behind it.

Artistically, Testimony was a remarkable solo achievement, with Neal not only writing, arranging and producing; but singing the lead vocals and performing most of the instruments. Recognized as a virtuoso multi-instrumentalist, he is endorsed as a guitarist, keyboardist and singer (Yamaha, Gibson, Rode Microphones, and others).
Neal invited Mike Portnoy, with whom he had played in Transatlantic, to play drums and this was the beginning of a close friendship and musical collaboration which has endured to the present day. For his next solo album, entitled One, Neal added bassist Randy George to the line up, and Morse, Portnoy and George have formed the nucleus of Morse’s progressive rock albums ever since. Neal has been prolific in releasing solo albums since then, all based on his Christian beliefs yet somehow popular with those who don’t share those views. Most have been concept albums, covering such subjects as his journey to faith (Testimony and Testimony 2), the Reformation (Sola Scriptura), the temple of God (?) and even a rock opera based on the life and passion of Christ.

In 2012 Neal decided to expand his regular band and held auditions via Youtube. As a result guitarist Eric Gillette and keyboardist Bill Hubauer were added to the permanent line up and the project was relaunched as The Neal Morse Band (subsequently abbreviated to NMB). This was more of a band project, with the new members contributing to writing as well as sharing lead vocals with Neal.

As well as his solo prog albums and those with NMB, Neal has also released several singer-songwriter albums, a series of worship albums, and three albums of covers under the Morse Portnoy George name. Transatlantic was resurrected as a side project in 2009 with the highly acclaimed “Whirlwind” album, and in 2012 Morse and Portnoy joined with Steve Morse and Dave LaRue of the Dixie Dregs, plus vocalist Casey MacPherson, to form Flying Colors. He also joined with Nick D’Virgilio (Spock’s Beard, Big Big Train) and Ross Jennings (Haken) in 2022 to form an acoustic trio. Last but not least, Morse was once part of the Beatles tribute band Yellow Matter Custard.

Neal Morse remains one of the most prolific progressive rock artists around today.

Edited by AlanB - June 17 2023 at 13:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>