Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho are you (in terms of food) ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: In what categorry do you place yourself ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
29 [100.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 21:50
Originally posted by Flyingsod Flyingsod wrote:

Why do you want to know if we are vegan or vegetarian? I mean there are a myriad of reason to choose those paths so simply knowing if someone is on that path doesn't tell you much imo. I didn't vote as there was no option for me btw.

It was just a general poll I was doing. But, I should had got more choices.
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 22:07
Originally posted by geneyesontle geneyesontle wrote:

Originally posted by Flyingsod Flyingsod wrote:

Why do you want to know if we are vegan or vegetarian? I mean there are a myriad of reason to choose those paths so simply knowing if someone is on that path doesn't tell you much imo. I didn't vote as there was no option for me btw.

It was just a general poll I was doing. But, I should had got more choices.

It's people just nitpicking, don't worry about it. 
Flyingsod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 20:59
Asking questions is a form of engagement, not nit picking.

This space intentionally left blank

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 14:46

From Swami Beyondananda's Spontaneous Evolution Quotien (EQ Test)

2. DIET

a.  I am a breatharian.  Surei, I can't break bread with friends ... but I can still break wind.
    b.  I exist on a legume-based vegan diet, and my karma runs on methane.
    c.  I'm on a transitional vegetarian diet.  I only eat animals that are vegetarians.
    d.  I'm a humanitarian.  I eat people.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Ancient Tree View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 15:06

I'm a proud vegetarian,for more than 2 years now Clap 

feels so good man Big smile

also this is why im a member of peta

Why you should go vegetarian:

I'm vegetarian for my health

And to try something new! For me, meat is good tasting but bad for you.
—Guest rob

Buff

I agree with Mike, I have lost forty pounds eating healthy and trying to follow a portion controlled vegetarian diet. I feel tremendous!
—Guest Buff

Vegan-Vegetarian?

To be honest i didnt start doing this for the animals (but of course its a contributing factor) I started to feel healthier and I've been going strong for 5 months now in fact the smell of meat makes me feel physically sick and I would like to try being a vegan over the summer.
—Guest Emma

Meat is murder

I became vegan because I don't see why humans put them selves on the top of everything. Animals have rights too ... and I don't get the idea that we are better than animals so we can eat them. It's not right.
—Guest rania

Why would I not go vegetarian?

Health reasons, ethical reasons, humanitarian reasons, ecological reasons... Why not go veg? I have a lower risk of most types of cancers. The chances of me getting hypertension is very slim compared to meat eaters. Chances of obesity are lowed, and my life expectancy increases. It is better for the enviroment because the meat industry is one of the leading causes of the greenhouse effect. The factories pollute land, and well as destroy it for selfish purposes. Because every step in the food pyramid steals 90% of energy, each step up has less energy to give. Plants give far more energy than animals. That is why there would be more food left if everyone went veg, partially solving World Hunger. But the biggest reason is that I am disgusted by eating meat. Meat is not delicious to me, it is the equivalent of eating a corpse; which it is. Humans are not savages, so why do we do savage practices? Eating meat is not our right, so why do humans do it? Lack of willpower and selfishness.
—Guest Bjorn

Vegan is good.

I am vegan because it has helped me get in the best shape of my life and my energy levels are insanely high. It is a very healthy alternative. The only reason I am vegan is because it is not easy to get organic meat. The problem is that meat is usually not organic. I do not agree with animals being fed garbage and slaughtered.
—Guest Mike

For the Animals!

I know that eating a plant-based diet will improve my health, but that is not the reason I'm doing it. I am going veg for the animals, the billions who suffer and die annually to provide food for humans. It is deplorable, and I plan to never eat the flesh of another sentient being again!
—kholtcoleman

Because…

I'm vegetarian because I care. I care about animals, health, well being, and the environment. I've only been vegetarian for 4-5 wks and I'm doing fine. In fact I'm feeling better. But I'm running out of vegetarian recipes. My Mum has bought me vegetarian sausages, burger patties, etc. etc. etc. Can anyone help me??? Thanks Sarah
—Guest Sarah (12yrs)

Pets

I make no distinction between my dog, whom i love so much, and a cow or chicken. Its the same thing.
—Guest Sebastian

Because animals are not ours to eat.

I became a Vegan because I understand that animals are sentient beings and we have no right to torture and kill them for our gain especially now that we know that we have a choice. It is much better for the animals, for our bodies and the planet. It just simply doesn't make sense to waste such precious lives for nothing, it is nothing but senseless murder.
—Guest RBliss

For ethical reasons, & healthier for it!

I love being vegan because I have so much energy and I feel better knowing that no innocent animals suffered for my meal. I feel an overall balance of mind, body, and soul because my actions reflect my beliefs. There are so many options in grocery stores now that it's so easy! Lots of great mock meats, dairy free milks, ice creams, and cheeses. For every nutrient you can receive from an animal source, there is a healthier plant based equivalent! Eat Kind. Be Strong. www.MeatFreeAthlete.com
—Guest Anne-Marie Campbell

Simple Ethics

We evolved as omnivores yet today, with factory farms, we are eating far too much meat; besides which it is no longer natural but packed with artificial chemicals and steroids to enhance growth, make it tastier. The single biggest reason I am vegetarian is seeing the plight of the animals on these farms, crammed into cages, fed grain often with ground up animal waste from the slaughter houses. The inhumane methods used to transport and slaughter these poor animals. And then what I mentioned earlier about the chemicals and steroids. Since becoming a vegetarian I am not only healthier with more energy, I also find that my endurance in sport has increased. I ask all my friends when they come to dinner to give vegetarianism a chance, and most enjoy it.
—Guest Douglas Anderson

It makes sense

After doing the research, from a biological standpoint, this choice is the one that is based on logic...not fads, not miracle cures, and not some guru out to make a million. Sceintists and doctors have put in the hours and done the research to show that the human body functions better on a strictly plant-based diet. I am transistioning into this lifestyle because I want to be healthy enough to play with my daughters and be in good enough health to do so many things I can't now.
—Guest Milena

Meatless isn't so bad!

I have been trying to stop eating meat, I have asked my friend to stop eating meat with me from Sunday to Sunday and she couldn't and I didn't until, one day I suggested the no meat from Sunday to Sunday to another kool friend and she did it without us and after she told me, I have been meatless for 15 days and counting! I don't crave it or want it, every time I see it I think about animals raw, bloody, skinless and wonder how long had they been dead before I bought it to eat. I will never know and neither will anyone else! I plan to remove dairy as well.
—Guest Lisanicole

Food Inc Documentary

I saw a documentary about 3 weeks ago called food inc it was all about how we treat animals and how they are mass produced. It was absolutely horrific, the huge farms of chickens that were walking around in the dark (some just dying) and too heavy to walk. The part that really got me was a cow that was on its side and 3 men were stood around it and one in a forklift pushing the cow and rolling it over and it was so cruel - we have no right to treat animals this way. Its not farming like it used to be - its murder. I know I cant change the world but atleast my decision to be a vegetarian means I am not a part of this cruelty.

Edited by Ancient Tree - June 19 2012 at 15:08
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 15:09
Luckily anyone can buy organic or free range eggs.

Edit. We don't need the propaganda.Disapprove

Edited by Snow Dog - June 19 2012 at 15:11
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 15:21
Neither am I a vegetarian, nor am I vegan, nor do I eat everything. Dry fruit? Can't stand those things. Brussels sprouts? Goo-oo! Pinch

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 19 2012 at 15:23
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 15:58
Man, I love my plants - they're so pretty and they smell nice ... I feed and water them and care for them... how could anyone be so cruel and eat plants Cry
What?
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 16:02
I eat anything except marzipan
Help me I'm falling!
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 16:02
Oh, and heart, I can't eat heart
Help me I'm falling!
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 16:04
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Man, I love my plants - they're so pretty and they smell nice ... I feed and water them and care for them... how could anyone be so cruel and eat plants Cry

I can. I tear up leaves and cover them with oil and vinegar(sometimes lemon) and then I  just fork it down!!! Grrrrr!
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 16:05
Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

Oh, and heart, I can't eat heart

So why did you steal mine?Broken Heart
geneyesontle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 16:22

I don't eat everything but I'm not a vegan or vegetarian either.

We are all omnivores, not eating meat is a lifestyle choice not a biological classification or a natural diet.

Yes, we are all omnivores. But, some like Paul McCartney of Thom Yorke are Vegans or Vegetarians.
I'm not denying that either. I simply dislike the "tone" of the poll options.

I am an omnivore but I do not "eat everything" - McCartney and Yorke are vegans or vegetarians but they are not herbivores.

Okay, maybe my poll didn't had much options. But the goal of this poll is that I wanna know if you're vegan or vegetarians.
Just search and ye shall find: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72634&PID=3916221#3916221 

Okay Dean, Close this Poll. Vote on the other one.
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123