Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really like your review !!
    Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:16
How nice is it to get a positive feedback or a thank you from someone who really liked your review?

I used to PM members i liked their reviews but i think a thread is certainly appropriate. So if you were introduced to a band or found a review that was useful or informative or wanted more details or just wanted to say thanks, this is the place.

I'll start by saying thanks to Guldbamsen! Clap David you did it again! As i have already PMed you before about Cornucopia, i have to say i had a copy of Plat Du Jour's sole album but never listened to it (Don't know why) but after reading your review, i was intrigued! Half way through the damn thing, i knew already this was a keeper. Spectacular stuff really, and i can understand the 5 stars rating, very strong release.

So thanks again...

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:21
^ Fantastic appreciation Sagi, and David-Bamsen is a great reviewer indeed. 
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:28
^ Young Guldbamsen, despite the onerous and frankly crippling handicap of being born within the transparently gerrymandered borders of what passes for Denmark and in all likelihood being a blood relative of the reviled Nicklas Bendtner, is one of the most talented reviewers on the site, no contestThumbs Up.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:29
It seems that sometimes when one sends a PM through the link on the front page, the recipient doesn't get it until months later.  Confused
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:44
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=627079
DRUMS BETWEEN THE BELLS
It made me very interested, I im a huge ENO fan (Ouch what a nasty word, but what shamacall it) 
But i was very bored with the previus album Small Craft on a Milk Sea, so i needed this verbal kick, to get the album.
I have no regrets, just love it.

How can yo not be interested, after reading this supreeme conclution on a review :
"this is a (hopefully) higher caliber preview of what popular music will be evolving toward over the next fifty years: fractured, antiseptic, autotuned to ubiquitous excess, and every track brief enough to accommodate our computer-damaged attention spans. No one ever accused Brian Eno of not thinking forward."

Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:48
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

It seems that sometimes when one sends a PM through the link on the front page, the recipient doesn't get it until months later.  Confused
That happened to me recently.  Poor guy thought I was ignoring him. Unhappy
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:52
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

That happened to me recently.  Poor guy thought I was ignoring him. Unhappy

Tread title is

I really like your review !!

we have other sections to complaint about tech problems.

Edited by tamijo - June 22 2012 at 07:53
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:54
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

^ Young Guldbamsen, despite the onerous and frankly crippling handicap of being born within the transparently gerrymandered borders of what passes for Denmark and in all likelihood being a blood relative of the reviled Nicklas Bendtner, is one of the most talented reviewers on the site, no contestThumbs Up.

Hey guys don't flatter him to much, he'll start charging!! Wink
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 11:01
Excellent idea for a thread, several reviewers spring to mind, I'll try come back tomorrow with the specific thoughts
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 12:54
I've always enjoyed both receiving and sending PM's re reviews. It is nice to have one appreciated, and to express appreciation of others. It is one of the things that makes this site so special.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 13:26
Gudly's reviews are awesome. I always read what he has to say and I feel like a better person for doing so.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 13:49
I like Philippe's reviews. I like the way he describes albums with poignant brevity.  His reviews sometimes take me on a trip.  The way he talks about the sound, the musical approach, the textures and mood, and the way he relates his experience with the music speaks to me.

I don't often discover music due to PA's database, but sometimes when I find an album that excites me, I check to see if it's in PA's database.  Well often the act is, and quite often he has reviewed that album that is fresh to me (especially if it's been Krautock, Electronic, and Indo Prog/ Raga Rock, or generally cosmic music).  For instance, I remember having just listened to Sergius Golowin's Lord Krishna von Goloka for the first time, and checking PA to see if it was listed, and finding Philippe's enthusiastic review of it.

Edited by Logan - June 22 2012 at 13:50
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:22
I too enjoy Phillipe's reviews and they were kind of my inspiration to start reviewing. His descriptions are always spot on.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:25
The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, Guldbamsen, Octopus 4, neu!mann, Slartibartfast, Warthur, saltyjohn, Eetu Pellonpa, Rivertree and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews.

I've got all you guys review/ratings pages favorited, to see of you've wirtten a new review.Clap  Theres also plenty of other good reviewers, that I don't follow really, cause they don't review stuff that generally gets me all excited. But for the most part I think the people at PA are good reviewers. Better than any review I've seen on Itunes.Dead

Edited by Sheavy - June 22 2012 at 14:35
Anthony H. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:32
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews

Thank you including me on that list of fine reviewers!

I also want to heap some more praise on David - I am always interested in what he writes.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 18:39
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, Guldbamsen, Octopus 4, neu!mann, Slartibartfast, Warthur, saltyjohn, Eetu Pellonpa, Rivertree and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews.

I've got all you guys review/ratings pages favorited, to see of you've wirtten a new review.Clap  Theres also plenty of other good reviewers, that I don't follow really, cause they don't review stuff that generally gets me all excited. But for the most part I think the people at PA are good reviewers. Better than any review I've seen on Itunes.Dead

<(^o^)> thx brah for including me. Everyone else on your list are great reviewers who I also pay attention to. Your reviews are also done very well; perfect length and quite informative.

The reviewers on iTunes are generally pretty bad, yeah.

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 18:53
inb4 nobody in the thread mentions me because I haven't reviewd anythingh in a million years.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 18:56
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

inb4 nobody in the thread mentions me because I haven't reviewd anythingh in a million years.

Your reviews are very far apart from each other and I almost never see one on the front page, but I get really excited when I see your reviews when I'm surfing through PA's database randomly because <3
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 20:19
I reviewed something recently :O
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 21:17
Originally posted by colorofmoney91 colorofmoney91 wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Your reviews are very far apart from each other and I almost never see one on the front page, but I get really excited when I see your reviews when I'm surfing through PA's database randomly because <3

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

I reviewed something recently :O

I was really surprised when I found out that you have short reviews of DT albums. LOL

Edited by CCVP - June 22 2012 at 21:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>