Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 61>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2013 at 04:32
Originally posted by kev rowland kev rowland wrote:

Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Thumbs Up to John (Mellotron Storm)

I'm glad to see a favorable review of The Box - All The Time, All The Time, All The Time.
Great review man, I enjoyed reading the first part about tszirmay.
What a beautiful album this is!! And how amazingly beautiful is its beginning, I think I played those 2 first minutes repeatedly about a thousand times.

And also another intriguing review by kev rowland of Moraine. I really like his reviews and feel we have a lot in common. He contributes a lot of reviews and it's a shame he is not participating here in the forum.

Sagi - I have just come across this, and would like to thank you for your very kind comments. You have noticed that I don't spend much time in the forums, which is mostly because when I have chance to spend time writing about music I tend to work on reviews. They are always my main focus as I feel obligated to bands and record labels to write about the albums they have sent me as soon as I can. I don't seem to be able to get the lead time down from six weeks from receipt to review no matter how hard I work at it, but it won't stop me from trying. I am also a special collaborator at metalmusicarchives, so if I'm not writing about prog here I am writing or working on the MMA site, as well as writing on jazz and other things. But, I am determined to try to get more involved in the forums... Honest... Beer

One album I got because of your recommendation was Druckfarben. Superbbbbb!!!!!!!
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 13:04
Damo!! Your review of Deus Nuvem was really great and made me really interested in the album and frankly now I'm really enjoying it! They have an incredibly unique sound :D

recommended to everyone btw this is really great stuff
There be dragons
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 15:08
^I second this!! Nice one Ori.
Nobody writes like Keishiro - and I mean that in the most complimentary way. He captures the music in a manner that you just can't do, if you speak English like Michael Caine.

Here's one for you my Japanese friend:
One of my fave whiskeys - and I know how much you like your drinkBig smile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 01:02
^ I'm happy you found the charms of Haikara's debut album, based on your latest review! Smile Should sometimes try to take a hit from their second, which I remember sounded little oppressing due visiting lady singer staying firmly out of tune, but maybe I could enjoy it now.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 09:04
^ Actually I really like Geafar, I agree it's not consistent as the debut with 2 songs that seems a little out of place but nevertheless great. I don't recall the female vocals being out of tune at all, infact my favorite part of the album is her gentle singing on the second track, amazing really.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 10:36
Where's the "I really hate your review !!" thread? 
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 00:29
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Actually I really like Geafar, I agree it's not consistent as the debut with 2 songs that seems a little out of place but nevertheless great. I don't recall the female vocals being out of tune at all, infact my favorite part of the album is her gentle singing on the second track, amazing really.

Thank you for challenging my memories of the past concerning this album - verified some of the tracks from youtuba, and admit I have heard worse vocal performances since the two decades of my teenage encounter with this record. Have to fetch it from the local library. Geafar was also reissued on vinyl some time ago, so could invest to that if I get further convinced.

Found a fun picture scanned from the back cover of the musicians, which I hope will lead the thread back to adoration of the reviews written to this site. Smile

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 18:40
Nice review from Mr. Guldbamsen on Afreaka! an album he recommended to me some time ago. I guess that's why I thought he already reviewed it. Zing!
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 03:02
Hey, I wasn't aware of this Topic. Every once in a while I receive a nice PM with 'you review was great' and I very often send them too, from now on I'll also let the rest of the forum members know about it here Smile

And it's certainly nice when your review makes people buy CDs and make people listen to new music. It feels like someone really read it and you're helping the bands. Which on most of the cases, the review is all about. I review to my website and to PA because I love Prog and I like to help bands. So when someone tells me that they bought the cd because of one of reviews (like a PM I got because of my Soma White review: 
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=979959).

Thumbs up for us that believe that a good review still can make you interested in music Clap
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 03:40
Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

Where's the "I really hate your review !!" thread? 
I really hate the "Where is your review?" thread!!

Edited by Dean - September 29 2013 at 03:42
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 04:37
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Nice review from Mr. Guldbamsen on Afreaka! an album he recommended to me some time ago. I guess that's why I thought he already reviewed it. Zing!

ZING! indeedyBig smile
Thank you John. I'm pretty sore this mornig from all the funky dance moves yesterday. Gettin jiggy with it should never have been a sentence used to highlight a Will Smith tune. Obviously meant for these guysCool
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 17:09
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

Hey, I wasn't aware of this Topic. Every once in a while I receive a nice PM with 'you review was great' and I very often send them too, from now on I'll also let the rest of the forum members know about it here Smile

And it's certainly nice when your review makes people buy CDs and make people listen to new music. It feels like someone really read it and you're helping the bands. Which on most of the cases, the review is all about. I review to my website and to PA because I love Prog and I like to help bands. So when someone tells me that they bought the cd because of one of reviews (like a PM I got because of my Soma White review: 

Thumbs up for us that believe that a good review still can make you interested in music Clap

It is a great feeling.  Also, I enjoy your reviews, buddy!
theprogmind.com
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 02:57
Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome Second Life Syndrome wrote:

Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

It is a great feeling.  Also, I enjoy your reviews, buddy!

Same here Jason, I always stop and pay attention when it's one of your reviews Clap

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 18:00
Sagi you wrote three reviews of late that really had my attention. That RHUN album which I recently got but haven't listened to yet, but the samples were amazing.  ANAMORPHOSE which you brought to my attention a few weeks ago and PUPPENHAUS which Pierre had recently in one of his polls and it went on my "to get" list after hearing a sample.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 19:30
Really enjoyed Second Life Syndrome's Anathema review of their DVD Universal. Man i'm not a big DVD guy but i'm such a huge fan of this band I need to get this, and the review certainly convinced me of this.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 21:57
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Really enjoyed Second Life Syndrome's Anathema review of their DVD Universal. Man i'm not a big DVD guy but i'm such a huge fan of this band I need to get this, and the review certainly convinced me of this.

Thanks a bunch!  The band sent me a copy, but I may still buy the blu ray version just to witness the magic in HD Smile
theprogmind.com
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 23:23
I really liked Stefro's PFM `Storia Di Un Minuto' review! I think it especially stood out because I've been giving both their first two albums a lot of spins lately!

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1073587

Also, Tszirmay reminded me I need to get around to writing my review of that latest Nicholodean album, and everyone who's contributed one are helping me get my head around that work!

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1073542
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 02:46
Great review to the nre Museo Rosenbach's Barbarica!

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1073053

Clap

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2013 at 19:55
It's been a while since a review has interested me enough to actually check out that band.

Second Life Syndrome's new review of "7" caught my attention, and liked what i read about the sax, violin, and awesome rhythm section - so i checked it out. From the album trailer it doesnt seem bad, so i thank him. Unfortunately i can't find any other streaming/songs. 

Review is perfect length, descriptive and touches on all parts of the music in an understanding manner. It has a heavier neo feel to it, not sure which band i could compare to because i'm typically not a fan at all of that kind (or any) of neo prog. 

Fab job.

Edited by Horizons - November 21 2013 at 19:56
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2013 at 23:07
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

It's been a while since a review has interested me enough to actually check out that band.

Second Life Syndrome's new review of "7" caught my attention, and liked what i read about the sax, violin, and awesome rhythm section - so i checked it out. From the album trailer it doesnt seem bad, so i thank him. Unfortunately i can't find any other streaming/songs. 

Review is perfect length, descriptive and touches on all parts of the music in an understanding manner. It has a heavier neo feel to it, not sure which band i could compare to because i'm typically not a fan at all of that kind (or any) of neo prog. 

Fab job.

Thanks!  That means a lot!  The album JUST released, so there isn't much online yet.  There is this somewhat cheaply made video of the first track, though:

Edited by Second Life Syndrome - November 21 2013 at 23:15
theprogmind.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 61>