Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 61>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 10:05
Hey John just caught your Aquaserge review! What a great album ha? I had the album for a few months now but didn't have the chance to listen to it before 2014 ended, that way it would surely be on my top 10 list.

I've been listening to it a lot lately and it's never enough! what a great mix of styles! So kudos to you for bringing it up, I wish I had the time to write reviews...

Clap Clap Clap
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 16:22
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Hey John just caught your Aquaserge review! What a great album ha? I had the album for a few months now but didn't have the chance to listen to it before 2014 ended, that way it would surely be on my top 10 list.

I've been listening to it a lot lately and it's never enough! what a great mix of styles! So kudos to you for bringing it up, I wish I had the time to write reviews...

Clap Clap Clap

Thankyou Sagi, I would have had it in my top ten as well but like you I tend to collect music and I just don't always get to it right away. Puppenhaus is an example but right now I want to cleanup all my 2013 and 2014 albums for review then get back to the older stuff. Just not enough time... thanks again man and I hope some others check this album out 'cause it's really good.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 20:02
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Really nice review from Doug(Presdoug) on that Le Orme album, that is one beautiful recording.
Thanks a lot, John.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 22:03
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Really nice review from Doug(Presdoug) on that Le Orme album, that is one beautiful recording.
Thanks a lot, John.

Your welcome Doug, I enjoyed that.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2015 at 18:46
I'd like to bring more praise for TCat.

Gave 5* reviews to two albums that are pretty difficult to explain well. 
He does a wonderful job and I hope he continues the great work. 

^ Frances the Mute

^ Frames 
"There is never a lack of complexity, excellent dynamism, originality, challenging and genre stretching progressive rock in their music and I continue to recommend this band highly."

Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 05:05
Outstanding reviews, both of themClap! Frances the Mute was one of the earliest reviews I wrote for PA, and my first of an album that was not from the Seventies. Now, however, with ten years of experience as a reviewer under my belt, I would probably approach the album differently.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2015 at 12:35
A couple lately.

Thomas (Tzirmay) for his review of Dave Bainbridge's Celestial Fire.
Really liked how positive and enthusiastic the writing was for this album. Touched upon some important historical points with in Bainbridge's music cAreer as well which nicely set the tone.   
Personal note*** Glad you discovered Damian Wilson's incredible vocals Thomas!

Aussie-Byrd-Brother (Michael) for Pendragon's: The Man Who Climbed mountains.
Love the point about how the album is "deadly Serious" and how Michal explained that Barrett chooses some vocal or lyrical patterns that may be a bit advanced for his range. I have to agree. ;)
3/5 I felt was a very accurate rating as well.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 17:06
Awesome review of Gentle Giant's 'Free Hand' TCat! One of my favorite albums of all time. Clap
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 17:44
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

A couple lately.

Really liked how positive and enthusiastic the writing was for this album. Touched upon some important historical points with in Bainbridge's music cAreer as well which nicely set the tone.   

Love the point about how the album is "deadly Serious" and how Michal explained that Barrett chooses some vocal or lyrical patterns that may be a bit advanced for his range. I have to agree. ;)

I also very much enjoyed these two reviews, even though I clearly enjoyed the Pendragon album more than Michael, he explained his thoughts and rating extremely clearly and extremely well.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2015 at 19:20
Great to see that Nice Beaver has a new album out and Rivertree just reviewed it so thanks Uwe!  I really liked their earlier stuff and had no idea they would be back in 2015.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2015 at 17:32

Great to see that Nice Beaver has a new album out and Rivertree just reviewed it so thanks Uwe!  I really liked their earlier stuff and had no idea they would be back in 2015.

Oh yeah, I was surprised too, John. And an excellent return of this band on top of it!

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2015 at 17:35
Already ordered that one! Cant wait. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 04:57
Kudos to Michael aka Aussie-Byrd-Brother for his outstanding review of Spoke of Shadows' debut album. I will make sure to let the band know about the good impression they have made here on PA. And a shout out also to John aka Mellotron Storm for his reviews of Necromonkey's debut and Ut Gret's spectacular Ancestor's Tale (my # 1 album for 2014). Thank you for all you do on behalf of modern prog! The dedication that all these people put into making music deserves recognition.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 07:51
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Kudos to Michael aka Aussie-Byrd-Brother for his outstanding review of Spoke of Shadows' debut album. I will make sure to let the band know about the good impression they have made here on PA. And a shout out also to John aka Mellotron Storm for his reviews of Necromonkey's debut and Ut Gret's spectacular Ancestor's Tale (my # 1 album for 2014). Thank you for all you do on behalf of modern prog! The dedication that all these people put into making music deserves recognition.

Exactly the reviews I wanted to mention!
Ancestors Tale has grown on me so much lately that I would probably rate it as my number 1 album from last year and not as number 9 as I did . 5 stars album.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 11:05
Thank you guys for the kind mentions, really means a lot. I'm not too...mentally well these days at the moment, so I'm a bit scatter-brained and second-guessing myself with some of those current reviews.

Sagi, I'd had that `Spoke of Shadows' CD for months, and every time I looked over my collection and noticed it, I kept thinking `Dammit, Sagi loves this one, so give it the listens it deserves!'

I'd also like to point out several of Thomas's last few (Steven's both Wilson and Rothery especially!), as well as a good run from Flucktrot (I loved his Neal Morse `Grand Experiment' review, agreed with heaps of it), and the always reliable Apostolis, who's shorter, more concise words encourage me to remember I don't always need to write bible-length epics!

Oh, and mad props to Nick (Progbethyname)'s Devon Townsend review for throwing in a reference to `ludicrous speed', glad I'm not the only one who still remembers `Spaceballs' fondly! Keep firing, a$$holes!
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 17:25
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Thank you guys for the kind mentions, really means a lot. I'm not too...mentally well these days at the moment, so I'm a bit scatter-brained and second-guessing myself with some of those current reviews.

Sagi, I'd had that `Spoke of Shadows' CD for months, and every time I looked over my collection and noticed it, I kept thinking `Dammit, Sagi loves this one, so give it the listens it deserves!'

I'd also like to point out several of Thomas's last few (Steven's both Wilson and Rothery especially!), as well as a good run from Flucktrot (I loved his Neal Morse `Grand Experiment' review, agreed with heaps of it), and the always reliable Apostolis, who's shorter, more concise words encourage me to remember I don't always need to write bible-length epics!

Oh, and mad props to Nick (Progbethyname)'s Devon Townsend review for throwing in a reference to `ludicrous speed', glad I'm not the only one who still remembers `Spaceballs' fondly! Keep firing, a$$holes!

I guess every style of reviewing has a meaning Michael , mine being to expand as much music as possible with accurate descriptions, yours being a trully detailed story of what's going on...In other words I am Mr. ''Hocus Pocus'' and you're Mr. ''A plague of lighthouse keepers''!!!Different styles, same majesty!!!Wink

Great writing on the last (but not least) by Tangent by the way, really forces one to get a but deeper into it, me including!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 23:30
Great review of Primus's 'Frizzle Fry' TCat! Clap

It's nice to finally see a Primus album on the site with over 4 stars. Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2015 at 13:07
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Yes! It really does chug...the z2 album I mean. Figure I'd throw in an odd intergalactic reference to sum up the overall characterization of that album. My review? Well, I think it was more of a positive statement than anything else. However, thanks buddy. Your great reviews are motivating me to write my praises for unbelievably great music.

Guess I shall keep firing a****le! Haha! ;)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2015 at 13:14
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

A couple lately.

I also very much enjoyed these two reviews, even though I clearly enjoyed the Pendragon album more than Michael, he explained his thoughts and rating extremely clearly and extremely well.

Steve. Just want you know I am getting a lot out of the latest Pendragon album. It is not weak, but certainly not Barrett's strongest work I feel. Mainly though, you were absolutely right on your review about how sone of the guitar passages/solos are that of, absolutely sublime.
Faces of light and In Bardo fit your description for me tenfold, sir! ;)
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 02:10
Originally posted by Pastmaster Pastmaster wrote:

Great review of Primus's 'Frizzle Fry' TCat! Clap

It's nice to finally see a Primus album on the site with over 4 stars. Big smile
Indeed! I was so glad someone gave it 5 stars , I knew I wasn't alone Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 61>