Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 61>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 01:54
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Wow, my condolences to Mellotron John, Kenneth, Steve, Hypnotoad and others and their sterling recent efforts currently on the front page being bumped around by a bunch of dogsh*t Metallica `reviews'

I am no fan of Metallica's inclusion, but those three reviews are nothing more than indictment of fans of the band and those that decided they should be included. They are quite delete worthy.

Edited by Tapfret - December 17 2017 at 01:55
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 02:29
^ The guy also doesn't approve of “Smurf music”, apparently. Better keep him away from Samla Mammas Manna!
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 02:31
And his ignorant anti-snail's dismissal and not giving them their probs for their well-known and long recognised musical sense is offensive in the extreme...
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 02:43
I Googled "modfok" (which we all are in the eyes of death metallers, apparently) and came back with this.

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 08:20

And his ignorant anti-snail's dismissal and not giving them their probs for their well-known and long recognised musical sense is offensive in the extreme...

^ omg Michael. I totally agree. There is a strong difference between being insightfully critical and being hyperbolically negative. I hate Poito guy's reviews. They are so cheap on creative insight and I find them to be flat out verbal sewage that permeates mediocrity.

My condolences as well.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 08:25
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Wow, my condolences to Mellotron John, Kenneth, Steve, Hypnotoad and others and their sterling recent efforts currently on the front page being bumped around by a bunch of dogsh*t Metallica `reviews'

I am no fan of Metallica's inclusion, but those three reviews are nothing more than indictment of fans of the band and those that decided they should be included. They are quite delete worthy.

Reading those reviews set me off man. It was like someone was bad mouthing my family behind my back.

Struck a nerve. The reviewer made waves of anger in me. I couldn't laugh about it because it was so underhanded and cheap.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 08:49
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

siLLy puPPy got me interested in Coma Cluster Void with that amazing review. Or maybe I'm just hypnotized by the use of "orotundity".

Thanks, Tapfret! If you love Gorguts and other disturbing harsh tech death metal then this is surprisingly addictive. That word was proven by Nazi scientists to lure prey into their traps before they sprang on them the big nasty. This album is the perfect pastime of audio assault possible ;0

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 08:52

I've been sending a note to these type of reviewers now and again and expressing condolensces for their musical ignorance and the pain the must experience from it. Usually only reserved for someone who rates 1000 albums or so and gives 90% of them 1 or 2 stars. I love those Metallica albums but to feel offended is to express that i actually give a flying BLEEP what a musical illerate reviewer thinks Clown

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 09:09
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I've been sending a note to these type of reviewers now and again and expressing condolensces for their musical ignorance and the pain the must experience from it. Usually only reserved for someone who rates 1000 albums or so and gives 90% of them 1 or 2 stars. I love those Metallica albums but to feel offended is to express that i actually give a flying BLEEP what a musical illerate reviewer thinks Clown

They are probably best ignored. People like that tend to rather get off on the attention that their "thoughts" produce.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 10:18
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

They are probably best ignored. People like that tend to rather get off on the attention that their "thoughts" produce.

Exactly. Part of not coming off as an elite club of snobs is to accept these things as personal freedom of expression. With no logical arguments to support their views, they are obviously only excercing the childish method of contradictory shock and awe rather than offering up a valid statement. Just for the record, i don't care about ratings and reviews but have send a few notes to those who clearly engage in ratings abuse by carpet bombing with one stars who show a pattern of never even listening to a particular band's canon.

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 18:02
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

^ omg Michael. I totally agree. There is a strong difference between being insightfully critical and being hyperbolically negative. I hate Poito guy's reviews. They are so cheap on creative insight and I find them to be flat out verbal sewage that permeates mediocrity.

My condolences as well.

It's all good, man, I hope he keeps it up! I like people who prove their stupidity over and over

Besides, he took a thinly veiled dig at me in one of his recent reviews, and I was like thinking `Hey buddy, I dig comic books, so I'm always on the lookout for a proper nemesis of my own'!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 18:25
Mod Fok - I fell over laughing.............WTF is this dude on ??
If anyone is a Mod Fok, then take a guess !!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2017 at 04:32
Perhaps we can start a page called "I really hate your review!" and just criticize this dude and no others! It would be fun for us and, hopefully, educational for him (or her). LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2017 at 09:37
Geek Ok, back to serious business! A very enjoyable homepage by the usual suspects. Thumbs Up 
Except for the Metallica hater. LOL I know, I know. I couldn't help it.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2017 at 14:26
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Geek Ok, back to serious business! A very enjoyable homepage by the usual suspects. Thumbs Up 
Except for the Metallica hater. LOL I know, I know. I couldn't help it.

and kudos to your super review of the latest Strawbs Steve.  As we both agree, it's not up there with their classics but there is <i>something</i> classic about it.  It would be good to see a few more reviews of it
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2017 at 08:43

It's still not half as good as yours Ken. I was trying not read any reviews before listening to the album, which took a little longer then I thought it would. I'd like to see a few more reviews myself but a couple of lone voices crying out in the wilderness is all that's needed sometimes.

Edited by SteveG - December 19 2017 at 08:43
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 04:51
Another great homepage to enjoy a cup of coffee with. kudos to Ken L, Damo, BrufordFreak, tszirmay and the always stellar Lazland. Happy Holidays to all.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 06:08
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Another great homepage to enjoy a cup of coffee with. kudos to Ken L, Damo, BrufordFreak, tszirmay and the always stellar Lazland. Happy Holidays to all.

And happy holidays to you, my dear chap!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2017 at 13:51
Great insight into Leprous's Malina album by SiLLy pUpPy. :)

A pretty good read. Thank you, Silly. :)

Michael (Aussie-Byrd) provides yet another strong and creative review with Ayreon's The Source. Much Thanks of course, Michael. :)

Lastly, I really liked Wurther's short takes on just about every Savatage album available. Pretty cool. :)

Oh and Poito's use of the 'Mod folk' terminology in Metallica's MOP's. Lol I guess he likes The Who's Quadrophenia? Who the hell knows, but I guess us mod or modern folk just really wouldn't know heavy metal.
Omg I've gone cross-eyed.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 03:57
I was really surprised to see Mike's Petrus Castrus review and even more when I read it Clap I have to say I only heard it once, it was obscured by their two albums when I started to listen to them, but I should give it another listen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 61>