Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 61>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 20:04
A shout out to Holy Moly's review of that YETI debut. I enjoyed that especially since it's impossible to find and i don't have it. Nice one Steve !
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2013 at 08:10
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

A shout out to Holy Moly's review of that YETI debut. I enjoyed that especially since it's impossible to find and i don't have it. Nice one Steve !
Thanks John! Smile

For my part, I have never seen any of their subsequent albums, so I just went on Amazon to see if anyone had any for sale.  All I could find was "Things to Come" (the one I already have), selling for almost $100.  

Edited by HolyMoly - February 20 2013 at 08:33
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2013 at 09:36
Hell yes! 
I enjoyed that one as well, maybe not so much due to it's rarity, which makes me go "damn!", if I'm honest...

Loved your Landberk review too, John. As a matter of fact, I really think the front page of late has been overflowing in well written and thoughtful reviews. True marmalade days.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2013 at 22:14
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Hell yes! 
I enjoyed that one as well, maybe not so much due to it's rarity, which makes me go "damn!", if I'm honest...

Loved your Landberk review too, John. As a matter of fact, I really think the front page of late has been overflowing in well written and thoughtful reviews. True marmalade days.

Thanks David !  I have another coming up that will be hard not to drop five stars on.
I think out of print albums should be against the law.LOL  I guess as Steve showed us with that YETI recording going for 100 dollars that some are thankful for rare albums because they can make some money. Supply and demand.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 04:54
Another great review John for Serge Bringolf Clap I'm glad this album gets a little more exposure, it really deserves it.
I came across this album a few weeks ago with the warm recommendation by Mr. Aussie Byrd, and I simply can't stop listening to it. I still can't swallow the debut just yet but I'm getting there.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 06:43
Yep, ditto that review from John for `Visions' - What an album!! Wouldn't mind reviewing that album myself :)

Glad you liked it, Sagi! I'll wait for your response about the first album before ordering it!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 07:01
Michael, Since you already know Eclat you might really like that album I finally reviewed, so if you are interested there are some youtube videos you can check out, it worth it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 07:47
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Hell yes! 

Thanks David !  I have another coming up that will be hard not to drop five stars on.
I think out of print albums should be against the law.LOL  I guess as Steve showed us with that YETI recording going for 100 dollars that some are thankful for rare albums because they can make some money. Supply and demand.

Hey ho mister JohnLOL Brilliant 5 star review, and of one I have yet to acquire. Looking forward to that now....

On another note, and not to constantly bring up the ol Kanguru, but I really digged that West Space and Love review you did Michael. Maybe it's to do with the kind of music on display that I adore, but something tells me it goes beyond that. Just very well written my friend(even if you live most of your life with the wrong side up.... (I'll tell you - you'd absolutely love living here in Denmark, where we don't have to use glue under our feet))

On another note altogether: SAGIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah! You've started reviewing again or what? Been a long time coming, but ultimately worthwhile. I have missed them. Eclat though sounds like something out of a bakery....

Edited by Guldbamsen - February 22 2013 at 07:48
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 07:59
Glue on your feet.... LOL

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:00
Ah, Mr Bansen, always good to see you pop your head in! :)

Glad you like `West Space and Love'! I also listened to it on my Ipod on a walk through a local reserve this morning...lovely blissful floating mystery to soundtrack my travels with ducks, dusty tracks and lakes....and the darker parts of the album for when I had to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was sneaking out of the bushes to mug me, or...you know, the `other thing'

Good times!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:08
The other thing? Oh......

That's the thing most men hope for, when walking home from a party. Maybe the exact opposite of women methinks. Again, the Danish connection brings to you the ultimate distinction between the sexes - perhaps the most dividing(apart from childbirth that is...)

Nice to be around this place again - as always really. Just trying to catch up on people and music. So in line with that, hey Steve!! Hope you're tearing it up with the ol bandHeadbanger

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:36
Don't worry, Dave, no-one's tried any guff with me so far! I think they see the big solid dude wearing tye-dye and run the other way lol!

If only I still had my Steven Seagal hair, that would warn them off too! But damn it would give me an excuse to try out my big finishing move - `Super Down-Under Glue Boot'!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:42
LOL

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:44

hey Steve!! Hope you're tearing it up with the ol bandHeadbanger

Hey David!  Hope the transition back to student life is going as smoothly as it could.  I've kind of missed shooting the BS with you around here. 

And yes, the band Rare Goat is doing well. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new guitar and amp, which sound great.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:57
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

hey Steve!! Hope you're tearing it up with the ol bandHeadbanger

Hey David!  Hope the transition back to student life is going as smoothly as it could.  I've kind of missed shooting the BS with you around here. 

And yes, the band Rare Goat is doing well. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new guitar and amp, which sound great.

Yeah well, I miss you too big fellaSmile

I guess it's going allright, although I feel like I should be more 'into' it - more challenged, but then again I am studying something that I've used 12 years of work on, so a lot of the basics thrown at us currently, is just meaningless or superfluous banter to these ears. Feels like having someone tell you, that water is wet... Wow, is that right? I had no ideaConfused

Apart from that little thing, I am doing fine with my studies. A LOT of fine women there, though something tells me that I have to take it a little easy to begin with. I may just have to work with these people on future assignmentsLOL

What make is that new guitar of yours? One of my older friends just bought my absolute favourite axe of all time, which is the Gibson Firebird mark lll - y'know the one Manzanera played with Roxy back in the day. A beautiful thing.

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 09:36

I guess it's going allright, although I feel like I should be more 'into' it - more challenged, but then again I am studying something that I've used 12 years of work on, so a lot of the basics thrown at us currently, is just meaningless or superfluous banter to these ears. Feels like having someone tell you, that water is wet... Wow, is that right? I had no ideaConfused
I know that feeling, I started grad school in healthcare adminstration after I'd been working in it for a few years already.  Too much of it seemed meaninglessly theoretical (cause I knew what it was like IN THE TRENCHES, MAN!), but I slugged through it and got the degree.  A good career move, though you really can't beat the knowledge you pick up "in the trenches" as you have.

Apart from that little thing, I am doing fine with my studies. A LOT of fine women there, though something tells me that I have to take it a little easy to begin with. I may just have to work with these people on future assignmentsLOL
Yep.  Careful not to build too many bridges, because you might have to burn some later. LOL

What make is that new guitar of yours? One of my older friends just bought my absolute favourite axe of all time, which is the Gibson Firebird mark lll - y'know the one Manzanera played with Roxy back in the day. A beautiful thing.
The guitar is a Fender Squier J. Mascis Jazzmaster, and the amp is a Fender Blues Deluxe, with the best clean tube sound I've ever played through.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 09:47
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I know that feeling, I started grad school in healthcare adminstration after I'd been working in it for a few years already.  Too much of it seemed meaninglessly theoretical (cause I knew what it was like IN THE TRENCHES, MAN!), but I slugged through it and got the degree.  A good career move, though you really can't beat the knowledge you pick up "in the trenches" as you have.

Yep.  Careful not to build too many bridges, because you might have to burn some later. LOL

The guitar is a Fender Squier J. Mascis Jazzmaster, and the amp is a Fender Blues Deluxe, with the best clean tube sound I've ever played through.

Thanks man. Feels good to know that others out there have been through something similar. And don't worry - I'll never forget the trenchesLOL Real life never seems to reflect that of the fictional intellectually charged academic one. If I were to follow the books on how best to work with children, I'd turn out 'false' and disingenuous, and as you probably know from being a father, children see right through that. In that way, they feel infinitely more wise than us old folks.

Jazzmaster? Isn't that the one that got a revival back in the early 90s with grunge and the Madchester scene?

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 13:24
Ahhh you guys crack me up everytime.LOL 
I just wanted to agree with Bamsen's words to Michael about that West Space and Love review. And that Oresund Space Collectiv review too. I need to get these one day. I have some earlier Oresund Space Collectiv which i really enjoy.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 13:37
John, we've had a bit of a run around with the `West Space and Love' album, as it was incorrectly listed as a seperate band - curse the confusion of the revolving door lineups!

But I'm actually listening to it right now at work again, it's a much more sedate and ambient album from them, their other ones (which I've got most of as well) are a lot more intense! Love to hear some more albums from them like this once in a while!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 16:46
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

John, we've had a bit of a run around with the `West Space and Love' album, as it was incorrectly listed as a seperate band - curse the confusion of the revolving door lineups!

But I'm actually listening to it right now at work again, it's a much more sedate and ambient album from them, their other ones (which I've got most of as well) are a lot more intense! Love to hear some more albums from them like this once in a while!
Yeah i was a little confused as it looked like Oresund Space Collectiv made an Indo Raga album under a different name just to mix things up. Which is i guess what happened, but with their own name.LOL

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 61>