Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ozric Tentacles & the Colorado wildfires
    Posted: June 28 2012 at 20:41
Posted by Brandi on the ozric messageboards:

"Topic: High Park Fire (Read 994 times)
brandi
« Reply #30 Today at 1:23pm »

------------------------------------
Hi All,
We can not thank you enough for your kind words and concern during this difficult time.
On this solstice, Friday, June 22nd, 2012, our lovely mountain Erpland burnt to the ground,
taking with it all of our archives, photos, masters, studio equipment, artwork, a ton of instruments, the list goes on and on.
We were really having fun making those posh re-releases with all kinds of new images and bonus material, but all that is going to be a lot harder to find now. I was thinking to maybe open a P.O. Box, where if people have old photos or recordings or various other mementos collecting dust they think we should have, then perhaps they could send them on when they have the time. We have created this email account: [email protected] for anyone who wants to send messages, digi images, or audio even (though it probably won't accept large files, but it's at least a contact for a start to open up some ideas), ...or any information on building houses, preferably sustainable, or anything at all that that they feel they would want to pass on to brighten the day be it a joke, or advice, or to advise us that they have any studio gear they are getting rid of, we're going need to buy a few things . . . !

Communication is quite difficult at the moment, we are kind of all over the place, things should settle down in a bit, but maybe not for a week or two, I'll try to keep checking in but the amount of questions I have to answer this week is quite over-whelming especially after not getting to come home after the tour, we're STILL tired from that ! =)

For all the locals in FoCo our friend Kyle from "Good Gravy" is putting on a charity benefit show for High Park Fire refugees this Friday evening, all proceeds go to rebuilding homes for those who have lost them.

Still shocked but alive. . .love & light ~ brandi x x (& ed & silas) "

Sad news indeed. Cry
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 20:47
Oh no! That sucks!
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 22:32
The Ozrics are now based in Colorado?  I had no idea.
Bummer about their Erpland!  All of the destruction from these fires is pretty amazing.  (Not that I've seen it in person or anything.)
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2012 at 11:25
These fires are a tragedy for so many people and the environment.  I was in that area several years ago and was awe-inspired by the beauty but saddened by the number of trees which had succumbed to whatever beetle it was that was infesting them.  Entire forests had been killed off.  I am sure the high amount of dead wood is a major factor with the fires all over the state.

It is a tragedy closer to our community here, of course, that the Ozrics have lost their Erpland.  My heart goes out to you guys for loosing so much of your work, your labor of love.

Have you thought of straw-bale housing?  That is highly sustainable.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2012 at 12:18
Earth berm.

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply