Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteve Hackett

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2012 at 22:09
Originally posted by Raccoon Raccoon wrote:

If you want easy listening, you head over to ol' Anthony Phillips. Nearly every album of his is amazing. But regarding Steve Hackett, Spectral Mornings is the way to go. The Ballad Of The Decomposing Man is a classic and MUST HAVE.

So true about Anthony Phillips. He played 12 sting, by the way, on a couple of songs for Hackett on Out of the Tunnel's Mouth, you may already know. And yeah, I get such a chuckle just thinking about Ballad of the Decomposing Man.
N-sz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2012 at 15:56
I'm glad to see that this thread has sparked some interesting discussion! I don't know a ton about music theory, but I enjoyed reading about it.

Originally posted by Raccoon Raccoon wrote:

If you want easy listening, you head over to ol' Anthony Phillips. Nearly every album of his is amazing. But regarding Steve Hackett, Spectral Mornings is the way to go. The Ballad Of The Decomposing Man is a classic and MUST HAVE.

Oh yeah, Anthony Phillips! I bet you're right. I haven't listened to much of him yet, but I've been interested in finding some of his music.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 10:57
I remember seeing Steve Hackett live on the "Darktown" tour. They were amazing that night! The audience was full of screaming hounding people who were relentless. All through the night people screamed .."Hey Steve!"  "You blow away Genesis!" "You make them look sick!"  Steve Hackett wore a pair of sunglasses through the entire show and at one point before starting a piece, he stared at the audience allowing his glasses to slowly slide down his nose. They screamed relentlessly as he glanced around the room saying nothing for a whole of 3 minutes. I would love to know what he was thinking. I was cracking up trying to imagine what was on his mind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123