Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy does Glass Hammer get Hammered here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 14:51
Yep, that was EXACTLY my concern, Richard!

From what I've picked up on my few brief listens, the total Anderson similarities of the vocals kind of distract from how much effort and skill seemingly went into creating the dense and sophisticated music. I think those new listeners brought in by Yes will absolutely go nuts over it because of Jon's voice, but I'd hate for this album to reinforce tired `Yes clone' comparisons/dismissals.

BTW, I also plan on snapping up one of those vinyl copies that are proposed on the Archives ad on the front page!
Topjukes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 19:15
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Yep, that was EXACTLY my concern, Richard!

From what I've picked up on my few brief listens, the total Anderson similarities of the vocals kind of distract from how much effort and skill seemingly went into creating the dense and sophisticated music. I think those new listeners brought in by Yes will absolutely go nuts over it because of Jon's voice, but I'd hate for this album to reinforce tired `Yes clone' comparisons/dismissals.

BTW, I also plan on snapping up one of those vinyl copies that are proposed on the Archives ad on the front page!

It's not just a proposal - we're expecting delivery of all 500 copies before the end of November! This album - on vinyl - will blow you away. I'm immensely proud of the albums we've released this year on Plane Groovy, and now being able to confirm "Perilous" and "English Electric Part 1" on the label kind of acts as an early Christmas present for me, particularly as the bands have been so generous in finding the extra tracks for these vinyl releases.
www.planegroovy.com - for the music you always wanted to hear on vinyl!
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 19:32
Wow, that is outstanding news! I'm going to get my Archives buddy Tom Ozric onto this and work out about getting some copies!

Didn't you guys just put out `Izz - Crush Of Night' as well on LP?! That is a terrific album!

Wow, with the Izz, Big Big Train and now Glass Hammer albums, you've got three knockout 2012 prog releases on vinyl right there!

(think I'll be rebuying them ALL on LP, even though I've got the CD's already!)

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - November 08 2012 at 19:33
Topjukes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 14:51
Hey, don't forget that we also put out the new echolyn earlier in the year as well ... and the great new DBA album (Geoff Downes and Chris Braide).

Not sure how much it will help, but I'm an airline pilot for my "proper" job and I could probably bring albums with me to Sydney to ship; as our albums are all heavyweight pressings and many are doubles, this might save a fortune on shipping!

Cheers, Chris
www.planegroovy.com - for the music you always wanted to hear on vinyl!
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 14:57
Hey Chris, that sounds pretty amazing, can I please keep in touch through Private Messages here or in email about that? My friend on the Archives here Tom Ozric and I will likely be each snapping up copies of these albums - I'm in Melbourne, he's in Queensland - so this could be a great idea! Very appreciated that would would even offer!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 21:35
^ You guys are lucky, still getting vinyls.  Unfortunately most of my purchases are all digital with a few CDs here and there.

Anyway, I had to play Lex Rex today so I could better compare Perilous to it.  To me Perilous is winning by a large margin and I have given it quite a number of spins.  This one just grows and grows...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456