Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIQ's Subterranea to become feature length film

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2012 at 19:06
This is awesome. Subterranea is one of my favourite IQ albums.
ScorchedFirth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2012 at 06:07
(From IQ-HQ.co.uk)

"06.August.12

Subterranea movie Kickstarter campaign

Birdman films (the company producing the Subterranea movie based on IQ's classic concept album) have launched a Kickstarter fundraising campaign. Anyone with an interest in the band or the movie is able to pledge an amount to help ensure the film gets the funding it needs. 

There's a range of incentives for all 'would be Angels' including posters, t-shirts, special editions of the DVD/BluRay, credits in the film, walk on parts - all the way up to full executive producer status.

Mat Miller, Director: "Every penny we get will go directly onto the screen - the more funds we raise, the bigger and better the film will be in the end. So please, donate to the film, tell your friends and lets bring this inspiring and special story to life!"

If you've ever fancied yourself as a movie mogul, take a look at the project page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812444518/subterranea-feature-length-film."

At the time of writing they have about $5,500 pledged out of $30,000, with 20 days to go. I've only just graduated but when I get a job I may well even pledge a small amount, because this might actually be pretty cool. At the very least some of the perks indicate that we are getting new IQ music out of this, written for the score.

breathing, eating, defecating, screwing, drinking, spewing, sleeping...

PeterHuth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 09:28
Hi there,
it is almost done! The Kickstarter-campaign for the movie is almost finished and it looks quite good. Mat just needs around 4000 dollar to realize this amazing project. So if you havenīt pledged yet, just have a look at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812444518/subterranea-feature-length-film and support this amazing project!
Itīs a small step for man, but a giant leap for progkind!
Cheers, Peter
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 21:16
Only 51 hours to go, so I'm not confident they'll make it.  But I did pledge, so...!
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 21:24
I donated $25. I'll hype it on facebook but I don't have a ton of friends who know about the album or the band.
ScorchedFirth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 15:22

BREAKING NEWS!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812444518/subterranea-feature-length-film

Funding was achieved in the nick of time, with just 9 hours to spare. The project raised $32,000 in total (so $2,000 extra!) with a total of 199 backers.

I can't tell you how excited I am about this, IQ are one of my favourite bands and Subterranea is an absolute masterpiece. Here's to an exciting new chapter in the band's career (and new music for the film!)

Edited by ScorchedFirth - September 02 2012 at 09:34
breathing, eating, defecating, screwing, drinking, spewing, sleeping...

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 22:42
Getting close now, guys. This was posted today:

We would like to OFFICIALLY announce that we have picture locked the film! All of the editing is completed and we are now moving into the other realms of post production. It has been a long and tiresome process but we are very happy with the cut of the film and look forward to enhancing it with all of the other elements of post.

We are very proud and thankful for everyone who has worked on and supported the film up to this point, cast and crew especially. You deserve a round of applause. Your hard work and dedication to the film is paying off. We can't wait to share it with the world.

At this time we would also like to share with you a teaser poster for the film!

We hope to have more frequent updates over the holiday season. Stay tuned.

Well, that was quick! We have made it to 700. Thanks for the support. Please continue to share our page as we move forward with the project. &amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;So, heres our part of the deal, the good news. &amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;We would like to OFFICIALLY announce that we have picture locked the film! All of the editing is completed and we are now moving into the other realms of post production. It has been a long and tiresome process but we are very happy with the cut of the film and look forward to enhancing it with all of the other elements of post. &amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;We are very proud and thankful for everyone who has worked on and supported the film up to this point, cast and crew especially. You deserve a round of applause. Your hard work and dedication to the film is paying off. We cant wait to share it with the world.&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;At this time we would also like to share with you a teaser poster for the film!&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;amp;#10;We hope to have more frequent updates over the holiday season. Stay tuned.

Smile

Edited by yam yam - December 06 2013 at 22:43
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2013 at 09:41
^^ I haven't heard Subterranea in years, but I remember seeing them perform it live at Bury Met back in 1999 when it was videoed... a great evening, as I recall!

Good luck with it all, and I'll look out for it!
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 15:01
A couple of videos have been posted which might be of interest (a series of vids called the "Behind the Lens" production blog):

There's also an interesting article about the post-production process of this film here: http://missoulian.com/entertainment/movies/um-grads-learning-art-of-postproduction/article_bf61e664-e28f-11e3-9da7-0019bb2963f4.html.

Follow the progress of the film on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SubterraneaMovieSmile

Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 13:15
This is highly anticipated among prog fans. I just hope more than just the hardcore IQ fans go to see it. I imagine it will have a limited release but the important thing is it gets out there and people get to see it. Maybe it will expose the band to a larger audience. Who knows.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 03:09
I would love to see it reviewed on BBC's Film show hosted by Claudia Winkleman and Danny Lee. Smile

Hopefully it can gain some momentum and exposure
Altairius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 06:31
This is beyond epic. I've always liked the idea of a 'music movie', kind of an inverse to movie soundtracks. I can't think of any examples offhand, and what a great album to do this with.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 14:09
Another "Behind the Lens" video has been posted:

Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 04:34
And another one...Only this time it's on vimeo, so I can't embed it here: http://vimeo.com/103772978 (Subterranea - Behind The Scenes - The Music).

This status update was posted on facebook to accompany it:

"Greetings all! The Subterranea post-production team has been working diligently on the film over the summer. We are extremely close to having a finished product and are very happy with what we have so far. Look for exciting things to come in the next few weeks!

In the meantime please enjoy another one of our Behind the Scenes videos. This time we take a look at the scoring of the film with IQ's own Michael Holmes! We can't post any of the music just yet, but trust us, it is going to be a real treat!"

Smile

Edited by yam yam - August 24 2014 at 04:35
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 05:53
I really look forward to it! and I hope it can give some boost of sales to the band and if possible to Prog in general, congratulations to these young guys (I wonder how such a young Montana guy became a Prog fan to start with).
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2014 at 03:00
Will be very interesting to see how much national media coverage it gets. I'm slight fearing it will disappear without trace but fingers crossed that isn't the case.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 03:02
Anyone has any news about this film? It's already over 2 years since the project started, I hope it has not been aborted.
Zitro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2014 at 05:53
From what I heard, the movie is in post-production and they released a teaser trailer with [annoying] narration and visuals from what is supposed to be the beginning of the movie. Maybe later, they'll show a bunch of scenes from the movie.
http://vimeo.com/110672114
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2014 at 09:15
Yeah they're definitely not aborting it. It's just a matter of how good it will be.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2015 at 22:08
The film is now on IMDb for a 2015 release: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2291284/. It was announced on 7th of April that after many months of post production, the team had finally completed the final mix for Subterranea. Another official trailer is promised soon, and the dedicated website for the film is starting to fill out nicely: http://subterranea-movie.com/.

This next video isn't new (July 2013), but we haven't got it in the thread as yet. It was conducted for the MusicInWideScreen progressive rock radio show/podcast, and features the two guys behind the movie - Mathew Miller and Brandon Woodard:

Hopefully not long to wait now... Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>