Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsuper furries headlined orange music fest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: super furries headlined orange music fest
    Posted: July 17 2005 at 12:27
I managed to catch their amazing 1:30 set in Bristol, headlining this big festival and it was only a fiver to get in! They played incredibly well, they even did the 20 minute version of "The Man Don't Give a f**k" as their encore.

This is art rock at it's best, they surely deserve a place in the archives. Their stage shows are amazing, dressing up as different characters and having the creatures from their artwork on screen, and amazing visuals making them one of the most interesting live acts around. Their music is also an amazing blend of psychadelia, space rock, prog but art rock overall.

one of my favourite bands and best live bands ive ever seen. their new album "Love Kraft" is out soon.
The Worthless Recluse
felona View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 18:02
oh I agree - SFA are completely mad & absolutely wonderful . I have wanted to see them on PA for a while now ... who's arm do we have to twist ....?
I was never really sure what I was waiting for. When the moment came I was looking away ......
The Church "After Everything Now This"
AfanSpur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 04:29

The super Furries are not a classic prog band but certainly live on the fringes. They are hard to pigeon hole as they have a few guises. But their some times Psychedelic sometimes Alt sometimes folk pop certainly is of a high standard and often has wit strangeness and charm.

I feel they warrant inclusion as a band of interest. It has often bothered me that prog has seemed to flourish in the metal arena but it is almost totally ignored down in the pop end of the spectrum. Some of the progressive metal i have heard is really hard on the ears but the softer sweeter side of prog can be found in the SFA

There stands Olias to outward to build a ship
Holding within all we hope to retain
The frame will be so built to challenge the universe
Clasped with the skins of the fish of the plain

Post Reply Post Reply