Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLumsk (nor) - crossover prog, heavy prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lumsk (nor) - crossover prog, heavy prog
    Posted: July 20 2012 at 16:02
i think they have been suggested before and rejected, twice, but to me it feals quite redicules to not have Lumsk whiel a lessr prog folk band Gåte is in PA, no this is not a why is X here when Y should also be here type of thread, this is just a point to show that two bands that share same brand of folk metal while one ofcourse is prog (Gåte) while the other actualy have a stronger prog pedegry IMO, Lumsk is a fearly tallanted band that melds epic folk, with metal with symhonic, with medival themes, which play in a progressive rock and metal way, all their 3 albums is labled progressive rock or metal on wiki, MMA is also lable it them that, or state in the BIO they have progressive metal as one of their main ingrediences

Origin Trondheim, Norway
Genres Folk metal, folk rock, progressive rock
Years active 1999 - present
Labels Tabu Recordings
Website www.lumsk.com/

Edited by aginor - July 20 2012 at 16:04
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2012 at 16:41
They've been rejected time and time again. Suggesting more and more will only make me not like them more and more.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2012 at 16:44
i stull they think have a prog pedegry more so then Gåte, who is here, (i hate bring the X vs Y thingy) but it is silly to have a lesser progy band in PA while the more progy band is in PA,

silly silly silly

also they are also working on a new album writing material and i doubt it is less progy then ther three other progressive rock and metal albums,

their brand of folk (or shall i say Medival metal ) is quite unique, every other soapy clished folk band who is a disgrace to the roots of how to portray the real folk melodies of Norwegian folk meldies, are not representative to the folk metal which comes out of Norway and is a bad representation of the real folk music, Lumsk bring in the real sounds of the tradtional folk sounds, they really show the listener the hardship of the life that were lived in the medival Norway, shows through bonecrushing riffs the reall power of hard working folks, it is a clear difference between regular folk metal and Lumsk, Lumsk bear STRONG progressive rock traits, and do not hide it, or scratch it , they embrace the the genre through a clever arangement and marrige with medival Norwegain folk melodies, not cheesy riffage and cheesy chanting, this is the real deal,

Lumsk give us the pleasyre of showing us, the listener, from Norway and to listeners outside Norway how reall traditiona folk music is mixed with heavy metal and prog,

also they do not only bring folk into the table, but symphonic structure, medeval structure, and doom metal elements into the hole thing,

all the albums are themed, concept albums, based on the true myths, and legends of old, and a album based on poems by Knut Hamsun, the Nobel Laurate, a 4 song lengthed epic song, of both symph prog, and folk prog elements,

vocal harmonys, complex rythems, complex times sings, complex melodies, complex, intrumentation, great lead vocals,

these are also traiend musicaians with wide pallets of all music styles from Mars Volta, Pink Floyd, Yes Crimson, Megadeath and various metal bands

Edited by aginor - July 20 2012 at 17:00
 Post Reply Post Reply