FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarillion Involve Fans In Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marillion Involve Fans In Video
    Posted: July 18 2005 at 04:56
Hot on the heels of their 'support the band' project (that involved asking fans to pick up instruments and actually play as a support act to the band) Marillion appear to be involving all and sundry in another unique participation exercise. This was recently posted on the Marillion forum and I thought it deserved a mention here:

'Ok - here's a strange one for you. Without giving away too much, we will be releasing a new single at some point in the future. Obviously this single is going to go to Number One :) and so we'll need a video. Now this is where you come in....we're looking for idea and concepts for the video. The band on stage singing and playing is very boring as I am sure you will agree.

The most interesting videos are where there is something quirky going on (like The Cure singing in a wardrobe etc) and that's the kind of thing we are looking for.

But what's the song I hear you say? Well we think the song is irrelevant to the video so we are looking for a unique idea and we thought we'd throw it out to you lot to see what you can come up with! If we use your idea of course you will receive full credits and if possible come to the shoot.'

Edited by sigod
I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply