Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLucky escape for Baroness in road accident!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucky escape for Baroness in road accident!
    Posted: August 15 2012 at 11:21
It seems Baroness and crew have escaped with largely minor injuries after their tour bus overturned and plunged 30ft down a viaduct in heavy rain this morning, all 9 passangers on board have been taken to hospital but no serious injuries have been reported.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/three-trapped-after-coach-plunges-off-viaduct-near-bath.html

I hope all involved have a swift recovery.

Edited by sleeper - August 15 2012 at 11:59
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

2112R View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2012 at 14:20
Best of luck to all the band members and crew who were on the bus! At least no one has suffered extreme injuries! Keep rocking guys! 
"All (the naked man) means is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolizes any collectivist mentality." - Neil Peart
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2012 at 16:31
Damn! That sucks. Glad to hear of no major injuries.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2012 at 00:00
The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time..
sturoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 21:21
Since we do not know the exact cause yet I will say it is a testament to the many Tour bus / Nightliner drivers that there are not more accidents involving them..They drive thousands of miles many at night,  deal with all kinds of poor drivers around them, crappy weather, and even some lousy passengers. I have been on many a tour bus and always wondered about what to do in case of flipping over etc. The bunks are small compact spaces stacked typically 3 high- 6 per side with a maximum of 12 bunks -depending on the bus config.
I always chose the bottom forward bunk so I could roll out easily enough without climbing (read as  'staggering' !) up or down to get out.
With no restraint system in place, (I don't think they would be a good idea anyhow), when a bus flips its like an earthquake: everything / everyone goes all over the place. Top bunk residents get the worst of it being thrown out of their high bunk . While I am not surprised at the extent of the band and crew injuries, It could have been much worse !

Edited by sturoc - August 29 2012 at 21:24
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 16:00
Two of the band members have decided to quit the band following the accident.  http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/baroness-bus-crash-victims-quit-band/
sturoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2013 at 11:09
Judging from their injuries, it was probably their only choice since it would have been impossible for them to continue playing especially live at this point.
Here's to a speedy recovery for all involved .

Edited by sturoc - March 30 2013 at 11:09
 Post Reply Post Reply