Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYour views on the next Opeth album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2012 at 05:37
I feel DT's last great album was Octavarium.
After that, it was a downhill ride with Systematic Chaos and Black Clouds & Silver Linings 
Agreed, both the albums have good moments, but they are a major letdown after Octavarium, atleast for me. 
The reason why I pointed out The Dark Eternal Night was mainly because of that instrumental mid section which I fell in LOVE with. I wish Opeth does some instrumental songs (I know. That is totally out of proportion and  completely out of Opeth's style. But hey, if there are bands which surprise me a LOT, Opeth is probably in the top of that list for me. So, I am still a bit optimistic)

And as I mentioned before, I wish Opeth does something like neo-folk progressive rock/metal. That would be my DREAM. 
I love all their folk-ish songs like The Throat for Winter, Famine and The Apostle In Triumph (Intro)
zeqexes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 16:13
^ Agree about Octavarium. I like both Opeth's heavy stuff, and Heritage (and Damnation), so I don't really care what type of music they put out, I'll probably like it. After all, Mikael is a musical genius.
Chozal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 18:03
Originally posted by appudds appudds wrote:

And as I mentioned before, I wish Opeth does something like neo-folk progressive rock/metal. That would be my DREAM. 
I love all their folk-ish songs like The Throat for Winter, Famine and The Apostle In Triumph (Intro)

Are you talking Current 93-style neo folk ?
That would be awesome indeed. In fact Storm Corrosion could be considered as neo-folk in this regard =O

The Infinite Progability Drive, feeding you daily progressive/weird music for just a like <3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123