Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lalle Larsson releases "The Weaveworld Trilogy"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLalle Larsson releases "The Weaveworld Trilogy"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lalle Larsson releases "The Weaveworld Trilogy"
    Posted: August 25 2012 at 05:28

taken from reingold records email...

pre order here:

LALLE LARSSON – THE WEAVEWORLD TRILOGY

After finishing off the groundbreaking epic DVD recording ”Seven Deadly Pieces – A concert for chamber orchestra and electric guitars” in 2008, Larsson started working on his next project – The Weaveworld Trilogy.

With influences ranging from metal, jazz and classical music, Larsson presented a hard hitting band. This time recorded and produced by Jonas Reingold and Reingold Records.

The Weaveworld Trilogy is written as an instrumental suite of three albums with the same concept and the same band. Lalle Larsson – Piano/keyboards, Richard Hallebeek - guitar, Stefan Rosqvist- guitar, Jonas Reingold - bass and Walle Wahlgren - drums.

What was your main inspiration behind the Weaveworld trilogy?

After Seven Deadly Pieces I wanted to do something a little more straight forward and melodic so you can say that Weaveworld is my version of a “rock band”. I wrote the material to “Weaveworld” (2009) and “Infinity of Worlds” (2010) during a time of changes in my life. Every song became a soundtrack to those events, and a form of therapy I suppose.

Nightscapes has a nocturnal theme throughout the album.

Yes, I am a night owl so inspiration usually comes to me during the night.Almost all the music on Nightscapes is composed after midnight.During the process of this album I usually didn´t go to sleep until 6:00 o clock in the morning and sometimes even a couple of hours later than that.I think that the album captures that feeling.

How would you describe the music on Nightscapes compared to the other two albums?

The music on this album is definitely the most complex of the trilogy. I have spent more time with “Nightscapes” than I have on both of the previous albums together.I suppose that there is more of everything. First of all this album has over an hour of music so it is the longest of the three and the album is very diverse I think.We have a rock fusion tune like the opener “Insomnia” with some really cool intervallic unison themes between guitar and keys and some ripping solos from everyone in the band. The epic song “A Dream of a Thousand Weaves” is a 13 minute tune with several themes, a mixture of progressive riffs in odd time signatures, melodic pop sensibilities, a meditative dreamy solo section in 9/8, an acoustic spanish guitar section and a melody that could very well work as a film score.“Rainbow´s Gold” is a tune that starts off acoustic and then goes into this epic symphony of distortion and an emotional keyboard solo that leads back to the main theme over a distorted wall of sound.“Zero Hour” is the heavy rock tune of the album with tuned down guitar riffs and some ripping guitar themes and solos. There is also a beautiful soft ballad – “Nocturne” arranged for classical guitar and piano. The title piece of the album is the 24 minute “Nightscapes Suite” which is the longest and by far the most complex composition in the Weaveworld catalogue. The Nightscapes Suite is a symphonic piece in 5 parts with several themes based on a twelve tone row. There are orchestral parts in there that echoes Pierre Boulez, Joseph Schwantner, Frank Zappa, and John Barry. There are also some tuned down heavy guitar riffs ala Black Sabbath and cinematic textures and themes ala Ennio Morricone. Top that with some amazing guitar work, piano/keyboard solos and you might get a picture of what to expect. The album ends with the quiet and melancholic “Dawn Sheds a Final Tear” which is an acoustic piece that mainly revolves around the piano and the beautiful fretless bass playing of Jonas Reingold. I think that this is a worthy ending to the Weaveworld Trilogy and we are all very excited about this release!

Reingold Records are proud to announce that pianist Lalle Larsson will be opening up for The Flower Kings on their European tour in September.

The opening set will contain solo piano renditions of original compositions and will showcase Lalles unique playing style. This tour will be in promotion of Lalle´s new Weaveworld album "Nightscapes".

Lalle is mostly known for his keyboard work with bands such as Karmakanic and Agents of Mercy and he was voted top five "Best keyboard player" by the readers in Classic Rock presents Prog Magazine 2012.

Nightscapes will be available on tour and the album will be officially released in the beginning of October. Pre-orders will soon be available at Reingold Records.com.

if left is wrong i don't wanna be right...
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 08:09
Very excited by this news! I loved his last two albums, but sadly missed out on the limited edition first pressing of the second CD with the bonus tracks!

Wonder if this one will have a limited edition extra disc as well?!
 Post Reply Post Reply