Topic ClosedNew Peart Book & DVD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Peart Book & DVD
    Posted: July 19 2005 at 17:08

Neil Peart has a new book and instructional DVD on the horizon.

Peart says:

• New Book: "As of July 1st, 2005, I have just finished the first draft of a book about the R30 tour, with the unwieldy title of ROADSHOW: Landscape With Drums, A Concert Tour By Motorcycle. (Hey, I just want the title to tell what it’s about!) The book is constructed around the 57 shows we did on that tour — all across the U.S., a couple in Canada, and 14 in Europe — plus the 20,000 miles of motorcycling I did between those shows, but it inevitably stretches out into the world around me. I’ll say no more about it yet, but judging by my past books, which have taken about 14 months to complete, I’ve got another six or eight months of work to do yet. The 'memory work' was the most urgent thing, as I felt kind of pressured to get the first draft down — didn’t want to forget anything — and now begins the difficult, but pleasurable, process of making it all 'nice.'"
  • New Instructional DVD: "In mid-July, I will start the filming of a new instructional DVD, this one to focus on the subject of drum soloing. The working title is Anatomy of a Drum Solo. It will be based around an intricately-filmed solo from R30, plus the Grammy-losing '“O Baterista!' from Rush in Rio, and will include a wide variety of other 'ghosts of solos past.' All that, and me talking about it all. (Maybe that’s a better title, 'Ellwood Explains It All.')"
  • Thanks to the very wonderful "powerwindows site" for the info

Gedhead View Drop Down
    Forum Senior Member
    Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 17:01

Excellent news!  Looks like Fall 2005 and 2006 are going to be full of RUSH!!!!!!DVD's of all the past live releases and now these treats.
     Post Reply Post Reply