Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Steven Wilson: 'Get All You Deserve' DVD/Blu-Ray
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteven Wilson: 'Get All You Deserve' DVD/Blu-Ray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steven Wilson: 'Get All You Deserve' DVD/Blu-Ray
    Posted: August 31 2012 at 17:39
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this on here (there MUST be somewhere I guess...but I couldn't find it Embarrassed)

From the kscope website, where pre-orders are being taken for a 24th September release: https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/4009/:

"Get All You Deserve is a high-definition 4 disc audio-visual set from Steven Wilson.

Directed by long-time visual collaborator Lasse Hoile, Get All You Deserve was filmed in Mexico City during the recent Grace For Drowning Tour. The set captures the spectacular live experience that Wilson and Hoile created for the tour on Blu-ray, DVD and 2CD.

Grace For Drowning was the second album released under Wilson's own name, following 2009's exceptionally well-received Insurgentes. The album, released in September 2011, entered the UK top 40 album chart at #34, both the Dutch and German national charts at #22, the US Billboard Rock album chart at #19 (#13 in independent chart) and debuted at #7 in the Polish national charts.

Following the release of Grace For Drowning, Steven embarked on his first ever solo tour, assembling a virtuoso band, featuring Marco Minnemann (drums), Nick Beggs (bass), Theo Travis (flute and sax), Adam Holzman (keys) and Niko Tsonev (guitars), to accompany him. For the shows he worked extensively with Lasse to create a show unlike anything else he had attempted with his other bands, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, No-Man or Bass Communion.

The shows immersed fans in a rich sensory experience: rear speakers provide surround-sound effects, giant screens show off Lasse's films made specifically to accompany these songs, and cutting-edge lighting designs giving texture to each song.

Get All You Deserve captures one of the key shows from the tour. Recorded at a sold-out Teatro Metropolitan in Mexico City, the gig features tracks from both Wilson's solo albums along with the new, as yet unreleased, track Luminol.

The limited deluxe edition of the 4 disc set (Blu-ray, DVD & 2CD) is packaged in a DVD sized hard-back 40 page book and is now available to pre-order from the Kscope store for the preorder price of £24.99 (+ P&P).

A standard ‘retail’ version of the 4 disc set will be in stores from September 24th and there will also single disc Blu-ray and DVD versions."
Tracklist:

1. Intro ('Citadel')
2. No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun
3. Index
4. Deform to Form a Star
5. Sectarian
6. Postcard
7. Remainder the Black Dog
8. Harmony Korine
9. Abandoner
10. Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye
11. Luminol
12. Veneno Para Las Hadas
13. No Part of Me
14. Raider II
15. Get All You Deserve
16. Outro ('Litany')

Samples:

Form an orderly queue please...  Tongue

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 18:24
The drums on these recordings sound so empty and flat - how disappointing. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 19:40
There is a good chance I will get this.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 03:24
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

The drums on these recordings sound so empty and flat - how disappointing. 

Have a listen to him trying his kit out on some Dream Theater material...

Ermm
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 11:27
Oh well, I had been thinking about going to that very concert, but somehow at the end I found it a bit complicated and just didn't go. Now I somewhat regret it (as a matter of fact, I regretted it since the beginning)... but well, I guess now at least I should buy this set (but it would be much better to have the video AND having attended the concert, it would be a prefect souvenier).
 Post Reply Post Reply