Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nektar release new album "Time Machine" (+ covers)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNektar release new album "Time Machine" (+ covers)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar release new album "Time Machine" (+ covers)
    Posted: September 16 2012 at 05:46
New album from one of my favourite groups is awaiting now to be realeased .Unfortunately it`s gonna take some time due to the release of the covers album. Considering that their last studio effort "Book of days" was prematurely published on the stage of being practically a demo, that the prior to this one, "Evolution", was so much better (a good album indeed) and word from Mr Roye Albrighton who says it`s their best album ever (what else should he say, anyway LOL ) I think we may be in for a real treat this time around!

"After completion of their latest studio album, Legendary Nektar announce it's name.

Mr Roye Albrighton informed press today that during an evening celebratory dinner with the Cleopatra Records team last night, they settled on the new name for what Roye has described as the "best album we have ever made". 

It is only after much deliberation that they come to this accord. Originally, during the concept phase, Roye has called it Juggernaut (track 9), then they were contemplating using the first track's title "A Better Way" as the whole band felt that it better describes how they all feel about this new era of renown for them. 
But in keeping with the ancient themes of the well loved Time element in Nektar's catalogue (their previous production being a massive covers album with huge guest stars called "A Spoonful Of Time" - release date Sept. 9 2012 - Cleopatra Records) they came to the conclusion that the whole album centres around the track entitled fittingly "TIME MACHINE".

Now that Nektar has a new lease of life it seems that the fan base is hungry for as much as they can get, screams for tours are endless on their website at http://nektar.us where you will find a old style forum, quaint but efficient.

So look out for the release date for TIME MACHINE according to the band and Cleopatra Records it is a stonker.

Time Machine
NEKTAR
1. A BETTER WAY
2. AMIGO
3. DESTINY
4. IF ONLY I COULD
5. MOCKING THE MOON
6. TIME MACHINE
7. TRANQUILITY
8. TALK TO ME
9. JUGGERNAUT
10. DIAMOND EYES"

Meanwhile, album full of covers "A Spoonful of Time" is out (on September 11), featuring plenty of famous guest musicians. (The groups originally performing the songs are my guesses):

1. Sirius featuring Michael Pinnella (Symphony X)
2. Riders On The Storm (The Doors) featuring Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big) • Rod Argent (The Zombies / Argent)
3. Dream Weaver (Gary Wright) featuring Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
4. Fly Like An Eagle (Steve Miller Band) featuring Joel Vandroogenbroek (Brainticket) • Geoff Downes (Asia / Yes)
5. Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) featuring Edgar Froese (Tangerine Dream)
6. Africa (Toto) featuring Bobby Kimball (Toto) • Patrick Moraz (The Moody Blues) • Joel Vandroogenbroek (Brainticket)
7. For The Love Of Money (The O`Jays) featuring John Wetton (Asia) • Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
8. Blinded By The Light (Bruce Springsteen) featuring Joakim Svalberg (Opeth) • Ginger Baker (Cream)
9. 2000 Light Years From Home (The Rolling Stones) featuring Simon House (Hawkwind)
10. I'm Not In Love (10cc) featuring Rick Wakeman (Yes) • Joel Vandroogenbroek (Brainticket)
11. Out Of The Blue (Roxy Music) featuring Simon House (Hawkwind)
12. Old Man (Neil Young) featuring David Cross (King Crimson)
13. Spirit Of The Radio (Rush) featuring Mark Kelly (Marillion)
14. Can't Find My Way Home (Blind Faith) featuring Steve Howe (Yes) • Derek Sherenian (Dream Theater/Black Country Communion) • Mel Collins (King Crimson)
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 09:04
Nice!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2012 at 16:56
Hi,

I'm so NOT tempted to get this ... but how the hell can anyone not want to check out Edgar Froese doing Pink Floyd ...
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply