Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

the importance of analog sound in prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the importance of analog sound in prog
    Posted: October 30 2013 at 08:51
Originally posted by Dean

LOL yup - I had to replace my copies of Dark Side of the Moon, Tubular Bells and Seventh Wave's Things To Come when I bought my first "good" turntable.

Gosh ... let's see ... 4 copies of Amon Duul 2's Wolf City, 2 copies of Can's Ege Bamyasi, 2 copies of Klaus Schulze's Mirage, 3 copies of Tangerine Dream's Phaedra, 2 copies of Stackridge's Mr Mick, 3 copies of Gong's You, probably 4 copies of Close to the Edge, and at least 2 copies of Atom Heart Mother, and ... 2 copies of "Live on Blueberry Hill" by Led Zeppelin ... the best  bootleg I have ever heard in my life. Lastly, 2 copies of at least one of the original Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy, that was delayed by you know who. And all this was with a very nice Pioneer turntable and a Stanton Cartridge that lasted 30 years after it cost me $300 dollars in 1978!

Probably more albums, too! I even came to dislike the CD version of Wolf City, with the song order backwards. Somehow, Side 2 at the front, did not sound as nice and fine as the album ever did! I thought the transition from Side 1 to Side 2 was perfect! And in the CD it didn't work backwards!

Edited by moshkito - October 30 2013 at 09:08
... none of the hits, none of the time ... you might actually find your own art, or self, and forego lousy heroes or Guru's!

www.pedrosena.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 09:30
Originally posted by moshkito

Originally posted by Dean

LOL yup - I had to replace my copies of Dark Side of the Moon, Tubular Bells and Seventh Wave's Things To Come when I bought my first "good" turntable.

Gosh ... let's see ... 4 copies of Amon Duul 2's Wolf City, 2 copies of Can's Ege Bamyasi, 2 copies of Klaus Schulze's Mirage, 3 copies of Tangerine Dream's Phaedra, 2 copies of Stackridge's Mr Mick, 3 copies of Gong's You, probably 4 copies of Close to the Edge, and at least 2 copies of Atom Heart Mother, and ... 2 copies of "Live on Blueberry Hill" by Led Zeppelin ... the best  bootleg I have ever heard in my life. Lastly, 2 copies of at least one of the original Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy, that was delayed by you know who. And all this was with a very nice Pioneer turntable and a Stanton Cartridge that lasted 30 years after it cost me $300 dollars in 1978!

Probably more albums, too! I even came to dislike the CD version of Wolf City, with the song order backwards. Somehow, Side 2 at the front, did not sound as nice and fine as the album ever did! I thought the transition from Side 1 to Side 2 was perfect! And in the CD it didn't work backwards!
Jon and Vangelis - The Friend Of Mr Cairo has the same mess on CD. Backward it doesn't work much.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738