FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthe importance of analog sound in prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 08:51
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

LOL yup - I had to replace my copies of Dark Side of the Moon, Tubular Bells and Seventh Wave's Things To Come when I bought my first "good" turntable.

Gosh ... let's see ... 4 copies of Amon Duul 2's Wolf City, 2 copies of Can's Ege Bamyasi, 2 copies of Klaus Schulze's Mirage, 3 copies of Tangerine Dream's Phaedra, 2 copies of Stackridge's Mr Mick, 3 copies of Gong's You, probably 4 copies of Close to the Edge, and at least 2 copies of Atom Heart Mother, and ... 2 copies of "Live on Blueberry Hill" by Led Zeppelin ... the best  bootleg I have ever heard in my life. Lastly, 2 copies of at least one of the original Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy, that was delayed by you know who. And all this was with a very nice Pioneer turntable and a Stanton Cartridge that lasted 30 years after it cost me $300 dollars in 1978!

Probably more albums, too! I even came to dislike the CD version of Wolf City, with the song order backwards. Somehow, Side 2 at the front, did not sound as nice and fine as the album ever did! I thought the transition from Side 1 to Side 2 was perfect! And in the CD it didn't work backwards!

Edited by moshkito - October 30 2013 at 09:08
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 09:30
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

LOL yup - I had to replace my copies of Dark Side of the Moon, Tubular Bells and Seventh Wave's Things To Come when I bought my first "good" turntable.

Gosh ... let's see ... 4 copies of Amon Duul 2's Wolf City, 2 copies of Can's Ege Bamyasi, 2 copies of Klaus Schulze's Mirage, 3 copies of Tangerine Dream's Phaedra, 2 copies of Stackridge's Mr Mick, 3 copies of Gong's You, probably 4 copies of Close to the Edge, and at least 2 copies of Atom Heart Mother, and ... 2 copies of "Live on Blueberry Hill" by Led Zeppelin ... the best  bootleg I have ever heard in my life. Lastly, 2 copies of at least one of the original Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy, that was delayed by you know who. And all this was with a very nice Pioneer turntable and a Stanton Cartridge that lasted 30 years after it cost me $300 dollars in 1978!

Probably more albums, too! I even came to dislike the CD version of Wolf City, with the song order backwards. Somehow, Side 2 at the front, did not sound as nice and fine as the album ever did! I thought the transition from Side 1 to Side 2 was perfect! And in the CD it didn't work backwards!
Jon and Vangelis - The Friend Of Mr Cairo has the same mess on CD. Backward it doesn't work much.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Surrealist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 02:38

Jimmy Page on Vinyl and why he's done with hardrives.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/4188750
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 05:03
Originally posted by Surrealist Surrealist wrote:

Jimmy Page on Vinyl and why he's done with hardrives.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/4188750

Is this the same Jimmy Page that DIDN'T use the original master tapes but the digital remastered versions for the new Led Zeppelin Vinyl re-issues???
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Surrealist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 19:33
I think it's a different Jimmy Page... the one that said he is DONE with hardrives.

Don't you trust Jimmy?
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 20:08
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

Is this the same Jimmy Page that DIDN'T use the original master tapes but the digital remastered versions for the new Led Zeppelin Vinyl re-issues??? 

Well, didn't Steven Wilson explain this, rather lucidly, to you all:

The Creator has a master tape
But He left it in the cab 

Case closed Tongue
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 19:17
I'm gonna say one thing. I cannot live without my DAC (Digital Analog Converter.) especially for headphone listening.

It is an essential part of my music listening experience. Can't be out of the equation of my sound chain or it all goes to sh*t. Lol.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738