Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2012 at 15:09
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Originally posted by Meurgley Meurgley wrote:

Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

My question was rhetorical (not to be taken literally).

Sorry, it's sometimes hard to tell.

No worries! There are so many non-English speakers here that the language barrier will occasionally cause confusion about the wording!

Anyway, there has been a response to Andy Tillison's brief - Luke Machin has said his piece and contrary to my concern that there had been a fall-out, there hasn't.

Now the dust has settled after a week or so of the disband of The Tangent, I think now is the time to share my views. First and foremost The Tangent has been a wonderful ride, a journey full of experiences and exciting times. This has been the greatest musical journey of my life so far and I have to owe this all to the man behind the music Mr. Andy Tillison. I know Andy more than most and after sp
ending hours and hours in the studio co-producing COMM with the man, there was never a raised voice or an argument in view. Andy has without a doubt given my musical career the platform to stand on and perform to the highest level to date, this will never be forgotten and will always be remembered.

I'm not going sit here typing all the disagreements because who wants to read that?
I certainly wouldn't want to read about the ins and outs of a split from one of my favourite bands. But I do want to stress that this was certainly not Dan's, Tony's or my de
cision to make, this got taken out of our hands during the middle of this year.
The upcoming shows with IO Earth were all booked and confirmed and Myself, Dan and Tony were all set to go, physically, mentally and financially. Saying that this split was a geographical/financial decision was true, but true for one person.
Myself, Dan and Tony offered to do a last show at The Peel or The Robin 2 because we wanted to perform one last time for the fans that have known The Tangent and loved this latest incarnation. At this time though, this was completely taken out of our hands and we were so disappointed that we couldn't play for you one last time. I have to thank all the fans that have supported this lineup and who have taken the time to travel far and wide to come to our live shows and to listen to our releases COMM & Going off on 2. This will never be forgotten. When I first joined the band Andy said to me that this was more of a studio band, meaning The Tangent concentrate on releasing studio albums rather than live shows. When Dan & Tony joined the band, The Tangent live shows became a whole new experience and got huge responses from the audience at each and every concert. This was the best Tangent band for many different reasons but mainly because we had such a good time and the four of us really enjoyed each others company.

It is a sad way to end this but a breath of fresh air at the same time because I have gained knowledge, experience and most of all a lot of friends on my musical journey. Maschine is now, and Maschine are ready to hit the studio to record our debut album which we have some incredibly exciting news to follow next month.
So turns a new chapter where there is a silver lining to every black cloud.
I'm sure you'll want to join us on this journey because it's going to be one hell of a ride!
Peace Out
L x

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2012 at 21:42
That's a very respectable reply from Luke. Anyone who's watched the live DVD `Going Off On Two' would see right before their eyes the making of a total future progressive rock star in Luke. A potential new Steve Hillage right there. There was a real joy and love evident in his performance too. A guy that young to have so much talent as a musician is scary-good, and hugely inspiring.

Looking forward to his next move, and interested to find out how Maschine end up sounding!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12