Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPascal Languirand (Canada/Electronic)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pascal Languirand (Canada/Electronic)
    Posted: October 12 2012 at 16:43
Here is something Pascal's first album, one track on the album is even completely acoustic and guitars are present here and there which sometimes remind me of Ozric Tentacles a bit (like the song "Orient"), but I still think the base of everything is in the electronic genre. And yes, later on he did some more new agey and soundtrack stuffs but a lot of PE artists seem to do so at one point in their career, I don't know if that's going to make him a sketchy suggestion.

And something from second.

Sensorium from the soundtrack "Vivre Ici Maintenant ".

Some info from here: http://www.amazings.com/articles/article0017.html

Pascal Languirand is one of the most important avantgarde composers from Canada. Since his first album, in 1978, he has proved his imagination in everything he has done, from soundtracks for television to dance electronic music as is the case of his song Living on Video (Trans-X), which sold more than two million copies, and which got a platinum disc in Mexico.

In 1978 his first album, Minos, was released. According to him, it was not difficult for him to get it released. He attributes this ease at the fact that back then electronic music was something new, something that attracted a lot of attention, which is why his television appearances were quite frequent, and he was often interviewed about his peculiar musical style.

With his second album, De Harmonia Universalia, in 1980, he shaped one of the most typical traits of identity of his music: the abolishing of the frontiers of time. He merged, with an astonishing perfection, Gregorian chants and cosmic melodies with synthesizers, thus creating a style that has been defined as the New Classical Romanticism. He defined his musical concept as "Music from a rising civilization."

lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2012 at 16:58
I knew Canada for its folk, AOR, hard-rock and extreme metal scenes, but not for anything electronic. Good to know that there are such a diversity in this country.
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
 Post Reply Post Reply