Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for fantasy Prog Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 20:53
Oh yeah, and since you are into this kind of things, I might sugest a possible next project, the film "Excalibur" matched to the Rick Wakeman album "Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table". Though it would have the problem that Sir Gallahad is mentioned in Wakeman's album, while he is omitted from the film. I still wish that an adequate film (or trilogy of films) would be released about King Arthur... and it would be a dream if Wakeman's music were used in such a project (adapted, of course, for a film format).
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 09:10
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

For me, the movie Avatar should be matched to Yes and Yes related music, indeed. I mean, just look at their covers.

This is the main reason why I will not see that film ... Jim Cameron is the proto-typical Hollywood rip-off artist ... and he is not big enough and good enough to credit the real artist for the inspiration ... the whole design is almost a complete copy of rip off of Dean's books and art!

But I think that Dean will be remembered 500 years from now and Jim Cameron won't ... so no worries there ... go ahead thief ... steal all you want!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 12:09
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

...For me, the movie Avatar should be matched to Yes and Yes related music, indeed. I mean, just look at their covers.

This is the main reason why I will not see that film ... Jim Cameron is the proto-typical Hollywood rip-off artist ... and he is not big enough and good enough to credit the real artist for the inspiration ... the whole design is almost a complete copy of rip off of Dean's books and art!

But I think that Dean will be remembered 500 years from now and Jim Cameron won't ... so no worries there ... go ahead thief ... steal all you want!

It would have been great too if they had gotten Roger Dean to desing the world too. That would have been a Yes dream come true.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 01:47

Originally posted by Gugliemo Gugliemo wrote:

Hehe, I absolutely adore Ayreon. I listened to The Final Experiment about 20 times when i first discovered it last year. :)In regards to this project, at the moment I'm very much liking the sound of both Olias of Sunhillow and Relayer. Having skimmed through most of the Yes discography tonight I can't really find anything in their cataglogue that works as well as these two. I listened to some of Anderson's Toltec (a similar native american vibe which sits with Avatar's visuals nicely) but really didn't like it, he seems to have moved away from a lot of what I like about his music and towards something too lyrical and more pop-ish. Any suggestions for other albums with a similar sound to Sunhillow/ Relayer?

For me, the movie Avatar should be matched to Yes and Yes related music, indeed. I mean, just look at their covers. However, I would say that the album that would fit the movie the best would be Close to the Edge (even the name goed well with the floating iselands), though I must confess I haven't heard Olias yet, so I wouldn't know if it would fit better. My feeling is that it would work nicely to use more than one album, I may suggest to try using Close to the Edge, Olias, and the song "The Gates of Delirium" from relayer, at least. Oh yeah, and perhaps the song "Starship Trooper" would work nicely too, check it out. I feel the parts of the song "Close to the Edge" where the "I get up, I get down" parts are being sung would work nicely on the parts in which the main character is learning to fly (just forgot his name). And you and I may work nicely with the parts that are somewhat more romantic. "Gates of Delirium" would be perfect for the battle scenes. "Starship Trooper" for the parts in which the human army arrive. Of course, I don't have any idea about how to use the Olias parts.

That would cool as sh*t! Make the movie so much better. Beautiful idea!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123