FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSumdeus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sumdeus
    Posted: October 25 2012 at 15:06
[if i messed up please move this thread, it kinda seemed like this might be deemed an "official release" but i'm still unsigned and not making any money so i figure it would fit in here]

hello, hope you don't mind too much but I really wanna try and spread around my music. This is my first legit full-length but i have a lot of misc stuff on the bandcamp too

http://sumdeus.bandcamp.com/album/speak-to-me-breathe

anyways, let me actually tell some things about myself and my music. I am a young aspiring musician from the Bay Area (located just a little south of San Francisco)
My music is an eclectic mix of many styles but predominantly rooted in things of the psychedelic and experimental nature, focusing on improvised jamming and many different colorful textures and atmospheres. I am a deep lover of the classic psychedelic and progressive music of the 60's and 70's and I try to capture some of the magic i hear within that music in my own creations, although I always try to stay aware of if I'm doing something new or just blatantly worshiping the bands of old.
All of the music was recorded by me in my bedroom, so I prefer to keep a more easy-going natural feel rather than making things mechanically precise and perfected. I don't think this album is something that will sound incredible to anyone else but me but I think it might be interesting to some and at the least it can show my potential for future music. All of the material was finished before my 18th birthday this past august. As you can see I am quite young so this is just the beginning, I am already working on two more full-lengths along all the other music projects I keep going regularly.

anyways that's about it. I hope I don't come off as trying to sell the album too much, i really don't want to seem like i'm just trying to promote for myself. I'm not concerned with making money from it and I'm not really even concerned with seeing my project on progarchives, I just really really want to find a way to share it with the people who enjoy similar music. I have gotten a handful of amazing responses from different people so i know there ARE people who can really enjoy it and feel it, just finding them is the tricky part. also if you dig it i really would love it if you checked out some of my other bandcamp releases. I don't think any of them are quite on par with the album but there's still some interesting things. They're also not quite the same style of music either, most of the other releases are kinda experimental electronic ambient things and if you go farther back there's more acoustic stuff, but no matter what you try I can guarantee there will be the distinct Sumdeus atmosphere.

Edited by Sumdeus - October 25 2012 at 15:09
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 12:36
Listening to the 'Speak To Me, Breathe' album right now, and this is fine Psychedelic stuff indeed imho. I see no reason at all why you can't be evaluated for inclusion in our database in Psyche/Space Rock. The fact that you're unsigned and your album is free to download on bandcamp isn't an issue at all - as long as the team consider it to be prog, and 70% or more of them vote in favour, then you're in. DamoXt7942 is one of the main men in the Psyche/Space team, and he regularly pops into this forum to check stuff out. He will give you a definite 'yay' or 'nay' regarding whether or not your stuff is fit for their sub very soon, I've no doubt...but it's certainly thumbs up from me.  Thumbs Up
The Mystical View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 05:23
I really like this release.

Ying Yang
I am currently digging:

Hawkwind, Rare Bird, Gong, Tangerine Dream, Khan, Iron Butterfly, and all things canterbury and hard-psych. I also love jazz!

Please drop me a message with album suggestions.
Sumdeus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 15:26
awesome, thank you! surprised people are still checking it out lol.
Sumdeus - surreal space/psych/prog journeys
The Mystical View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 03:43
I really hope that this gets an inclusion on Progarchives. It is assured a review from me.
I am currently digging:

Hawkwind, Rare Bird, Gong, Tangerine Dream, Khan, Iron Butterfly, and all things canterbury and hard-psych. I also love jazz!

Please drop me a message with album suggestions.
Sumdeus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 14:53
hope it's alright to resurrect this, i have a new album and wanted to share. wasn't sure where to make a new thread or if i should and remembered this old thread would still be here, figured i'd just post in here. a couple people here liked the first one so i thought maybe you guys might dig this new one too.

so anyways here is the new album, A Scene Of Peace And Beauty. similar vein as the last one but more expansive, some bigger jams and also i'd say a bigger variety of sounds. anyways hope someone might check this out and dig some of it

http://sumdeus.bandcamp.com/album/a-scene-of-peace-and-beauty

one good description I've heard so far is "Grateful Dead + krautrock + Acid Mothers Temple", and I approve.

Edited by Sumdeus - April 30 2014 at 14:56
Sumdeus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 04:18
if it's alright for me to double post, I have a new album finished much less jammy and more electronic, a lot of spacey dreamy atmospheres, mostly synth adventures with some acoustic guitars here and there. it's actually some old material from about three years ago that i'm finally getting mixed & mastered. figured i'd post here on the off chance someone will see this and have a listen

https://sumdeus.bandcamp.com/album/dream-quest
 Post Reply Post Reply