15 [16.48%]
11 [12.09%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 21:05

wow, think maybe these guys took the term 'stoner rock' just a liiiiittle bit too seriously ?

Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

Appropriate

geneyesontle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 21:56
I've never been intrested in smoking. Even ones with water vapor, I just don't get it. Probably a waste of life.
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 23:45
Originally posted by geneyesontle geneyesontle wrote:

...Probably a waste of life.

"Probably" is a poor word chose, as it may offend those who partake in smoking and do not beleive that they are wasting their life. Now, can it ruin some peoples lives? Sure it could, but all drugs have that possibility, both legal and illegal ones. What it really boils down to is the individuals level of responsibility. Smoking pot isn't for everyone, and those who do not smoke or dislike it should be careful when they express their opinions about those who do smoke. I enjoy smoking weed, you don't, end of conversation. I should not and do not advocate smoking weed, so treat me with that same respect and keep your opinions about pot smokers/weed to yourself. The thread, I do believe, is about your experience with weed, positive or negative. Not a thread about how you feel about it.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 23:51
Once upon a time... oh I forgot :)

What was the middle part???

Edited by Slartibartfast - November 09 2012 at 23:52
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 01:12

Magma America Great Make Again
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 01:34
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

"Probably" is a poor word chose, as it may offend those who partake in smoking and do not beleive that they are wasting their life. Now, can it ruin some peoples lives? Sure it could, but all drugs have that possibility, both legal and illegal ones. What it really boils down to is the individuals level of responsibility. Smoking pot isn't for everyone, and those who do not smoke or dislike it should be careful when they express their opinions about those who do smoke. I enjoy smoking weed, you don't, end of conversation. I should not and do not advocate smoking weed, so treat me with that same respect and keep your opinions about pot smokers/weed to yourself. The thread, I do believe, is about your experience with weed, positive or negative. Not a thread about how you feel about it.

Here is what I do not understand: how is he being offensive? He was trying to avoid that by using the word "probably". ... But it's not very important. ... It just confuses me.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - November 10 2012 at 01:37
Sumdeus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 03:58
I could make an endless list of people who were complete potheads and most certainly did not waste their lives... He may not have been trying to be blatantly offensive but he's still obviously being close minded if he thinks it's probably a waste of life.
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 04:17
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Here is what I do not understand: how is he being offensive? He was trying to avoid that by using the word "probably". ... But it's not very important. ... It just confuses me.
Let me clarify this, if you use it on a regular basis, it is a wast of live.
But you could like it so much, that you dont care, just like i do with cigarettes.

Edited by tamijo - November 10 2012 at 04:33
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
refugee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 05:53
Luckily I don’t have any problems with weed on my balcony. It’s worse if you have a garden, I guess.

But seriously: I used to smoke in my youth but stopped after a couple of bad experiences.
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)
Neelus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 13:17
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 13:59
Originally posted by tamijo tamijo wrote:

But you could like it so much, that you dont care, just like i do with cigarettes.

This is your opinion, not fact. Explain to me, opinions aside, how it is a waste of life.

Nobody knows what life is truly about, and for each individual it may be different, so saying smoking is a waste of life, to me, comes off as a bit arrogant. When other peoples' actions deviate from your set of morals and values please do not assume they are wasting their life, rather, accept that everyones journey through life is different, and in the end, you know as much about the meaning of life as any other person, regardless of what drugs they take.
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:06

This is your opinion, not fact. Explain to me, opinions aside, how it is a waste of life.

Nobody knows what life is truly about, and for each individual it may be different, so saying smoking is a waste of life, to me, comes off as a bit arrogant. When other peoples' actions deviate from your set of morals and values please do not assume they are wasting their life, rather, accept that everyones journey through life is different, and in the end, you know as much about the meaning of life as any other person, regardless of what drugs they take.
Ok : My experince is negative - its a waiste of life
Now its my experince with Weed - happy ? 

On a side note, if you want people to keep their opinions to them self, internet forums is just not the right place, it will never happen

Edited by tamijo - November 10 2012 at 14:09
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:09
^Waste of time maybe, but waste of life? Nah!
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:09

Probably: Almost certainly, as far as one knows or can tell.

I said it was a poor word choice. If he were to simply say "It is my opinion that people who smoke weed are wasting their lives" I wouldn't even had responded, because opinions can not be refuted. But he didn't say that, he said that as far as he can tell, with almost certainty, that smoking is a waste of life. In addition to this he admitting that he hasn't smoked before, ever (not to be misconstrued as a bad thing) But I do believe that would make him ignorant on the subject of whether or not smoking is a waste of life. 

zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:13

Ok : My experince is negative - its a waiste of my life

On a side note, if you want people to keep their opinions to them self, internet forums is just not the right place, it will never happen

Can you accept that people can smoke weed and not be wasting their lives?
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:15

Yes, i dont know about everybodys life, as i said before it a choice.
But if you think you can smoke 5-6 big joints a day, without hurting you helth, id say you are not taking a realistic view on things. 

Edited by tamijo - November 10 2012 at 14:19
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:21
I can tell you what a waste of life is...........putting people in jail for smoking it......and I believe that is the opinion of the majority of Americans.
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:27

But if you think you can smoke 5-6 big joints a day, without hurting you helth, id say you are not taking a realistic view on things. 

Where did you say anything about it being a choice? What I read was that you had a negative experience with weed, said it was a waste of life, then applied that to everyone who smokes...

And as for the joints, you are correct in saying that smoking (anything) is bad for your health. But marijuana can be consumed or vaporize with little to no negative health effects. I think it is you who are not taking a realistic view on things. Assuming everyones experience with weed must be exactly like yours' is ridiculous.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:30

Must be some real bunco stuff if you gotta smoke 5 or 6 big joints a day, hope none of that stuff makes it to Washington state.
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:32
Amen to that. Nice to see another person from the Olympic Peninsula on the forums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>