Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMythodea - Progressive Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mythodea - Progressive Metal
    Posted: November 01 2012 at 17:52
Ok. Mythodea is a super-band, whose mastermind is the Greek composer and guitarist Christos Nikolaou. They basically do symphonic progressive metal music. Their album will be sold on several digital platforms. Some notable,  musicians such as Steve Digiorgio, Charlie Zeleny and John West (ex-Royal Hunt, Artension) are on the line-up and there are bunch of other guest musicians such as Vitalij Kuprij and Mistheria on the album. Their debut is out on 2'nd of November.

Here are some links about their music (the youtube links are uploaded and shared by Christos himself, anyway if that creates a problem, I'll delete them.)

Edited by Xymphony - November 01 2012 at 17:58
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 13:38
hello, my dearest neighbour ;-)

It sounds like they might have a chance for progressive metal, but the samples so far are limited, the line-up seems impressive and the music too. It seems my compatriot has done a good job

We will evaluate them but put them on "Discuss" for now and wait for a few more samples. When/if these become available please bump this thread or send me a PM

Big smile
Xymphony View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 16:11
Hi dear friend,

I love progarchives, but its some kind of weird how their progressivity can be discussed, when Nightwish is on the archives. :D Maybe the full song they shared is less progressive, but it must be the striking and catchy song to be chosen so as to be memorable on the first listen. They are more progressive than at least %70 of progressive metal bands. I'll pm Christos if he can upload another song that's more progressive. Youtube links aren't a problem if uploaded by the member of the band, right? Thanks. :)

Edited by Xymphony - November 02 2012 at 16:12
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 17:44
IMO the progressivity of any band should always be discussed before accepted in PA - this happens for all bands, it might not have happened in a few occasions in the past. Again IMO, Nightwish should not have been here in the first place but I was not a collaborator then and this is only my opinion...

On the other hand, the argument of "this band is in PA, so this band should also be..." has been exhausted and universally accepted in PA circles as not valid for a number of reasons which I will not go through Wink but I do see your point.

We cannot decide just on a single sample, so any help is appreciated. If the samples are on youtube, it is youtube's problem to decide whether there is an issue with them, we will just judge from what's available
Xymphony View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 18:02
OK, i got what you've said. And i think i guess some of those "number of reasons" and probably would agree with most of'em. Embarrassed

I'll tell him if he's interested to upload one more song, and wait what happens. Smile

Have a good night.
Xymphony View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 18:14
I sent an pm to you aapatsos.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 18:21
ok, sorry did not check Spotify before - they are there, now we can fully evaluate, thanks!

Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply