Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteve Hackett gig in La Mirada California,USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Hackett gig in La Mirada California,USA
    Posted: November 16 2012 at 13:20
CalProg has announced the ONLY Southern California venue for the Genesis Revisited II world tour at The La Mirada Performing Arts Theater. Tickets went on sale today. It's a small theater with less than 1800 reserved seats. ACT IMMEDIATELY if you love the old prog Genesis, as this is the closest we will ever come to THE actual reunion, which IMO will never happen. Even this is a dream come true, seeing one of the creators of the classic old songs performing some of the greatest songs from the once great band. DO-NOT-MISS!

http://www.calprog.com/
"Day dawns dark, it now numbers infinity"
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 14:38
Only about 400 miles from me - too far and on a bad night.  I hope he adds a show for NorCal.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
DaleHauskins View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 15:29
I'm hoping,and praying that my dear old long time friend,fantastic keyboardist Nick Magnus http://www.magnus-music.com comes on this tour and does this performance with Steve near my home town of Pico Rivera,east Los Angeles !!

Tschüß,ciao und Liebi Grüess zämeee vo de Los Angeles Kalifornische gitarristen Dale.

Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432
https://artistecard.com/Dalehauskins

Dennis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 18:32
No, sorry, Roger King will be the keyboardist for the entire tour, and again the La Mirada gig will be the only in the entire Los Angeles area. Pico Rivera is only a few miles away from this venue. As much as I like Magnus, with THIS show Roger will be quite sufficient. 
JesusisLord View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 03:59
My Brother bought me a ticket..... Just got to travel 3000 miles to redeem it..... Haven't seen Hackett since the Defector tour, but been loving Genesis Revisted II....Might have to leave the rock...
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:11
Alagar Samy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Spam Obscurity from Bangladesh

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 23:15
It seems bound to be a great experience for anyone up to it.

I wonder what would have me more interested if I could go, seeing Yes or Seeing Steve Hackette playing old Genesis songs.

I have to admit I loved Brand X in it’s hey day of the 70s and early 80s, even saw them open up for JM  at the old Morris Stage in NJ.
For me there was only one Brand X and it was then.
But to keep resurrecting the name etc Ugh, I get tired of hearing it
Interesting to note that either marketing or the old ” I get my name on the bill or I’m not in the band “  thing  coming to light here with Sancious ( yes a great musician) name up front.

EDIT: Spam links removed (DX)

Edited by DamoXt7942 - April 07 2013 at 18:11
Dennis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 11:18
[QUOTE=Alagar Samy]

I wonder what would have me more interested if I could go, seeing Yes or Seeing Steve Hackett playing old Genesis songs.

OMG! Go see Hackett! YES still plays their old worn out songs with new players all of the time. THIS (Hackett) will again be the ONLY time you will ever see the old, never worn out, live classic Genesis songs performed by one of the creators EVER again. To miss out on this event would be like throwing away a winning lotto ticket! 
 Post Reply Post Reply