Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Igorrr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 07:58
I've tossed it back to the METAL team, I'm expecting a move to usbut I haven't listened to the whole album yet, so I can be wrong
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 08:43
Oh I think Igorrr is certainly coming back to us, seems like a fit on first listen.

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - March 29 2018 at 17:37
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 16:58
Igorrr's been rejected in RIO / Avant Team previously, so they need three unanimous "YES" votes via their recent album. Now checking ...

EDIT: Now under eval in Metal Team.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - March 30 2018 at 17:36
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 06:46
So where is it going next? eclectic would be the last one that I can think of but no if it ends somewhere then it has to be avant
Shrek the Progre View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek the Progre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 11:35
After I heard some Aphex Twin I went after more inside the IDM scene. Given that I always liked Drum and Bass I became really interested in this IDM subgenre that they call "Drill n Bass" and the derived genre Breakcore, and eventually found Igorrr.

And that is why I think the most similar artist we have here is Squarepusher. He basically makes IDM, most notably Drill, with jazz/rock referentials. Igorrr does IDM, mostly breakcore, with metal referentials.

To find them listed here was a big coincidence, since I never thought of them as prog rockers. Nevertheless I think both are very fair additions, since more than set structures and aesthetics Prog Rock is about trying different things with Rock.

Two problems:
- Squarepusher had his place in the Jazz Rock section, Igorrr on the other hand won't have such an easy classification at PA (I'd agree with something more broad such as xover, eclectic or even avantgarde). but since they are primarily electronica producers, by my analogy they'd be Electronic Prog - they just dont have anything to do with the Electronic Prog tradition, but they are one and the other.
- Both sample music, but Squarepusher's is organic - he samples his own playing. One could say that Igorrr is just a IDM producer that likes to sample metal.

edit: nevermind, drums and guitars are his work (vocals might be too)

Edited by Shrek the Progre - June 09 2018 at 08:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 13:17
In my country Igorrrr is a very popular artist and accepted as prog rock (Germany). At least on this site:

http://babyblaue-seiten.de/album_16819.html

Any one of you know them xD ?

DarrowshireDed View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrowshireDed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2018 at 22:46
Igorrr has to be in my top 5 prog artists, Hallelujah is a prog masterpiece if you ask me. I don't understand why they aren't in the prog archives yet, they are most certainly prog, I can't think of any other genre they could be.
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2018 at 05:44
Originally posted by DarrowshireDed DarrowshireDed wrote:

Igorrr has to be in my top 5 prog artists, Hallelujah is a prog masterpiece if you ask me. I don't understand why they aren't in the prog archives yet, they are most certainly prog, I can't think of any other genre they could be.

Because we can't make our mind if they belong in Prog Metal or Eclectic or not  at all here. For me, I would give them a Yes at least in the Prog Archives.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Baphomet6 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baphomet6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2018 at 01:46
I'm not an expert but i would go with Avant-Prog
Definitely difficult to classify, but i find Igorrr a lot more alike to Naked City than to King Crimson.
Igorrr is extremely experimental, not dissonant but unpredictable and very eclectic.
Personally i feel like it is a band that totally belong here
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2018 at 05:12
Originally posted by Baphomet6 Baphomet6 wrote:

Definitely difficult to classify, but i find Igorrr a lot more alike to Naked City than to King Crimson.
Igorrr is extremely experimental, not dissonant but unpredictable and very eclectic.

They have been rejected by the rio team a long time ago...

Emile M. Cioran

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2018 at 10:56
It has to be a Metal Inclusion, because it is definitely metal; Death Metal blast beats and metal riffs are the base of the music also metal base and chords very often, so I dont see why it should be anything else than metal. But definitely Experimental Metal like whourkr (also one of igorrrs projects)

edit: sorry for the second base... makes it seem stupid huh? xD.

edit: plus a lot of growls. metal is really a constant part in his music i think.

edit: only listened the new one, btw ...

Edited by GrafHaarschnitt - July 01 2018 at 11:08
Baphomet6 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baphomet6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 13:07
I think that probably it would fit in the experimental/post-metal category, definetely experimental, and, like the guy said the metal elements are always there.
Being a really dificult one to classify I think experimental is the best way to describe it. It also has Its elements of avant-garde like bands that are in this category: maudlin of the well and sight to put some examples.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 14:02
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Originally posted by Baphomet6 Baphomet6 wrote:

They have been rejected by the rio team a long time ago...

Correct, back in 2013, they have since released another album which makes them available for reconsideration, we'd need 3 YES' to approve them on that basis. My suggestion is see if Experimental Metal accept them, if not the Avant team will relook at them.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2018 at 04:35
I think I should add this band to stop the eternal debate since they have a large discography who else is going to add this on PA. Experimental/Post-Metal is the best fit.  I will submit the band again.

Emile M. Cioran

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 04:35
Thanks man, finally : )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12