Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2018 at 19:31
at least there's no f**king smog.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 08:30
We're being hailed from above! After temperatures rising to almost 31°C we have thunder, rain and ice cubes with sizes up to 1".
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2018 at 04:07
The beginning of the astronomical summer feels more or less like the middle of the meteorological autumn here.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2018 at 07:22
Orange alert for heat exceptional: the 35°C has been reached here. This has happened only six times before since the beginning of the 20th century (or four, according to the recently released lists that are modified in order to support the climate doctrine).

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 14:10
We did it Evil Smile!

A maximum temperature of 26,3°C was reached today on the main weather station of the Netherlands (at biking distance from my home).

The previous record for the latest summer day in the year was 10 October (1921). A summer day is a day with a maximum temperature of 25,0°C or higher here.

And curse those captcha's - they've returned!

Edited by someone_else - October 13 2018 at 14:11
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2019 at 20:37
No snow here where i am in Oregon as of 2019 - but they are forecasting some heavy snow this weekend

record collector View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote record collector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2019 at 21:35
I'm in Are in the northern part of Sweden at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2019 and here is meters... meters of snow and 15 celsius degrees below zero and ca 80% RH.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2019 at 11:16
I experienced a sleet downpour last night, fell on my ass, and slid into a purple hippopotamus wearing a necktie.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2019 at 16:46
It has been unusually cold here for almost four weeks.

But I think I've found the culprit:

Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2019 at 17:01
^ Soros looks like just the kind of person who would hate the summer. :(

Also, what was the name of that site where you could fetch weather information from? I used to have a thing on my toolbar that would show the temperature and some description like raining/sunny/foggy or something like that but I think I didn't bother to add it when I switched from awesome to dwm. It took a four-letter code for the city or weather station or something like that and there was list of the codes somewhere online.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 02:14
^I am not familiar with this four-letter site. I usually use Dutch sites, and sometimes wunderground.com for world weather.

Time for a weather update: the predominant Gretelsväder with northern winds and relatively low temperatures are alternating with one or two pleasant days now and then, but we're still waiting for the first day with a summer temperature (25,0°C or more). Maybe next weekend...
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 00:01
it's finally pleasant to be outside again
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 07:24
Warnsveld has fallen!
This image by Ed Unitsky depicts the situation here quite well.

The absolute maximum temperature record in the Netherlands, dating from 23 August 1944, has just been broken. Previous value: 38.6°C, current 39.3°C.

Gretel, you're welcome to cool my country down

Updates may be given from now on to next Friday.

Edited by someone_else - July 24 2019 at 13:20
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 10:51
^Wow, that's Europe's second heatwave in two months. Stay cool!

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 13:26
The French have had their share recently. Here in the Low Countries it is the first one.

Here in the Netherlands we speak about a heatwave when their are five or more days with maximum temperatures of at least 25°C (77°F) of which at least three have maximums of 30°C (86°F) or higher.

CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 13:38
In France, we're dealing with the real deal: 40°C and over in many places - including the Atlantic coast.
So, as I am a Metal Fan, I do my part and wave my arms towards people so they can cool down.

Not sure it's working, though.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 16:50
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

In France, we're dealing with the real deal: 40°C and over in many places - including the Atlantic coast.
So, as I am a Metal Fan, I do my part and wave my arms towards people so they can cool down.

Being a Metal fan, you should just twirl faster. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 01:07
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Maybe the real deal is creeping up far enough north to reach our southern borders today. Belgium just missed it yesterday (39.9°C), Germany had 40.5°C, both new records. I'll keep you informed.

By the way, your avatar fits in well with what you write .

Edited by someone_else - July 25 2019 at 01:21
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 01:52
It's hot as hell here in NH!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 07:28
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Warnsveld has fallen!
This image by Ed Unitsky depicts the situation here quite well.

The absolute maximum temperature record in the Netherlands, dating from 23 August 1944, has just been broken. Previous value: 38.6°C, current 39.3°C.

Gretel, you're welcome to cool my country down

Updates may be given from now on to next Friday.

The real deal has arrived! The new record is 40.7°C.

Edited by someone_else - July 25 2019 at 11:21
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>