Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Reformation - Self-Titled Debut Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote reformationband Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Reformation - Self-Titled Debut Album
    Posted: January 13 2013 at 10:16
Hello! Our band just got added to Prog Archives, so I would like to invite you all to listen to and review our self-titled debut album "The Reformation".  We are a female-fronted Eclectic Prog band that formed in Pittsburgh but are now based in San Francisco, and we'd love to get some feedback from real prog fans! Smile

Recommended for anybody who likes King Crimson, Janis Joplin, (Syd Barrett era) Pink Floyd, The Soft Machine, Van der Graaf Generator, Hawkwind, Tool, Jimi Hendrix, The Alan Parsons Project, Parliament-Funkadelic, or Supertramp.

Originally called Mechanical Overload, The Reformation was formed in Pittsburgh, PA in 2008 by multi-instrumentalist Matt Penco, drummer Kyle Brower, bassist Fred Carneiro, and vocalist Bruce Jackson as a Rage Against the Machine cover band. In the spring of 2008, they began to write material for what eventually became part of The Reformation's first album. They started recording the instrumental tracks a year later, but production ceased with Jackson's departure in mid-2010.

The addition of Caroline Schneider in late 2010 prompted the reformation of the old group, and a new direction. The band completed writing and recording their debut album in the summer of 2011, but Carneiro left the band before its release. He was temporarily replaced with multi-instrumentalist Jason Larkin (who was previously in a progressive metal band with Brower and Carneiro), and was permanently replaced by multi-instrumentalist Dan Miller.

They released their debut album, The Reformation, on August 18, 2011 and toured the Pennsylvania area to promote it. Their second album, Fatal Expectation, is slated for a spring 2013 release.

You can listen to the album at our bandcamp page: http://reformation.bandcamp.com

Edited by reformationband - January 13 2013 at 10:29
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Post/Math Rock Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 10:59
I listened to Between Two Times and loved it. Great feel throughout and i love Caroline's voice. 
acdc7369 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Quote acdc7369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 09:00
Great band.

Edited by acdc7369 - July 29 2013 at 15:39
acdc7369 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Quote acdc7369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:50
bump
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 10:10
I came across it on PA a while ago and listened some tracks on Youtube. I found quite enjoyable. Maybe I'll give it a review one day. It would certainly be worth listening again...
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams

Post Options Post Options   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 23:18
I'd actually like to review your new album, "Fatal Expectation".  Where can I get a copy?
The Prog Mind:

*For those who love meaningful, artistic music.*

https://www.facebook.com/TheProgMind
reformationband View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Quote reformationband Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 14:35
Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome

I'd actually like to review your new album, "Fatal Expectation".  Where can I get a copy?

http://reformation.bandcamp.com

You can stream it for free, or buy the download or CD.  CDs will be available in late September 2013.

Edited by reformationband - August 27 2013 at 14:36
 Post Reply Post Reply