FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Arena DVD: 'Rapture' due March/April 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Arena DVD: 'Rapture' due March/April 2013
    Posted: January 16 2013 at 07:32
News from Metalmind, Poland: http://metalmind.com.pl/index.php?dzial=newsy&more=4056

"In November 2011, the British band Arena visited Poland as part of the tour promoting their new album “The Seventh Degree of Separation”. The album opened a new chapter in the history of the band led since 1995 by two acclaimed musicians: Clive Nolan (Pendragon, Caamora, Shadowland) and Mick Pointer (ex-Marillion). The new material was recorded with a new singer, Paul Manzi (Oliver Wakeman Band), the bassist John Jowitt, who returned to the band’s line-up after a several year break, and the guitarist John Mitchell.

On November, 10th Arena played a show in Silesian Theatre in Katowice which for once more became the most important place for prog-rock fans. The show was enthusiastically received by Arena’s fans. The band performed their brand new songs (The Great Escape, The Seventh Degree Of Separation, Rapture, One Last Au Renoir, The Ghost Walks, What If?, Burning Down) as well as a selection of songs from their previous albums (including The Visitor, Solomon, Crying For Help VII, Ascension). The concert at the theatre was also special because Arena recorded their brand new live DVD there. And today the band reveal its title – “Rapture”.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150403046001069.381146.71063596068&type=1

“Rapture” DVD will be released by Metal Mind Productions on March, 25th in Europe and April, 9th in USA (via MVD). Full details to be announced soon."

You can view the photos from the Theatre HERE.

The previous two Arena DVDs were both crackers, so I'm certainly looking forward to this...! 

Edited by Easy Livin - January 16 2013 at 12:44
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 07:41
Oustanding, thanks for the info!

I love the band, but have NEVER seen any of their DVD's! I think I'll make this one my first!

Just listened to `Pepper's Ghost' today too!
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 12:47
As recently announced, the British band Arena release their new DVD in March.
The DVD titled “Rapture” was recorded in 2011, when Arena visited Poland as part of the tour promoting their new release “The Seventh Degree of Separation”. The album opened a new chapter in the history of the band led since 1995 by two acclaimed musicians: Clive Nolan (Pendragon, Caamora, Shadowland) and Mick Pointer (ex-Marillion). The album was recorded with a new singer, Paul Manzi (Oliver Wakeman Band), the bassist John Jowitt, who returned to the band’s line-up after a several year break, and the guitarist John Mitchell. Filmed in 2011 at Wyspiański Theatre in Katowice, Poland, the DVD features a wide cross-section of Arena’s music, with material ranging from the tracks from the band’s very first release (including The Visitor, Solomon, Crying For Help VII, Ascension) up to their latest songs (The Great Escape, The Seventh Degree Of Separation, Rapture, One Last Au Renoir, The Ghost Walks, What If?, Burning Down).

And today the band reveal the tracklist and cover artwork of the “Rapture” DVD.

Arena - Rapture DVD

Tracklist:

1. The Great Escape
2. Crack in the Ice
3. Don’t Forget to Breathe
4. City of Lanterns
5. What If?
6. One Last Au Revoir
7. Burning Down
8. Serenity
9. Valley of the Kings
10. Crying for Help IV
11. The Eyes of Lara Moon
12. Ghost in the Firewall
13. Rapture
14. The Ghost Walks
15. Bedlam Fayre
16. The Tinder Box
17. The Visitor
18. Solomon
19. Crying for Help VII
20. Ascension

The DVD also features an interview with Mick Pointer and Clive Nolan, additional “Live in Warsaw, 2011” footage, photo gallery, discography information, and desktop images!
“Rapture” DVD will be released by Metal Mind Productions on March, 25th in Europe and April, 9th in USA (via MVD). Full details to be announced soon.

--------------------------------------
Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept., 
ul. Czajek 31, 40-534 Katowice POLAND

www.metalmind.com.pl
www.facebook.com/metalmindproductions
tel.++48 32 205 25 00 mobile: ++48 602 218 278
fax: ++48 32 205 36 65

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 12:59
That's certainly a great setlist. Should be a fine DVD indeed! Thumbs Up
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 13:30
Thanks, guys, your info helped to update the DVD page. Smile
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 14:20
As previosuly announced, the British band Arena release their new DVD in late March. The DVD titled “Rapture” was recorded in 2011, when Arena visited Poland as part of the tour promoting their new release “The Seventh Degree of Separation”. The album opened a new chapter in the history of the band led since 1995 by two acclaimed musicians: Clive Nolan (Pendragon, Caamora, Shadowland) and Mick Pointer (ex-Marillion). The album was recorded with a new singer, Paul Manzi (Oliver Wakeman Band), the bassist John Jowitt, who returned to the band’s line-up after a several year break, and the guitarist John Mitchell.
Filmed in 2011 at Wyspiański Theatre in Katowice, Poland, the DVD features a wide cross-section of Arena’s music, with material ranging from the tracks from the band’s very first release (including The Visitor, Solomon, Crying For Help VII, Ascension) up to their latest songs (The Great Escape, The Seventh Degree Of Separation, Rapture, One Last Au Renoir, The Ghost Walks, What If?, Burning Down).

And today you can see the preview of the DVD on the Metal Mind Productions’ official channel on YouTube. Track “The Visitor” is available in THIS location. 

The DVD also features an interview with Mick Pointer and Clive Nolan, additional “Live in Warsaw, 2011” footage, photo gallery, discography information, and desktop images!
“Rapture” DVD will be released by Metal Mind Productions on March, 25th in Europe and April, 9th in USA (via MVD).

Arena
“Rapture”

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. no.: MMP DVD 0203
Barcode: 5907785037663
Format: DVD
Genre:  progressive rock
Release date: 25.03.2013 Europe / 09.04.2012 USA

Tracklist:

1. The Great Escape
2. Crack in the Ice
3. Don’t Forget to Breathe
4. City of Lanterns
5. What If?
6. One Last Au Revoir
7. Burning Down
8. Serenity
9. Valley of the Kings
10. Crying for Help IV
11. The Eyes of Lara Moon
12. Ghost in the Firewall
13. Rapture
14. The Ghost Walks
15. Bedlam Fayre
16. The Tinder Box
17. The Visitor
18. Solomon
19. Crying for Help VII
20. Ascension

--------------------------------------
Metal Mind Productions - Promo/PR
www.metalmind.com.pl
www.facebook.com/metalmindproductions
ul. Czajek 31, 40-534 Katowice POLAND
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 16:18
And here's a sample of what to expect:

Thumbs Up

Edit: I previously posted a fair selection of Arena live Youtube clips from their previous DVDs here for the benefit of Aussie-Byrd-Brother and others who might not be familiar with this fine band, but the whole post was for some reason deleted by person(s) unknown (no p.m. warning me about this was received). Ouch
Hope this latest one doesn't fall victim of the progarchives censorship machine too... Disapprove

Edited by yam yam - March 14 2013 at 16:43
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 10:53
An update from Clive Nolan:

Arena DVD

We had to wait long.... But here it is at last!! Arena new DVD 'Rapture' has been released by Metal Mind Productions and is now available through Verglas online store at: http://www.verglas.com/index.php

Filmed in Katowice in November 2011, 'Rapture' is the first Arena DVD featuring Paul Manzi on vocals. The DVD contains 21 songs from Arena old and new repertoire, photo galleries, interviews with Clive Nolan and Mick Pointer as well as a live Bootleg from Warsaw, 2011. 

For details visit Verglas: http://www.verglas.com/index.php

This year Arena can be seen live in London at Celebr8 festival on May 12th, 2013!

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 08:00
I don't know if I'll bother with this one.  While the setlist is indeed high quality I'm not overkeen on the new vocalist to be honest.  I much preferred Rob Sowden.  The Smoke and Mirrors DVD (with Sowden) is superb, I can't recommend it highly enough.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 06:34
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

The Smoke and Mirrors DVD (with Sowden) is superb, I can't recommend it highly enough.

+1 Thumbs Up
The earlier 'Caught In The Act' DVD featuring the same line-up was equally superb, though you need to wind the volume up a bit on your player to get the best out of it - audio levels appear to be decidedly lower than is usual for a music DVD.
 Post Reply Post Reply