Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Baja Prog (Prog festival in Mexico) 2014 lineup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBaja Prog (Prog festival in Mexico) 2014 lineup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 13:08
Awesome festival :)

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 18:35
Great you could go, I didn't make up my mind. I only wish Steve Hackett would go to Mexico City at least... I haven't seen him schedule a concert there, but he's on a world tour, he should make Mexico City a place to stop by. I've also had the fantasy that Anglagard may go play at the Cervantino. Highly unlikely, of course.
ytsename View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 04:14
Mexico surely has one of the best festivals of the world!
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 16:16
What a great show it was!  

Hackett was amazing, as were Anglagard and Three Friends. Crimson Project was a bit too loud for me (and I wasn't the only one), but still good.

I was also really impressed with Galahad (though they looked like they were suffering from the outdoor heat) and Luz de Riada--bands I had never heard.  Unfortunately missed the last day.

I'll post a couple excellent pics as soon as I can get them off my phone.
Z
TerLJack View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 09:13
Too bad you missed a great show with Eddie Jobson.  His band was made up of first class musicians, and they played music from Zinc even!
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 14:09
would liked to have seen it, but oh well, there's always the future.  Also failed to mention I saw the New Trolls--also never had heard them and was impressed with their show.
Z
Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 01:30
The lineup for this 2014 edition has been announced, some very interesting names IMO, including :
http://www.bajaprogofficial.com/

-Fish
-PFM
-Neal Morse
-Osanna + David Jackson + Gianni Leone
-Spock΄s Beard
-Saga
-Museo Rosenbach
-Haken
-Moon safari
-Shylock

Among other bands : )
starsofitaly View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2014 at 05:57

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Gnu Quartet confirmed in Baja Prog 2014 line-up.

It’s now official, the Italian based revolutionary quartet of talents (Roberto Izzo violin, Raffaele Rebaudengo viola, Stefano Cabrera cello, Francesca Rapetti flute) will be active part of Baja Prog Festival 2014.

Gnu Quartet will perform alongside with Cast (Mexican prog band) on April 4th and their own set on April 5th both on main stage Colonial Hotel in Mexicali.

The quartet from Genoa, Italy, will celebrate the 7th year of activity, a constellation of music experiences that brought them to play with all major national musicians and appear on prestigious stages such as Stadiums and Main Festivals in Italy.

Versatile and unpredictable musicians, Gnu Quartet are the real challenge for this future Baja Prog. Classical instruments making Progressive sounds and music architecture. That explains why they were chosen by PFM and NEW TROLLS to collaborate at several Italian progressive music projects.

Roberto Izzo, violin of Gnu Quartet, will be performing for the third edition in a row, after 2 very successful appearance in 2008 and 2013 as first violin and orchestra director with NEW TROLLS Concerto Grosso that impressed the Baja Prog international audience.

For their live set, Gnu Quartet are preparing a set list with own original composition and some high impact “GNU STYLE” revisited Prog hits, whose titles are kept very secret at the moment.

So, after participating to Jazz, Instrumental Pop and Classic festivals, the Gnu Quartet manage to close this circle by landing to the biggest Prog event in the world.

GNU QUARTET are:

Roberto Izzo, Violin

Raffaele Rebaudengo, Viola

Stefano Cabrera, Cello

Francesca Rapetti, Flute

DISCOGRAPHY:

Gnu Quartet – 2008  https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/gnuquartet/id418759698

Something Gnu – 2011 https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/something-gnu/id434461710

MUSE_ic – 2013 https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/muse-ic-gnuquartet-play-muse/id633585481

VIDEO:

LIVE VIDEO 1   LIVE VIDEO 2   LIVE VIDEO 3   OFFICIAL VIDEO

PRESS AND MANAGEMENT:

www.starsofitaly.com/artists/gnuquartet/

Website

www.gnuquartet.com

zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 12:33
Haken,   PFM,  Museo Rosenbach,  Fish,  Neal Morse,  Spock's Beard,  Osanna,  Moon Safari   etc.

Wow!  I've just decided to go again.

.  This was seriously one of the best festival/concerts I've ever been to last year and the lineup this year is just as good.  I like the night performances better--wish Haken were night, but oh well, I'm sure they'll be just as awesome in the daytime venue as well.

Incidentally, I booked a double room at a cheaper motel about 1 mile from the day venue (it was all they had left). If anyone thinks they might want to go, and are by themselves, send me a message and maybe we can work out a share. Room is non-smoking.   Thanks

Z
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 19:00
Again a great festival this year! A few sound glitches, but excellent overall, (however punishing to my eardrums)

I thought the very best performaces were by PFM, the Gnu Quartet, Haken, Felix Martin, and Shylock.

Fish, Moon Safari, Museo Rosenbach,  Neal Morse, and Spock's beard were also very good (Esp the drumming--Mike Portnoy was amazing). 

I missed Moraine, and part of Osanna but some of the others I'd never heard gave decent performances: Frak's Lead costume was cool/bizarre, and t'was nice to see female vocalists with IO Earth and Elora.

If you've never been, and live in So. Cal or other nearby place, this festival is worth going to!  

ClapClapClap

Z
Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 18:36
Agreed, Museo Rosenbach and Shylock were mindblowing, and seeing PFM live was excellent; great edition this 2014.
temporelliprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2014 at 05:24
Originally posted by Runaway Runaway wrote:

<span style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Pretty big festival that takes place in Mexicali, situated right beside Calexico and a few hours from San Diego and Los Angeles. </span><br style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><br style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">http://www.bajaprogofficial.com/<br style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><br style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">http://www.facebook.com/bajaprogofficial?fref=ts<br style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><br style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="line-height: 17.46px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Lineup looks really interesting, featuring some big names. The festival already had more than 10 years ongoing, but it stopped for 4 years, returning this one. </span>

Lineup:

Steve Hackett (UK)
Eddie Jobson (UK)
The Crimson ProjecKt (UK-USA)
Anglagard (Sweden)
Cast (Mexico)
Three Friends (UK)
New Trolls (Italy)
Locanda Delle Fate (Italy)
Galahad (UK)
Jelonek (Poland)
Mystery (Canada)
Panzerballett (Germany)
Gran Turismo Veloce (Italy)
Crisalida (Chile)
Introvision (Costa Rica)

well, that's a great festival i know baja prog got great bands ...but i think in italy there's a really underrated festival, which is MASSIVE! more, it's completely free entry festival! it's called 2Days Prog +1. it takes place in Veruno, a litlle city near lake maggiore and lake orta and lasts 3 days. here is the 2014 line-up:

5th september:
-fem
-franck carducci
-martin turner wishbone ash
-FOCUS

6th september:
-kingcrow
-overhead
-anglagard
-SPOCK'S BEARD

7th september:
-barock project
-io earth
-leprous
-PFM (premiata forneria marconi)

i don't know why this festival is so underrated!! and most of all it's free entry. well, i post the official trailer taken from their youtube page:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TwETTqBHw

you can come to italy for a weekend of prog music :)
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 14:14
Have'nt seen any promo or announcement for Baja Prog in 2015. 

Does anyone know if its happening this year??
Z
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 14:32
Originally posted by zwordser zwordser wrote:

Have'nt seen any promo or announcement for Baja Prog in 2015. 

Does anyone know if its happening this year??

Unfortunately it isn't, though it seems it may be a temporary hiatus and not the end of the festival. The organizers posted an announcement on the festival's Facebook Page in November, and I think you can find it on their website as well.
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 12:44
That is a bummer:  It's such a great festival, and I was looking forward to going again, and even had a friend possibly interested.  Well, hopefully in 2016 it will be back!

Z
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12