Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJon Anderson Takes Solo Show To Australia & NZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Anderson Takes Solo Show To Australia & NZ
    Posted: February 06 2013 at 15:56
This was sent to me and looks like a great night out....

One of the most recognisable & influential voices in progressive rock, lead vocalist and creative force behind YesJon Andersonwill be touring Australia solo for the first time. Jon will be performing the timeless songs from the Yes songbook as well as his own highly acclaimed solo work.

Irish born Anderson, started off fronting Mabel Greer's Toyshop, before forming Yes, however his musical career has never been creatively limited. Be it working on four celebrated albums with Oscar winner Vangelis, or playing with the likes of Toto, Glass Hammer, Dream Theater,  Kitaro, King Crimson, Mike Oldfield, Peter Machajdik, Gowan, Rick Wakeman's concept album '1984' and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones or producing 13 highly acclaimed solo albums.Jon has always found different avenues for creativity, be it composing and playing with dozens of orchestras throughout the world, composing ballet scores or contributing to countless film scores and painting.

Don’t miss the chance to see this masterful musician & weaver of stories in these one off intimate settings.

Tour details visi
www.bluesfesttouring.com.au or call 02 6685 8310

PowerhouseBrisbane – THUR 28 March 2013 - RESERVED SEATING

Bluesfest, Byron Bay – SUN 31 March 2013 - RESERVED SEATING & Dinner & Show

Lizottes, Newcastle – WED 3 April 2013 - RESERVED SEATING & Dinner & Show

Factory Theatre, Sydney – SAT 6 April 2013 - RESERVED SEATING

The CornerMelbourne – WED 10 April & THUR 11 April 2013 - LIMITED GA SEATING

The Gov, Adelaide – SUN 14 April 2013 - LIMITED GA SEATING

Jon Anderson - The Voice of Yes

Jon Anderson - Auckland

An intimate evening with Jon Anderson, the voice of YES.

** Limited GA Seating for The Corner ,Melbourne and The Gov , Adelaide shows**

One of the most recognisable & influential voices in progressive rock, as the lead vocalist and creative force behind the band Yes, Jon Anderson was central to that band’s phenomenal success. Jon’s solo show includes many classic tales from his days with the supergroup and his ensuing solo career as well as the timeless songs from all across the Yes songbook & his own eclectic solo work. < height="315" ="http://www.youtube.com//2384ayqnAho" border="0" width="420" allowfullscreen="">

Jon was the author and a major creative influence behind the series of epics produced by the legendary supergroup Yes including  such complex pieces as "Close to the Edge", "Awaken", and especially "The Gates of Delirium.” Additionally, Jon co-authored the group's biggest hits, including "I've Seen All Good People," Roundabout," and "Owner Of A Lonely Heart." Noted for singing in his original Lancastrian accent, this is a chance to see this truly unique musician perform solo, up close and personal. 

“Yes, Jon still is the voice...Anderson’s voice remains exquisite, never more so than on Find My Way Home, Won­drous Stories and the sublime Soon excerpt from The Gates Of Delirium.”
- EXPRESS & STAR

Lancashire born Anderson, started off fronting Mabel Greer's Toyshop, before forming Yes, however his musical career has never been creatively limited. Be it working on four celebrated albums with Oscar winner Vangelis, or playing with the likes of Toto, Glass Hammer, Dream Theater,  Kitaro, King Crimson, Mike Oldfield, Peter Machajdik, Gowan, Rick Wakeman's concept album '1984' and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones or producing 13 highly acclaimed solo albums.Jon has always found different avenues for creativity, be it composing and playing with dozens of orchestras throughout the world, composing ballet scores or contributing to countless film scores and painting.

2013 will mark Jon Anderson’s first ever solo Bluesfest and sideshow appearances. A masterful musician, a weaver of stories both verbal and musical, Jon Anderson will make these nights linger long in the memory.

jonanderson.com

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 16:13
It should be a great night. Not Irish born, though?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Ajay View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 18:39
Thanks. I was given tickets at Christmas (after a lot of not-so-subtle hinting). Looking forward to it very much.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 12:31
I took this video when Jon played in the Chicago region a while back....please go, you'll have a great time!!  His set list is amazing...a solo version of "The Revealing Science of God," with Jon on electronic keyboard!!   Cheers, Chuck

Ajay View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 22:13
Thanks! Cool

So let me get this straight: He's touring again. He's singing again. Why is Yes still employing the substitute singer's substitute singer?
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 22:38
Oooh, Ajay, I'm not sensing a lot of love towards Jon Davidson/Glass Hammer here lol!

He was actually very good with them when I saw Yes play last year in Melbourne, although he brought them a touch more femininity....even more so than when Anderson is with them!
Ajay View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 23:06
Wink

I have nothing against whatsisname. I would just prefer the team reintroduce the front-rower now that he's fit and well.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 07:17
Jon Anderson is set up as a solo act now and he is probably happier without the stress of working with Yes. Wouldlike to see him live though and I wish Wakeman was touring with him again.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 07:19
One of the Set lists for 2012 was as follows when he played in London:

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 07:21
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 01:06
Interesting interview with Jon....he touches on to his musical future, and says this about Squire:

Q: A few months ago I talked with Chris Squire and he had told me that he's never turned down the opportunity to work with you again, but currently your health is too poor to do an extensive tour. How is your health, because I know it got pretty scary there for a while?

JA: Yeah, I nearly died a couple of times. My health is very good. The bizarre thing is I sing more on stage now doing my solo shows than I ever did with Yes. I sing and talk for an hour and three quarters. Chris just wants to own and control the band, that's his life. I wish he'd have called the band something else, it would have been more real, but bands do it, Journey carried on without their singer. I wish them luck; it's not my idea of Yes, obviously. My idea of Yes is "Open" and what I'm doing now. Emotionally I haven't left Yes at all. I still believe in Yes music. I still have a great feeling about the future of my idea of Yes music. I'm still committed to the wonderful Yes music we've created over the years. I want to continue to make that kind of Yes music; it's part of my life.

Ajay View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 03:28
Thanks for this.

I agree with him about Open. I first heard it at around the same time I first heard Fly From Here, and I thought Open was the best Yes track since Madrigal.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 00:35
Originally posted by Ajay Ajay wrote:

Thanks for this.

I agree with him about Open. I first heard it at around the same time I first heard Fly From Here, and I thought Open was the best Yes track since Madrigal.

My friend, you are welcome!  Have a good time at Jon's show, he'll do a Meet & Greet so be sure to bring something for him to sign! 

I met him backstage at the 35th Anniversary show in Chicago (I know Howe's guitar tech), and exchanged a few words with Jon.  I told him that his music inspired me to become an environmental scientist (absolutely true!), and he gave me the SWEETEST smile and eye contact!!  

Now, be sure to show Jon the best parts of your lovely country!  (sent to me by one of the best bassists in Oz)! 

Cheers, Chuck in Chicago!  

Ajay View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 01:14
Yep, that about covers it. Visitors welcome! Wink
glassonyonpr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 12:49
For Immediate Release

Legendary Singer/Songwriter Jon Anderson Takes Solo Show To Australia and New Zealand 
For First Time Ever!

Asheville, NC - Music fans 'down under' are buzzing with excitement about the upcoming solo tour of Australia and New Zealand by legendary vocalist Jon Anderson, YES's singer/songwriter for 35 years along with his successful work with Vangelis, Kitaro, and Milton Nascimento. This will be the very first time Jon has performed solo in either country. The tour promises to deliver an exciting mixture of material from Jon Anderson's prolific solo career, collaborations with Vangelis and classic YES songs, along with songs from his latest CD 'Survival & Other Stories' and new compositions, highlighted by humorous and enlightening stories told by Jon.

Says Jon, “I'm very excited to bring my show to Australia and New Zealand. I enjoy the show that I do, and people really seem to have a great time.”

Tour Dates:

Australia
Mar. 28 – Powerhouse, Brisbane – www.brisbanepowerhouse.org
Mar. 30 & 31 – Byron Bay Blues Festival – www.bluesfest.com.au
Apr. 03 – Lizottes Supperclub, Newcastle – www.lizottes.com.au
Apr. 06 – Factory Theatre, Sidney – www.factorytheatre.com.au
Apr. 10 & 11 – The Corner, Melbourne – www.cornerhotel.com
Apr. 14 – The Gov, Adelaide – www.bluesfesttouring.com.au

New Zealand
Apr. 17 – Sky City Theatre, Auckland – www.skycityauckland.co.nz
Apr. 20 – St James Theatre, Wellington  http://www.pwv.co.nz/live-in-wellington/single-show/show/jon-anderson/

In other news, Jon has made some recent guest appearances on several new CD releases: Acoustic guitarist Jeff Pevar's debut album 'From The Core'; French keyboardist/composer Jean Philippe Rykiel's new CD 'Inner Spaces'; and guitarist Dennis Haklar's debut CD release 'Lizard Tale'. Says Jon, “With the internet my musical world has evolved to an amazing degree, one day I'm singing with a Brazilian dude, the next day with peeps in Liverpool, the next creating a Symphonic work with a mate in India...then singing with Steve Layton 'down under' – it's an endless musical world!” Jon is currently recording new material, including the follow-up to his critically acclaimed 21-minute opus “OPEN” from 2011 titled “EVER”.

In closing Jon has this to impart to his fans, “Have fun...love is forever, and God is Free...”

For more information: www.jonanderson.com

Jon Anderson 'Survival & Other Stories' available through Gonzo MultiMedia:

Press Inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158[email protected]
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 09:19
Wow did anyone check out the show last night?

btw this was funny

Post Reply Post Reply