Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYes vs. Glass Hammer dust-up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 05:43
Envious. I was expecting it through today although I had 3 others instead which will at least keep me occupied over the weekend.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2015 at 11:18
well the new album is top notch...
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 02:58
Came through yesterday so I'm listening to it at the moment. Like all GH albums it's not easy to digest straight away and I've no idea where it would fit into their great canon of work. What's true is that this band have very high standards and they never let them slip.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2015 at 02:27
I've had a couple of full listens now and I like it more than Ode To Echo but probably not quite as much as the Jon Davison albums. My favourite GH album will always be The Inconsolable Secret ( Susie BHeart) so it will not beat that. GH are maybe stalling a bit now creatively although this is still a solid chunk of symph prog and not as 'Yes like' as many will imagine it to be. Its a bit lacking in killer hooks though and the lyrics are inevitably going to be a tad weak compared to those penned by Davison.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2015 at 01:21
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I've had a couple of full listens now and I like it more than Ode To Echo but probably not quite as much as the Jon Davison albums. My favourite GH album will always be The Inconsolable Secret ( Susie BHeart) so it will not beat that. GH are maybe stalling a bit now creatively although this is still a solid chunk of symph prog and not as 'Yes like' as many will imagine it to be. Its a bit lacking in killer hooks though and the lyrics are inevitably going to be a tad weak compared to those penned by Davison.
well TIS is a killer classic slice of PROG. but I`ll give you the killer hooks/lyrics are weaker but its another GH classic album un-yes like...LOL

Music Is Live

<
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2015 at 07:00

the lyrics are inevitably going to be a tad weak compared to those penned by Davison.
I'm not familar with which lyrics he wrote for GH but the lyrics which I believe he wrote for Heaven and Earth are awful sub-Anderson meaningless twaddle.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 01:57
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

well TIS is a killer classic slice of PROG. but I`ll give you the killer hooks/lyrics are weaker but its another GH classic album un-yes like...LOL

Fair point , I think they have consciously moved away from trying to be a second hand version of Yes that perhaps If and Cor Cordium gave the impression of being.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 06:33

Fair point , I think they have consciously moved away from trying to be a second hand version of Yes that perhaps If and Cor Cordium gave the impression of being.
there fav`s of mineWink

Music Is Live

<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 02:43

there fav`s of mineWink

and mine , I don't care about music being a bit derivative as long as I enjoy it
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 08:56

there fav`s of mineWink
well said for me you can call it rock, pop. hip-hop or trash its all music to ME...LOL

and mine , I don't care about music being a bit derivative as long as I enjoy it

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 04:30
the new album as been on overload....

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456