Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Dillinger Escape Plan album due in May 2013!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Dillinger Escape Plan album due in May 2013!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Dillinger Escape Plan album due in May 2013!
    Posted: February 25 2013 at 16:06
from their official site
Quote The trailblazing band, whose creative energy and unwavering artistic commitment has reverberated through underground subculture and in tastemaker circles alike since the late 1990s, return with renewed passion and unrivaled skill with their fifth full-length album. 

One of Us is the Killer is set to be released through the band's own Party Smasher Inc., in partnership with Sumerian Records (Animals As Leaders, The Faceless, Periphery) in North America. Party Smasher's partnership with BMG covers the rest of the world, including licensing deals with Grind House (Helmet, Cancer Bats, Funeral For A Friend) for Japan and Remote Control (Radiohead, Vampire Weekend, MIA) in Australia. 

The new Dillinger Escape Plan album was recorded in Southern California with longtime producer Steve Evetts (Glassjaw, The Cure, Suicide Silence), with additional production at guitarist/co-founder Ben Weinman's studio. Mastering will be handled by Tom Baker (Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Beastie Boys). 

The album represents a new holistic pinnacle of the band's constantly evolving and engaging dynamics. The band will launch worldwide tours in 2013, beginning with a handful of headlining dates that have just been released.

Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 17:49
Cool, really looking forward to this
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 04:54
Sweet. 
raeloneq View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 17:23
Is this considered progressive metal? I saw them with Mastodon and they were awful. 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 18:12
Interesting
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 06:24
Originally posted by raeloneq raeloneq wrote:

Is this considered progressive metal? I saw them with Mastodon and they were awful. 
  it is indeed, "progressive" is not a term for good or bad, so if you did not like them, that does not make them less progressive, they are on PA
raeloneq View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 17:39
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

it is indeed, "progressive" is not a term for good or bad, so if you did not like them, that does not make them less progressive, they are on PA

I guess the progressive genre can be used to describe any kind of music nowadays. It's my opinion after watching them live that there is nothing progressive about Dillinger. Regular metal riffs and horrible screamo voice that is not even understandable.

PS. Iron Maiden is one of my favorite bands ever and they are in website too. And they are by no means progressive. Just because a band is archived in progarchives, doesn''t mean they are progressive.

Edited by raeloneq - February 27 2013 at 17:41
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 17:56
^ your latter comment applies to a small number of bands indeed but Iron Maiden are under Prog-Related and not under a prog-rock category.

I don't think the progressive genre can be used to describe any music, at least on this site, but I respect your opinion about not liking TDEP (not my favourite band by any means).
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 21:15
YEEESSSSSS
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 21:22

Dude, with all due respect, I don't think it really matters, especially with Dillinger, where they strive to put out something innovative and experimental with every single release. If you don't like them, you don't like them, but if you can hear past all the chaos and noise, you'll see some really intelligently crafted music. They're monster musicians as well.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2013 at 10:51

Probably just not your cup of tea then. They're one of the most mindblowingly technical, creative, and experimental mathcore bands out there today. The hard part is getting past the chaotic dissonance and noise, which means they definitely aren't for everyone.

Definitely excited for this one though.
 Post Reply Post Reply