Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - seriously out of tune acts who somehow slipped in.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedseriously out of tune acts who somehow slipped in.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 16:07
Unfortunately it played all the way through for me. She's put in the stocks at the end but then someone was foolish enough to let her out.
Ambient Hurricanes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 19:10
I kind of liked her singing, actually.  Yes, it was flat, but it was almost like she was flat as an aesthetic choice (kind of like Curt Kobain).

The "Christian Side Hug" vid that Chester posted, on the other hand, was terrible.
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs
paganinio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 19:37
I was recently getting to Doom Metal and it's obvious how they intentionally try to sing "out of tune", in a Joy Division-sort of way.
It's meant to symbolize how the world has gone out of order.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2013 at 03:50
That went completely over my head. All I could think of was 'please make it stop'. OK it made me laugh a bit as well so I had mixed feelings.

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2013 at 03:54
The thing that strikes me about something like this, is the fact that none of the folks involved have had the balls to confront this woman with her terrible vocals. I could understand that, if she was a reincarnation of a young Sophia Loren, but that is certainly not the case...
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mirkwood View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2013 at 14:00
They didn't bother because it is obvious and it's funnier to just say that it's awesome.

I think out of tune vocals are pretty common in pop, the weird thing about that is that the producer didn't bother covering it up with vocoder/autotune then delay.

Check this one out, it's unbearable and a pretty popular song:

Also the Cranberries singer sounds extremely out of tune in most of their songs. Lots of reverb or delay though.

Sharon del Adel (Within Temptation, but also sings dance music) sounds pretty out of tune to me, but is usually covered up by lots of effects. Same with Madonna.

Actually a lot of people like Within Temptation and she has also influenced a lot of amazing singers who do sing on-key, so maybe she's not that bad.

But in any case, it seems a lot of slightly out of key stuff is often tolerated and liked, comes up sometimes in blues and also certain styles of traditional music, sometimes rock as well.

Edited by Mirkwood - March 17 2013 at 06:05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12