Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 23:35
Originally posted by jude111 jude111 wrote:

Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

TongueBig smileClapSmileCool
I think Crush might spoil Cabrera's bid for a historic 2 straight Triple Crowns.Let's see how he does down the stretch though.

Cool, I'm from Baltimore! What an exciting team these last 2 years. I just really, really hope that Chris Davis isn't using chemicals. When someone's hitting homers at a pace like he is, it's only natural to be suspicious... I'm sure he must have been tested, though.

At any rate, how about that sweep of the Yanks? Let's Go O's! :-)

He worked with a hitting coach and started a strict workout regimen practically since the day last season ended.It's just hard work,dedication and the O's letting him play every day that's paying off.

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 00:29
Steroids. Breakfast of champions. I think the Jays could use some roidish right now.
They are losing their sh*t. Dam Tigers!!! Lol
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
The Truth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 16:58
Couple of great wins by the Royals as of late. Almost to that .500 mark once again.

And first place in the AL Central is by no means an impossibility. They aren't that many games behind Detroit.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2013 at 10:25
A great win for the Tigers last night.  Going into the game Detroit was 2 and 9 in extra innings and Cleveland was 5 and 0, so it seemed to be a pretty forgone conclusion which team was going to win once it made it to extra innings.  Former Indian Victor Martinez came through with a 2-run double in the top of the 10th and Benoit held on for the save.  Don't forget to vote for Benoit for the final All Star. Big smile
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2013 at 07:48
Any tips for who's looking likely World Series champs this season.  About halfway through the season now.

We get to see very little in the UK until playoff time approaches.

I'll be rooting for the Braves of course but Oakland look a good bet and I don't think we can rule out Scott's Tigers.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2013 at 12:51
Cardinals/Detroit in the WS. I'll take Cardinals to win it.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 15:14
I am listening to the White Sox thump Justin Verlander and the Tigers this afternoon.  Sox lead 7 to 3 in the 7th inning.  The Tigers totally suck on weekday afternoon games.  I think that they have lost every one this year after the first home series.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 18:12
That's it!!! Jays are done...just done! Very Dissapointed. I know their is still half the season left, but I just don't see life or any kind of real consistency. The last series against the Dodgers was a nightmare. I went to the 14-5 slaughter and when I got home I listened to a bunch of Prog to cheer my ass up.

I guess next year then. :(
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 14:14
Tigers vs Phillies for three this weekend.  Where are my Phillies' buddies for some good natured trash talkin'?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 14:30
I hope you obliterate us so our idiotic front office doesn't try to sell off the few prospects we have remaining to add more aging and overpriced veterans to a sub-.500 level team with no realistic hopes of making the playoffs let alone winning the World Series.

They should take these most recent 6 games against the Tigers and the Cardinals, the two teams which will be in the WS in my estimation, to see how truly bad the Phillies' team is at the moment so that maybe, possibly, hopefully they become sellers at the deadline despite the fact that we have a GM who lives in the neolithic era of baseball and has no ability to effectively sell off assets.

Does that count as trash talk?
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 14:37
    You are trashing the  wrong team, but I suppose that does count as trash talk.   Scherzer versus Lee tomorrow night should be a premium matchup.      
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 14:42
Yes. I can agree to that.

Any word on if Miggy will play?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 15:02
I don't think he is going to play tonight.  Maybe later on this weekend.  I haven't heard anything concrete yet though.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 10:26
10 - 0 Tigers over Phillies last night.  I guess that that was what you were hoping for this weekend.  Fun game to be at last night.  There haven't been too many games this year for the Tigers where the drama was over early.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 11:57
Huge Cincinnati Reds fan here. I know we could sure use a win tonight. Can't have the Cardinals and Pirates pull away from us. Cry
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 12:19
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

10 - 0 Tigers over Phillies last night.  I guess that that was what you were hoping for this weekend.  Fun game to be at last night.  There haven't been too many games this year for the Tigers where the drama was over early.

Pretty much. It still made me sick to watch though.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 14:33
Wow! I really feel badly for Phillies fans. Eight runs in one inning between multiple errors, walking 2 batters in with the bases loaded and then giving up a grand slam to the Tigers. This is one of the worst innings I've seen a team play this year.

Is it Manuel's fault or the front office?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 15:45
I mean for the inning itself the blame belongs to the players and their atrocious play and to Manuel for not using his best reliever in a bases loaded, no out, tie game situation simply because he's the "closer". Instead, he screws his team because it was only the sixth inning which according to "playing the game the right way" calls for a junk arm middle relief innings eater.

The blame for the season belongs to front office for developing prospects poorly, being terrible in free agency, ill advised prospect dealings, and just an atrocious ability to develop prospects.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 15:57
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

I mean for the inning itself the blame belongs to the players and their atrocious play and to Manuel for not using his best reliever in a bases loaded, no out, tie game situation simply because he's the "closer". Instead, he screws his team because it was only the sixth inning which according to "playing the game the right way" calls for a junk arm middle relief innings eater.

The blame for the season belongs to front office for developing prospects poorly, being terrible in free agency, ill advised prospect dealings, and just an atrocious ability to develop prospects.

Oh, I know it's the player's fault for that inning, particularly the inexplicable errors, but wouldn't you as a manger remove the pitcher after he walks the second player with the bases loaded? I was amazed. I thought I was watching Jim Leyland for a minute. LOL

Hadn't followed much of the Phillies travails this year, sorry to hear the front office is so screwed up.

On another note, I was also irked that the ump Fairchild ejected Cabrera on a two-strike count with the bases loaded in the second inning. I don't think I've ever seen that before. It looked like Cabrera was as surprised as everyone else. I would've been pissed if I was at the park today. I mean, really, eject a triple crown winner and MVP in a situation like that?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 16:02
Situation and credentials shouldn't affect the decision to have him ejected. It's either right or wrong based entirely on what he did at the plate. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>