FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 MLB Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 19:37
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Wow! Just Wow!  The Tigers get to Mariano Rivera for the 2nd time this weekend.  Home runs from Cabrera and Victor Martinez.  Tie game 4 -4 in the bottom of the 9th.  

I really think this is the Tigers year, and for what it's worth Cabrera should be MVP again.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2013 at 15:07
Ugh.  Verlander gave up 6 runs to the Twins today.  It was starting to look like he might be getting his good stuff back.  Twins lead 7 - 6 in the bottom of the 9th with Cabrera at the plate.  Tigers have not scored a run against Glenn Perkins in 17 appearance (September 2011).
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2013 at 15:11
And the streak continues.  Cabrera walks.  Fielder singles.  And then Martinez grounds into a double play to end the game.  I am pretty certain that at least 1/2 of the Tigers losses at home this year have come on weekday afternoon games.  Other than opening day they have lost every afternoon game that I have taken off of work this year plus days like today where I didn't take the day off.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 20:40
Ugh...given the above mentioned streak, the fact that the Tigers were losing 6 to 3 after 8 innings, that fact that they had lost the last 3 games to Oakland including the night before 14 to 4, the fact that it was super hot, and the fact that we wanted to try and be on the road by 4 O'Clock to beat the nasty rush hour traffic drive home (normal 20 minute drive home from game becomes an hour to hour and a half ride home) we left.  And what happens but the Tigers greatest comeback victory at home since 2003.  Oh well.  Probably wouldn't have happened if we had stayed so let's say we took one for the team. 
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2013 at 00:19

Probably wouldn't have happened if we had stayed so let's say we took one for the team. 

On behalf of Tiger fans everywhere, I wish to thank you for your sacrifice.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 22:22
Wow Washington just got a lot better getting Fister from Detroit for 3 guys i've never heard of.Shocked 

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 06:10
Wow,Orioles trade one of the best closers in the league to the A's for 2nd baseman Jemile Weeks.We need help at second and I understand 10 million is a lot of money to pay for a one inning player but good closers are hard to come by.

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 06:44
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Wow Washington just got a lot better getting Fister from Detroit for 3 guys i've never heard of.Shocked 
I'm somewhat baffled by this offseason.  When did the Tigers enter rebuilding mode.  It seems as though the pizza business and cost of a new hockey arena are having negative effects on the Tigers.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 08:28

I'm somewhat baffled by this offseason.  When did the Tigers enter rebuilding mode.  It seems as though the pizza business and cost of a new hockey arena are having negative effects on the Tigers.
I didn't mind seeing Prince Fielder shuffled off to Texas, but the Fister trade is indeed baffling. If the Tigers are interested in winning a World Series now, then getting a couple prospects and a journeyman infielder who may or may not eventually play for a tenacious and well-liked starter seems utterly counter-productive. Stupid even.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 08:46
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I didn't mind seeing Prince Fielder shuffled off to Texas, but the Fister trade is indeed baffling. If the Tigers are interested in winning a World Series now, then getting a couple prospects and a journeyman infielder who may or may not eventually play for a tenacious and well-liked starter seems utterly counter-productive. Stupid even.
The problem with the Fielder trade is that it wasn't a "win now" trade it was a trade to save money to "look to the future" trade.  As it stands right now, I believe that the 2014 Tigers are not as good as the 2013 Tigers were and with KC and Cleveland both on the rise, this makes me nervous.

For what it is worth, I am not saying that Fielder had a good playoff, but his not having any RBIs had as much to do with Jackson and Hunter not getting on base and Cabrera hobbling around the bases as it did with Fielder sucking it up.  The numbers that he put up in the regular season weren't great for him, but they are going to be awfully hard to replace next year. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 20:41
Apparently Detroit just signed closer Joe Nathan and Yankees got Ellsbury. The latter sucks.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 15:57

Apparently Detroit just signed closer Joe Nathan and Yankees got Ellsbury. The latter sucks.
It's nice to see the Yanks still trying to make up for their terrible excuse of a farm system. Maybe eventually they'll realize they need to get on that track.

Speaking of Detroit, there are rumors that they are willing to pay big money to get Shin-Soo Choo. I'd be surprised if he stuck with us, because I'm not sure how we can manage to offer him a similar type of deal unless we find a way to unload some of our current salaries.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 16:03
Originally posted by horsewithteeth11 horsewithteeth11 wrote:

It's nice to see the Yanks still trying to make up for their terrible excuse of a farm system. Maybe eventually they'll realize they need to get on that track.

Speaking of Detroit, there are rumors that they are willing to pay big money to get Shin-Soo Choo. I'd be surprised if he stuck with us, because I'm not sure how we can manage to offer him a similar type of deal unless we find a way to unload some of our current salaries.
There has been a lot of talk here about Choo as well.  The sports media seems to have a preference for Beltran, but that is because he will sign for a shorter deal.  Two years was the talk...but apparently the Royals have/might offer him a 3-year deal.  If he comes off of the table then I think that Choo will become priority number 1 for the Tigers; if he isn't already.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 18:15
The one wish I hoped for this free agent season was that Cano wouldn't return to the Yankees. I can't believe he's going to Seattle. Good for them. The Yankees in my opinion will be hurt more by not having a closer who is just about as perfect as he could be, well not including last season which not coincidently mean't they didn't make the playoffs.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 20:20
Angels fuCensored choked Angry
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2013 at 10:40
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Angels fuCensored choked Angry

Thought they might have gotten Cano? The Jays asked about him but wouldn't go more than 5 years so had no chance. Yankees get Carlos Beltran apparently. Beltrans still got it. I guess the Yankees have some money to spend with Cano gone although they always seem to have money to spend.LOL

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2013 at 11:48
Very sad to see Cano go, but ultimately the best thing to do. 10 years, 240 mill...no way. 
No one seems too bent up about it either, all seem to have learned the lessons of A rod. 

However, let Granderson go for 4 years 60 mill??? Maybe because they gave 150+ to Ellsbury. Not a bad player, I like him but sorry, Granderson is deff a better player and if he left for only 60, seems they could've easily kept him  ya know if so much wasnt sunk in Jacoby. Le sigh...
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2013 at 17:26
The Tigers downward spiral continued today with the signing of Joba the Hut to give us a right-hander to complement Phil Coke with the inability to get anybody out.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2013 at 17:55

The Tigers downward spiral continued today with the signing of Joba the Hut to give us a right-hander to complement Phil Coke with the inability to get anybody out.

Detroit did pickup Raji Davis who I thought played really well with the Jays. He can cause a lot of excitement when he gets on base. If he can get his average up then the Tigers will really have something. I agree though Scott about the dowmward spiral unless your general manager knows something we don't. Major shake-up though.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2013 at 11:48

Detroit did pickup Raji Davis who I thought played really well with the Jays. He can cause a lot of excitement when he gets on base. If he can get his average up then the Tigers will really have something. I agree though Scott about the dowmward spiral unless your general manager knows something we don't. Major shake-up though.
To add insult to injury the Tigers are tearing out our bleacher seats this offseason and replacing them with regular seats with cup holders.  And for this added unnecessary luxury they basically doubled the cost of our seats for the season.  Thank you for nothing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789