0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jefferson Airplane
    Posted: March 17 2013 at 21:17
I'm poll happy tonight.  I searched, couldn't believe we had no JA poll yet.  Smoke

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 04:27
Baxter's for me Party - Acid, Incense and Balloons.............
............and Grateful Dead's 'AoxomoxoA'...............
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 05:07
Oh, Jim and Tom, you know me....beautiful acid-fried `Baxters' for me! Though really, all these albums are terrific, even that embryonic, upbeat and poppy debut album :)

Jim, I wonder, have you heard a band called the Peanut Butter Conspiracy, especially their second album `The Great Conspiracy'??

You might love this track then - `Too Many Do'

Hope you all enjoy it!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 11:11
Crown and Volunteers are my 2 personal favorites.....but i like all the early material.

btw....how long does one have to be here before they can vote...what's up with that?
Confused
Et In Arcadia Ego
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 11:16
I can't believe I never started one.  One of my favorite bands.  I'm even into the Paul Kantner solo stuff and of course Jefferson Starship, before they lost the Jefferson part. 

Baxters is my favorite, although I love everything from Pillow to Volunteers, and even Bark is pretty cool.  And parts of the JA reunion album from 89 had some worthy stuff on it, namely the Kantner and Kaukonen songs. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 11:27
I'm gonna go with Volunteers, as I seem to be playing that one the most lately. Very "in your face" message-wise combined with all the grooviness.
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 11:51
Originally posted by dr wu23

Crown and Volunteers are my 2 personal favorites.....but i like all the early material.

btw....how long does one have to be here before they can vote...what's up with that?
Confused
I believe a count of 40 posts is needed for that.
"People tell you life is short. ... No, it's not. Life is long. Especially if you make the wrong decisions." - Chris Rock
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 21:57
Originally posted by The Doctor

I can't believe I never started one.  One of my favorite bands.  I'm even into the Paul Kantner solo stuff and of course Jefferson Starship, before they lost the Jefferson part. 

Oooooh yeah !!  How good is Blows Against The Empire ??  Or, Freedom At Point Zero for a kick-ass album....?  Man, Mickey Thomas has an amazing set of pipes.........
Baron Von Tollbooth & The Chrome Nun has some superb tracks and lots of Mellotron !!
And I love the heaviness of Long John Silver............Casady remains one of my all-time favourite bass heroes.
Can't forget The Dead or Quicksilver too.  Perhaps we should start up a 'West Coast psych scene' thread ??
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 12:58
Hi,

I have a lot of JA, Paul and Grace's work, and like it a lot. And I can see where a lot of it inspired Europeans and then some ... however, I think that JA got too stuck on their personality things that hurt the folks a lot, but you got to admit that the material is excellent, and then you hear "Ride the Tiger" and "Caroline" later and you go ... son of a gun ... still good after all that dope!

I hope, that before I pass away, that I can put together a book that shows how much these folks liked the Europeans and vice versa ... even though you can't see it. AD2 was massive on the California stuff and their lyrics are the only psychedelic lyrics that have very good literary content, and are not stupid. Even Herman Hesse wrote stuff like that ... but we didn't get inspired by it? .. think again!
... none of the hits, none of the time ... you might actually find your own art, or self, and forego lousy heroes or Guru's!

www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply