Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Petition to get Jon Anderson back into Yes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition to get Jon Anderson back into Yes
    Posted: September 03 2013 at 07:49
Jon's health problem is manageable after an operation--he still can't keep up a full time pace and does a concert here and there--he also asked to be let in Yes earlier this year and would re-jion with Davidson And Downes in the band and was rejected---I like FFH---I don't like mock prog like Glass Hammer---Besides Keys and Mag many albums led by Jon have been mediocre at best---but it seems that a special event which includes Jon A may happen if it can be arranged---Personally I think  most of solo Jon A sucks---he is no great solo artist and has always needed Howe Squire, Bruford, White, Wakeman and Moraz to co-create the masterpieces (or even Vangelis)---a Garbriel or Hackett he is not. I thiink both Drama and FFH are both proper Yes albums and do not include Jon A. Are they in the same league as 70's Yes---? no but not too many prog giants created masterpieces after the 70's.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 01:29
Originally posted by progbethyname

looks like Yessongs poked the bear with Richard!

Can't mess with Rich's Glasshammer.

indeedSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789