FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStick Men at Regattabar, Cambridge MA, 3/23/13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stick Men at Regattabar, Cambridge MA, 3/23/13
    Posted: March 23 2013 at 22:40
Just got home from this, dynamite performance.

The band was on fire for sure.  Played primarily material from the new album, which was powerful.  Highlights included "Whale Watch", a couple of improvs (one based on a theme from Open and one totally free, Breathless from Fripp's exposure album, Larks II (which was on fire), and of course the encore, Stravinsky's Firebird Suite.

Pat, Markus and Tony have really gelled into an incredible unit.  Playful, masterful, unforgiving and effortlessly sweet from moment to moment.  Tony's incredible gifts have been apparent to all for decades, but the more i see Pat play, the more i am enthralled by his funky and demented playing.  Markus remains a mysterious force, seeming to coax unbelievable sounds and runs from his touch guitar while looking to be barely moving and effortlessly drifting.

If you have not had a chance to see Stick Men, do so, and if you've not explored the albums i recommend them highly.
Prog-OrioN View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 07:16
I wish I could see their live performance. I liked 'Soup' but I never had the chance to see them perform live...
... And he's blind, and he's lame, and he's dirty and he's poor; Give him more...
 Post Reply Post Reply