Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedU.S. Supreme Court Considers Gay Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
Poll Question: What is your opinion on this?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
55 [73.33%]
1 [1.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [10.67%]
9 [12.00%]
2 [2.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 05:37
Originally posted by Ambient Hurricanes Ambient Hurricanes wrote:

Originally posted by dtguitarfan dtguitarfan wrote:

Gay affirming Christian here, and proud of it!  It is NOT unbiblical, regardless of what the false prophets say! Wink

Off topic, but,

Geoff!  Where have you been, man?

Well, I had a baby - number 3.  And I caught a bug - I started reading some things, and that made me want to read more things, and that made me want to read more things, and now I have a list of about 300 books I want to read eventually.  And I've been blogging - about politics, philosophy, and theology.  Notice how I didn't say religion?  Heh heh...somehow through it all I've begun to explore a mystery: Jesus didn't want to start a new religion, he wanted disciples.... Oh, I know, your first instinct is going to be to declare me a heretic, but resist that because you don't know what I believe yet.  Wink

Yeah, so basically, my mind is racing a million miles a minute and I'm reading and researching furiously, and I think I might end up teaching a class (my pastor told me he wants me to), and somehow I can't find it within myself to want to write about music any more, haha!  I still listen to a lot of it, and I think all this has enhanced the way I do...but somehow switching gears from the things I've been thinking about to music just isn't working for me these days.
Ambient Hurricanes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 22:32

Originally posted by Ambient Hurricanes Ambient Hurricanes wrote:

Gay affirming Christian here, and proud of it!  It is NOT unbiblical, regardless of what the false prophets say! Wink

Off topic, but,

Geoff!  Where have you been, man?

Well, I had a baby - number 3.  And I caught a bug - I started reading some things, and that made me want to read more things, and that made me want to read more things, and now I have a list of about 300 books I want to read eventually.  And I've been blogging - about politics, philosophy, and theology.  Notice how I didn't say religion?  Heh heh...somehow through it all I've begun to explore a mystery: Jesus didn't want to start a new religion, he wanted disciples.... Oh, I know, your first instinct is going to be to declare me a heretic, but resist that because you don't know what I believe yet.  Wink

Yeah, so basically, my mind is racing a million miles a minute and I'm reading and researching furiously, and I think I might end up teaching a class (my pastor told me he wants me to), and somehow I can't find it within myself to want to write about music any more, haha!  I still listen to a lot of it, and I think all this has enhanced the way I do...but somehow switching gears from the things I've been thinking about to music just isn't working for me these days.

Well, welcome back, for the time you do decide to spend on here.  It's good to have your perspective on some of these issues.  Makes me think (and I like to think) Wink  And no, I don't think you're a heretic. 

What did you end up deciding to name the baby, by the way?  I remember you asking for suggestions here on PA, I probably gave you some psuedo-witty tongue in cheek response LOL

Edited by Ambient Hurricanes - April 11 2013 at 22:33
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 02:36
Man whenever guys are allowed to marry in this state I am going to Rush out and divorce my wife and marry a dude. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - April 12 2013 at 02:37
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

HemispheresOfXanadu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 12:40
What's there to consider besides Ye Booke of Outdated Morals and How Properly to Jump at Shadowes? Confused
Sorry. I try not to attack religion, but when inequality is involved, I find it hard not to bring it up. Pinch
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 12:44
I've been in a same sex marriage for the past 30 years - I'm still the same man I was, the wife's still the same woman I married, therefore the sex is still the same sex.

I'm not complaining. Big smile
What?
AlexDOM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 16:47
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I've been in a same sex marriage for the past 30 years - I'm still the same man I was, the wife's still the same woman I married, therefore the sex is still the same sex.

Ha ha ha. That's witty:)
JesusisLord View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 00:27
Homosexual is described in the Bible as an Abomination. Period. Christ died for the abominations of mankind, seeks to save the homosexual, as well as any other sinner, but it remains a wickedness that requires repentance. 
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:11
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 00:41
^Stern Smile  and all we can hope is we have faith that mankind's psyche will evolve to be more accepting
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
AlexDOM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 17:51
Originally posted by JesusisLord JesusisLord wrote:

Homosexual is described in the Bible as an Abomination. Period. Christ died for the abominations of mankind, seeks to save the homosexual, as well as any other sinner, but it remains a wickedness that requires repentance. 

Hey my brother in Christ want to join with me in the bigot club. Already been grafted in from this forum. All I can say is 1 Peter 4!!! 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 18:55
Proverbs 10:12
What?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 19:19
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

LOL

I'm thinking all the judges (I'm not going to call them justices as too many of them are divorced from justice) should be required to gay marriage if they are against marriage equality.

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 20:01

Uh...that's fine if one believes in all the religious mumbo jumbo, but then I thought we were supposed to leave all that personal belief  junk out of the state's busniess.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 20:34
One Peer claims the State has no business be involved, another claims that IT IS "the state's business".....The right thing would be put it to a vote. Let the people decide (Government Of the people, FOR the people and BY the people) Problem is, that Government doesn't really exist anymore. For Example, In Hawaii the issue of "Gay" Marriage made it to the ballot, nearly 80% of the voters voted against it ( Beyond a landslide ) How did the state respond ? By appointing "Special Interest" judges to "investigate" the "Constittutional Ramifications of the issue". Well, they got it back on the ballot. What happened this time ? The people said absolutely No ! How did they respond? Take a guess. Fact is,due to Political Correctness and the spirit of this age, which is quickly moving away from GOD, Christ and the Bible, in preparation of the coming of the Anti-Christ, "Gay" Marriaige will soon be legal. But, when that is, That will be the least of Societies concerns, cuz things are gonna get real unstable in this world. Oh,  and to the dr wu23 guy, that takes some pretty big arrogance to call the Greatest Book that Has ever been written, Religious Mumbo Jumbo".... You must to some guy...Thumbs Up
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:11
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 20:41
I usually believe everything I read in novels, too.
AlexDOM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 20:43

One Peer claims the State has no business be involved, another claims that IT IS "the state's business".....The right thing would be put it to a vote. Let the people decide (Government Of the people, FOR the people and BY the people) Problem is, that Government doesn't really exist anymore. For Example, In Hawaii the issue of "Gay" Marriage made it to the ballot, nearly 80% of the voters voted against it ( Beyond a landslide ) How did the state respond ? By appointing "Special Interest" judges to "investigate" the "Constittutional Ramifications of the issue". Well, they got it back on the ballot. What happened this time ? The people said absolutely No ! How did they respond? Take a guess. Fact is,due to Political Correctness and the spirit of this age, which is quickly moving away from GOD, Christ and the Bible, in preparation of the coming of the Anti-Christ, "Gay" Marriaige will soon be legal. But, when that is, That will be the least of Societies concerns, cuz things are gonna get real unstable in this world. Oh,  and to the dr wu23 guy, that takes some pretty big arrogance to call the Greatest Book that Has ever been written, Religious Mumbo Jumbo".... You must to some guy...Thumbs Up

You are my hero, thanks for the encouragement:) What a blessing!!!
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 20:44

Having read the bible thoroughly, and the New Testament in particular, I don't recall Jesus stating anything of the sort, nor of homosexuality at all. But please, keep paraphrasing and misquoting scripture, as it is more amusing out of context.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 21:04
Mmmm, a Bible lesson fro "THE DARK ELF"...... Oh,  c'mon,  that evens sounds silly...
AlexDOM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 22:28
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Having read the bible thoroughly, and the New Testament in particular, I don't recall Jesus stating anything of the sort, nor of homosexuality at all. But please, keep paraphrasing and misquoting scripture, as it is more amusing out of context.

Mark 7:21-22
Mark 10:6-8 (this passage is found very similarily in the other Gospels too) Yes Jesus is addressing divorce here, but He only legitimizes marriage between man and woman whom He created. Sorry to be the debby downer here, but in a homosexual marriage relationship the two cannot literally become one flesh. (I have a very high view of marriage and sexuality in that context altogether) God made man parts and lady parts for a reason. It's natural. 

But all sexual immorality is sin period. Every little lustful thought action (yeah the big M) and infidelity, fornication. It all separates us including myself from Christ. Only through Him can I be redeemed and cleansed and turn away from it all. Still growing and still do and will struggle, that is reality.
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 01:44

Mmmm, a Bible lesson fro "THE DARK ELF"...... Oh,  c'mon,  that evens sounds silly...

Right, your comment is not the silly one here...
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 01:55
Originally posted by AlexDOM AlexDOM wrote:

Mark 7:21-22
Mark 10:6-8 (this passage is found very similarily in the other Gospels too) Yes Jesus is addressing divorce here, but He only legitimizes marriage between man and woman whom He created. Sorry to be the debby downer here, but in a homosexual marriage relationship the two cannot literally become one flesh. (I have a very high view of marriage and sexuality in that context altogether) God made man parts and lady parts for a reason. It's natural. 

But all sexual immorality is sin period. Every little lustful thought action (yeah the big M) and infidelity, fornication. It all separates us including myself from Christ. Only through Him can I be redeemed and cleansed and turn away from it all. Still growing and still do and will struggle, that is reality.
Right. So the first cherry pick doesn't denounce homosexulaity and the second cherry-pick does not forbid same sex marriage and neither apply to non-christians anyway, so if you want to live the life of a bronze-age sheep farmer then you continue reading your little book of ancient wisdom but keep it to yourself (unless there is a section on superannuated pensions or how to fix an internal combustion engine).

Edited by Dean - May 07 2013 at 01:57
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>